Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

3 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

Speaking of past I'm pretty sure there was a club next to TIS at one time.  Seems like it closed and the building torn down mid 80's.  I know I  never went but I swear I walked by it. 

Anyone remember that or did I dream that?  haha   Having a club so close to campus is something Slick Rick would do.

Go Hoosiers!!!

When I was an undergrad that building was a regular college bar called “the hop”. It got permanently shut down for several reasons including serving minors which was very, very unfair because no more than 70-80% of the clientele was underage.....On Friday they had a happy from 1-6 or so that was all the beer you could drink for a few bucks.  After the hop was shut down the pissed owner totally switched gears and reopened the business as a “Slick Rick” establishment (not sure of the name).

EDIT/PS...Trey, come to IU and play with your buddies.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

When I was an undergrad that building was a regular college bar called “the hop”. It got permanently shut down for several reasons including serving minors which was very, very unfair because no more than 70-80% of the clientele was underage.....On Friday they had a happy from 1-6 or so that was all the beer you could drink for a few bucks.  After the hop was shut down the pissed owner totally switched gears and reopened the business as a “Slick Rick” establishment (not sure of the name).

EDIT/PS...Trey, come to IU and play with your buddies.

Gotcha. Thanks. I was certain it was there.  I think it was already closed in the Fall of 85 when I was a freshman but I remember the building.

Starting my sophomore year I lived in a house 2 blocks behind Mother Bears(Hunter Ave).  I so miss those days.  🍕🍕🍕

P.S.  Trey you will love Mother Bears!!!

Go Hoosiers!!!

1 hour ago, Colonialcrester said:

I loved Rac and Cue. I won $250 in a pinball tournament there.  I spent a lot more training.🙄🙄🙄

And for those who don't know...right behind it was Colonial Crest apartments!

Yep....it was sketchy, but fun at times. There was also a Big Wagon Wheel restaurant and an Arby’s with the old hat sign right near there too. One more up from the Rack N Cue was the really good “Gold Rush” restaurant. I worked there while at IU....

3 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Yep....it was sketchy, but fun at times. There was also a Big Wagon Wheel restaurant and an Arby’s with the old hat sign right near there too. One more up from the Rack N Cue was the really good “Gold Rush” restaurant. I worked there while at IU....

I worked all through college at the Colorado steakhouse which used to be the gold rush

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Well. If Ole' Roy makes a trip to Sellersburg for breakfast.... like went he went to Washington... when he was chasing Cody Zeller.... we will know that Ole' Roy IS the one panicking.

Do you think Roy prefers Waffle House or Cracker Barrell?.  I can only watch one at a time.  

12 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Man, that picture has some terrible lighting. He looks bright yellow.

Unfortunately, much of Silver Creek High School is outdated.  Silver Creek finally got out of a bad marriage being in a school corporation with two smaller schools.  Corporation split was finalized on July 1st.  Second time in the entire country that an existing school corporation was allowed to split.  With the end of the unhappy marriage, Silver Creek is free to spend the money it needs to modernize.  10 years from now, it should be an entirely different school.

7 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

Spaceport was originally the book nook and was a bar before that...where Hoagie Carmichael wrote the song Stardust.  Bar closed years before, Book Nook moved to Walnut.

Spaceport was where Kilroys is, but there was another spaceport over where Lennies is now. Hoagie Carmichael wrote Stardust in a building, which is on Indiana. I just looked on google and there is a starbucks and Japonee express there. Through the 70s/80s it was Garcias.

The book nook was up on Jordan and Third before it moved.

2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

I have family that worked there in the early 80s.

The spaceport I went to in the early 80's was at corner of Indiana and Kirkwood...across from Sample gates....which weren't there at the time. In 1980 or 81 there was a plack there saying it was where Hoagie Carmichael wrote the song. That's the only reason I know it. Maybe they were wrong?

I don't know Lennie's. That came after me.

1 minute ago, Colonialcrester said:

The spaceport I went to in the early 80's was at corner of Indiana and Kirkwood...across from Sample gates....which weren't there at the time. In 1980 or 81 there was a plack there saying it was where Hoagie Carmichael wrote the song. That's the only reason I know it. Maybe they were wrong?

It's exactly what you are saying, but the Hoagie song was written around the corner on Indiana and the space port faced out on Kirkwood.

2 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

The Gables.

Archived