Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

To me it it is between IU and PU I like our chances better than  if it was UVA or UNC.  It is said one of the things is his relationships with his teammates and he seems close to a lot of IU players.  Also at one time it was said that Furst and Kaufman would not play together but that probably was not accurate.  Saying that he and Furst are similar players so Trey might see more playing time at IU at the 4.  Hopefully he remembers how Duncomb dominated Furst in the summer and knows that he and Duncomb works wel together.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I really hope Trey comes here because it shows that Archie is locking down most of the top instate players. I am wondering how similar he is to Geronimo as a player and if Trey goes elsewhere if Geronimo would give us the same kind play.

He has gotten the last 3 Indiana Mr. Basketballs, as well as Rob, Damezi, Galloway, Arman... think he’s already proven that he’s locking up much of the best talent in the state 

34 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I really hope Trey comes here because it shows that Archie is locking down most of the top instate players. I am wondering how similar he is to Geronimo as a player and if Trey goes elsewhere if Geronimo would give us the same kind play.

I'm under the impression that Geronimo is more of a perimeter 3 and Trey is more of an in the paint guy. Wasn't Geronimo a 2 on his high school team?

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Just my two cents....but Archie has already locked it down. Sure a couple mice might get away but what he's done so far is better than anything we've had since Knight. 

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

He has gotten the last 3 Indiana Mr. Basketballs, as well as Rob, Damezi, Galloway, Arman... think he’s already proven that he’s locking up much of the best talent in the state 

Don’t forget Lander as well. Pulled two excellent recruits out of Ohio too with Hunter and Duncomb.

Archived