Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

You have to remember he left school early. We could have just as many worthless pages had he given us ample time. Since we lost that opportunity we have to make up for it with TK.

The wait is nearly over as long as the high school season starts on time just a few more weeks

Good point!

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

At least Meyer didnt come with , my inside sources say a pick for IU is coming any day now then 3 months later still no pick. He just wrote what we all know in long version. I Don't know.

But Jerry will get his Crystal Ball pick in 5 minutes before the commitment. Keeping his record in tact

20 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Love attacking someone because a recruitment isn't dramatic and doesn't have much in terms of leaks. This thread hasn't exactly been a treasure trove of insider information either.

The point is there is no need to tweet something if you have no information.  Tweet about something else or simply not at all.

38 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Love attacking someone because a recruitment isn't dramatic and doesn't have much in terms of leaks. This thread hasn't exactly been a treasure trove of insider information either.

Actually, it has. There are folks well connected here who have shared their thoughts. IU has been in drivers seat, TK taking his time and due diligence during recruiting process. It’s a big decision. Good for him for not having a top 20 then top 18 then a top 12. 

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The point is there is no need to tweet something if you have no information.  Tweet about something else or simply not at all.

In Jerry’s defense, he does a weekly mailbag where he answers recruiting questions he gets on Twitter and obviously had a good amount of people request his scoop on this. It was also a free article so it wasn’t some clickbait situation. 

I really get the feeling it would be Virginia but I really hope the idea of playing with other kids he knows and feels comfortable with at IU will sell it for him. We really have been on a roll with the best recruits in the state. Exception being ketchup kid but hopefully that momentum continues!

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I really get the feeling it would be Virginia but I really hope the idea of playing with other kids he knows and feels comfortable with at IU will sell it for him. We really have been on a roll with the best recruits in the state. Exception being ketchup kid but hopefully that momentum continues!

If I had a crystal ball pick I would predict him to UVA.  I hope I am wrong but just a feeling I have.  I think we will get Muhammad.  I also think Miller will choose Creighton.  I think Hopkins will pick UK.

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

If I had a crystal ball pick I would predict him to UVA.  I hope I am wrong but just a feeling I have.  I think we will get Muhammad.  I also think Miller will choose Creighton.  I think Hopkins will pick UK.

Yeah the longer it goes on the more I felt this too. Not much IU can do more that he doesn’t already know. Can’t blame him to go to UVA and play for a championship caliber coach and it’s a respected school. Just hoping there were enough connections and positives about IU to keep him and his family happy to go here. Maybe it will be...but now that he visited the other schools not sure what’s left to decide on if they haven’t convinced him to delay and get more info about them. Who knows. Maybe he just wants to see if they have a high school season or he might enroll early. 

Real question for teacher/admin on here...can Trey still be valedictorian (as some have implied he could be) if he graduates early??

I don't get that Virginia vibe at all.  Not saying they aren't a worthy competitor, but I don't see them as an obvious choice. They aren't close and they don't really play an exciting brand of basketball. They are known for winning but while scoring less than 50 points.  Before Scott compiles a list of games where they scored more than 50 points, I know that happens, but I also know what I've seen numerous times...slow, plodding grinder games that are painful to watch. Virginia has had success no doubt, but they've also had more than their share of unwatchable games.

They'll get players because they have a reputation of winning even if it is often ugly.  I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that this is what Trey wants.

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I don't get that Virginia vibe at all.  Not saying they aren't a worthy competitor, but I don't see them as an obvious choice. They aren't close and they don't really play an exciting brand of basketball. They are known for winning but while scoring less than 50 points.  Before Scott compiles a list of games where they scored more than 50 points, I know that happens, but I also know what I've seen numerous times...slow, plodding grinder games that are painful to watch. Virginia has had success no doubt, but they've also had more than their share of unwatchable games.

They'll get players because they have a reputation of winning even if it is often ugly.  I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that this is what Trey wants.

Well if you are looking at pace of play then he will pick UNC.  Kaufman is similar to Hunter who was on Virginia's  championship team and ended up a top 10 pick.

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Well your comment got me to look at their stats from their championship team

71.4 ppg 210th in the country

.525 from 2p% 88th in country

.395 from 3P% 7th in the country

20 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

I wonder if the prospect of fanless basketball affects his decision. It doesn't matter if UVA is a long drive for his mom if she's not allowed in anyway. Granted, he is a year away from taking the court, but could happen.... I wonder if family will be allowed this year?

They are for football, so if they are going to do no fans for basketball they will probably follow the same model and just do family only. 

33 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well if you are looking at pace of play then he will pick UNC.  Kaufman is similar to Hunter who was on Virginia's  championship team and ended up a top 10 pick.

Right. I'm not saying he feels the need to play for the fastest team...just that one of the slowest teams may not be appealing. 

You're also looking at their NC team...not the typical even slower-paced less efficient Virginia team.

Also, one thing IU has not struggled with is sending kids to the NBA.  I don't see an IU decision being at all detrimental to his chances of playing professionally. While you're in the mood to research, I'm curious how many former Virginia players were on active NBA rosters this just-concluded season vs. IU alums.

8 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Right. I'm not saying he feels the need to play for the fastest team...just that one of the slowest teams may not be appealing. 

You're also looking at their NC team...not the typical even slower-paced less efficient Virginia team.

Also, one thing IU has not struggled with is sending kids to the NBA.  I don't see an IU decision being at all detrimental to his chances of playing professionally. While you're in the mood to research, I'm curious how many former Virginia players were on active NBA rosters this just-concluded season vs. IU alums.

I never said I thought those were better situations just predicting where I think he will end up. I sure hope I am wrong with this gut feeling because we really need him to come to IU.  It wil bring another top in state player who probably will be Mr. basketball which shows we are keeping the top layers in state.

Archived