Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Football is a little different in that it is played outside and the equipment may provide a little bit of protection.  Volleyball might be a better comparison.  And, it's being played.  So, agree, basketball is on.  May not see all those holiday tournaments that require travel, but they will play.

I think soccer would be a better comparison.

11 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

In case you missed it, Trey had some comments this week on his timeline and his thoughts on Khristian Lander.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-trey-kaufman-still-hoping-for-visits-talks-relationship-with-khristian-lander/

You rock, TDH!

I hope this line holds true for the future...

"I’ve always looked forward to playing with Khristian."

56 minutes ago, hoosierfan34 said:

Sounds like Trey is taking some campus visits to UVa and UNC. Just passing along. 

That means he might make a decision somewhat soon, I hope. I just saw that the NCAA will allow for non-athletic employees to talk with and give tours to visiting athletes. The athletic department can't talk to them while they're on campus so it's not anything close to an official visit but at least he'll be able to see the campuses and have questions about academics answered.

8 hours ago, hoosierfan34 said:

Sounds like Trey is taking some campus visits to UVa and UNC. Just passing along. 

Thanks for the info!

7 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

That means he might make a decision somewhat soon, I hope. I just saw that the NCAA will allow for non-athletic employees to talk with and give tours to visiting athletes. The athletic department can't talk to them while they're on campus so it's not anything close to an official visit but at least he'll be able to see the campuses and have questions about academics answered.

...you answered my question before I asked it.  Very helpful...thanks!

Looks like better than a self-guided tour but far short of the hoopla involved in an official.  Curious though...why let players talk to non-sports personnel, but not the coaching staff?  Are coaches more likely to have cooties?  Honestly, I don't get that.  I get not having kids spend a weekend on campus right now, but I can't say I understand not letting coaching staffs talk to kids while they are there.  Seems like an unnecessary and arbitrary restriction on the surface.

Archived