Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

34 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Looks like my friends up in Frisco may get some snow next week.  Denver will probably be spared??  What say you, Mile?

the mile weather report. While Denver has been sweltering in mid to high 90's for over a month now. Just two days short of setting an all time record for temps in the 90's.  It has been snowing in the mountains this past week.  Denver most likely will set or tie a record for temps in the 90's before labor day.  Could hit 100 today (Sept. 5), and tomorrow.  High temp later this week is expected to hit 43.  With snow in Denver expected.   I LOVE COLORADO !

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, DWB said:

Don't want to rain on your parade Mile, but UNC is #39 on the list. IU @ #15. Whisky is in the bottom 50, and no other B1G school made it. (not that it matters, as the selection criteria was based on "media" reports)

You are just as bad as Miles lol. Penn St and Northwestern are both top 50. And yes I am sure I missed another too lol.

On 9/4/2020 at 4:30 PM, 5fouls said:

This was never going to be a spring decision.  He is not going to allow a recruiting circus effect Silver Creek's season.  The only way this is not settled by the end of November is if the high school season gets delayed or cancelled.  

Where's Deep Throat when you need him..🤔

12 hours ago, dgambill said:

You are just as bad as Miles lol. Penn St and Northwestern are both top 50. And yes I am sure I missed another too lol.

Well....since I'm only a couple of years younger than Mile, I've lost my knack for being perfect !! :D

Wait til you're our age....

(And I've been to PSU's campus. Used to live 30 minutes from it. It ranks right up there with PU's. Very plain jane)

18 minutes ago, DWB said:

Well....since I'm only a couple of years younger than Mile, I've lost my knack for being perfect !! :D

(And I've been to PSU's campus. Used to live 30 minutes from it. It ranks right up there with PU's. Very plain jane)

Oh no doubt...many others on the list are subject at best...me thinks the list is very arbitrary at best. Just because a school is prestigious doesn’t make it beautiful. I think IU is right up there....overall it is pretty in just about any way you want to look. Other schools have some beautiful buildings or landscaping or in beautiful towns or iconic locations so beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think a lot of factors should put IU high on Treys list. That said what matters to you or I doesn’t matter in this decision...only Trey.

On 9/6/2020 at 5:24 AM, DWB said:

Calling the PU campus as plain Jane is not even close.  It's like calling the PU coeds attractive. 

Nothing wrong with the kid wanting to be recruited. I'm optimistic but as I said 3-4 pages ago the longer this one goes on the confidence will shrink. If this thing goes past November I'll be officially concerned/moving along. Once Keion went past that time frame it was easy to see the family just didn't know how to handle i.e. say they were headed elsewhere.

In terms of TK. Everything I read and hear. Outstanding kid, family, cerebral,etc....but since this is an IU message board I'll say IU's chances will be slim if this recruitment goes into December. Just my two cents. 

40 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Nothing wrong with the kid wanting to be recruited. I'm optimistic but as I said 3-4 pages ago the longer this one goes on the confidence will shrink. If this thing goes past November I'll be officially concerned/moving along. Once Keion went past that time frame it was easy to see the family just didn't know how to handle i.e. say they were headed elsewhere.

In terms of TK. Everything I read and hear. Outstanding kid, family, cerebral,etc....but since this is an IU message board I'll say IU's chances will be slim if this recruitment goes into December. Just my two cents. 

Link to Silver Creek's schedule.  First game is Wednesday, November 25th.  Decision will be made before then.

https://silvercreekathletics.com/teams/2892492/boys/basketball/varsity/schedule

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

My prediction is this thread goes past 100 before he decides.

Based on feel only I got 145 in the early pool. Kris Wilkes had a big thread and he went down to Bloomington for a weekend to get peoples hopes up. Little did we know it was the last time he would set foot on campus. Now Wilkes has been released by the Knicks. No clue where he's at now. Somehow that UCLA brand development didn't work out so far. 

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Based on feel only I got 145 in the early pool. Kris Wilkes had a big thread and he went down to Bloomington for a weekend to get peoples hopes up. Little did we know it was the last time he would set foot on campus. Now Wilkes has been released by the Knicks. No clue where he's at now. Somehow that UCLA brand development didn't work out so far. 

Yeah I thought he would be a late August decision...before school started so I didn’t envision 100 pages but it seems a certainty now.

28 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hopefully Wilkes can play somewhere next season. His verbal agreement with the Knicks was voided when he came down with a serious illness, according to then head coach Fizdale.  He got ill,” Fizdale said of Wilkes. “He came down with a serious illness. I don’t know what it was but it was pretty severe.”

I'm starting to get the "Romeo" feeling. Our expectations are so high on TK, that there is no way he will live up to them, just like Romeo was going to take us from rags to riches. Many people were disappointed with him based on some comments posted here and elsewhere. Totally unrealistic expectations IMO.

The kid can play, don't get me wrong, but playing in the B1G is a helluva lot different than playing AAU or HS ball. And against MUCH better competition at all positions. He would no doubt be a great recruit to land, but I hope we don't think he's light years ahead of everybody else. 

I think we'll be more than competitive with the guys already on board, and committed. TK would be some nice icing on the cake. 

28 minutes ago, DWB said:

I'm starting to get the "Romeo" feeling. Our expectations are so high on TK, that there is no way he will live up to them, just like Romeo was going to take us from rags to riches. Many people were disappointed with him based on some comments posted here and elsewhere. Totally unrealistic expectations IMO.

The kid can play, don't get me wrong, but playing in the B1G is a helluva lot different than playing AAU or HS ball. And against MUCH better competition at all positions. He would no doubt be a great recruit to land, but I hope we don't think he's light years ahead of everybody else. 

I think we'll be more than competitive with the guys already on board, and committed. TK would be some nice icing on the cake. 

Won't speak for others. Romeo played his one season with a fractured wrist/hand/fingers. To his credit he played.  TK has earned honors as a Junior only a few have earned. Given the state's history of talent I personally think he's worthy of the attention.  

Archived