7 minutes ago, cybergates said:

The answer is already shown in this math problem:

T is the 20th letter in the alphabet

K is the 11th letter in the alphabet

Trey Kaufman is ranked 31st in the 247 rankings

I is the 9th letter in the alphabet

U is the 21 letter in the alphabet

TK-31=IU

Now this is some good stuff. Haha. Watched a documentary on code breakers once. This is up there. 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rankings are rankings(take it with a grain of salt), according to 247 if TK chooses IU we go from 13th to 7th in BIG 10 class '21 rankings.  If we add Aminu along with TK, we move up to #2 just behind Michigan St.  

If TK choose IU we move up to 31st from 70th in the national rankings, if you add Aminu and TK we move up to 7th nationally.  

I guess why I am a little pesstimistic about Kaufman comes from this instagram post from TK

Anyone have an update on TK.....a purdue friend told me he posted something on instagram.stating sometimes your choice wont make everyone happy Never said this was a valid report or anything but just saw this above response. Especially saying it was a Purdue friend you know somehting is not right with this post

I Know this could just be a random qoute and it could bbe about anything.  If it was about recruiting then I think IU fan base would be the most upset a bout him not going to their school.

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess why I am a little pesstimistic about Kaufman comes from this instagram post from TK

Anyone have an update on TK.....a purdue friend told me he posted something on instagram.stating sometimes your choice wont make everyone happy Never said this was a valid report or anything but just saw this above response. Especially saying it was a Purdue friend you know somehting is not right with this post

I Know this could just be a random qoute and it could bbe about anything.  If it was about recruiting then I think IU fan base would be the most upset a bout him not going to their school.

That could mean he won't make Purdue fans happy.  You're interpreting IU, but regardless of teh choice, there will be 4 teams and fan bases that won't be happy.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I’m more worried about him saying in an interview that he felt Purdue might be the best system fit for him. But, I’m hopeful that familiarity with current players, great relationship with the staff, and closeness to home wins out in the end. And let’s be honest, it’s always been said that an IU commit that’s in the running for Mr. Basketball has an easier road to that award by being an IU commit. Not saying if he commits to PU he won’t get it, but that’s been perception for many years. And I know for a fact he’s well aware of how many consecutive Mr. Basketballs IU has gotten recently. I do believe that means something to him. 

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

the ride for the next 9 days will be exciting but I do believe all IU fans will be smiling. 

I sure hope so because it seems like we are only on like 4 players in this class.  I would hope to have 3 in this class and I doubt we get Hopkins.  That leaves TK, Miller and Muhammad so if TK goes elsewhere that would leave us hoping Miller and Muhammad commits.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I sure hope so because it seems like we are only on like 4 players in this class.  I would hope to have 3 in this class and I doubt we get Hopkins.  That leaves TK, Miller and Muhammad so if TK goes elsewhere that would leave us hoping Miller and Muhammad commits.

I would be shocked if at least 2 of those 3 are not Hoosiers

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would have to assume that speaks to Archie's confidence in getting those kids. Might not matter as much with the extra year of eligibility though: we can afford to strike out and still have solid depth for the foreseeable future.

1 minute ago, JaybobHoosier said:

If I remember, everyone thought he was going to Duke and that’s what was being rumored, then committed to IU. Mile would know more than me though. 

Always good to hear from you on Hoosier Sports Nation.  It was more than a rumor. Jeffries told his parents he was going to Duke.... only to announce for IU the next day.   I remember it well.

9 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

I would have to assume that speaks to Archie's confidence in getting those kids. Might not matter as much with the extra year of eligibility though: we can afford to strike out and still have solid depth for the foreseeable future.

I wonder if Al or Brunk will want to come back next year.  This rule will have an effect on the roster for the next 4 years.  I would think Leal and Galloway could be guys who will stay all 5 years.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I wonder if Al or Brunk will want to come back next year.  This rule will have an effect on the roster for the next 4 years.  I would think Leal and Galloway could be guys who will stay all 5 years.

I guess Joey could decide to go for a doctorate.  J/K

27 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Though Trey and his mom drove to UNC on their own dime.  And heard he liked their campus. I am now getting that UNC will not be in the picture.

Having said that. Always apply the Jeffries rule. 

You and that Jeffries rule... cracks me up every time... we should have a monthly drinking game... however many times you mention Jeffries and however many times you mention we are not charging like others then we have to take a shot or a drink of beer/whiskey all together at the end of the month 😂😂😂

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The only way there is an extra year of eligibility is if half of the season is not played... so even if something gets pushed back to January and only conference games are played then no extra eligibility 

1 minute ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

You and that Jeffries rule... cracks me up every time... we should have a monthly drinking game... however many times you mention Jeffries and however many times you mention we are not charging like others then we have to take a shot or a drink of beer/whiskey all together at the end of the month 😂😂😂

I'm sure you are saying with fondness. Mile is one of our great posters and has financially supported the forum when I was down with heart failure. He is proud of what he has helped build here. 🙂 

6 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

The only way there is an extra year of eligibility is if half of the season is not played... so even if something gets pushed back to January and only conference games are played then no extra eligibility 

Not true because every fall sports athletes get an extra year.

Archived