Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Are you sure about this? From my understanding, it’s already been decided.

This is what I found out... when I originally thought what he told me I didn’t realize that was so far back and when IUScott posted the articles those were after when my friend told me that stuff so I admit I was in the wrong and apologize. With that being said this is what I found out. The It’s up to each school” comment is in reference to me asking if a player wants to stay an extra year does the school still pay for there food and travel etc.

B7B7758B-ED0B-4AAA-97B8-359CF48514F5.png

16 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

From a reliable source, who admits he is not aware of the choice.  However.... it has come down to IU or PU. Due to family wanting him to stay close to home.

I feel more confident if it is truly those 2 schools. It does scare me how quiet this recruitment is so I will not count Purdue out. Does Trey have any friends that play on Purdue?

16 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

From a reliable source, who admits he is not aware of the choice.  However.... it has come down to IU or PU. Due to family wanting him to stay close to home.

I guess his mom has second thoughts on her earlier statement of "willing to move to any school destination Trey decided on. "

5 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I guess his mom has second thoughts on her earlier statement of "willing to move to any school destination Trey decided on. "

Apparently, it is not just his mom that is factoring into the equation.  And of course... things can change over night.  But that's where they stand as of right now, according to my source.

13 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

My gut tells me that extended family played just as big a role as his mom.  The grandparents are very active in Trey and his brother's life.

13 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Apparently, it is not just his mom that is factoring into the equation.  And of course... things can change over night.  But that's where they stand as of right now, according to my source.

Trey may be feeling this way a bit, as well. It's 3 hrs. and 40 minutes from Silver Creek to Purdue.

It's 2 hrs. and 38 minutes from Silver Creek to IU.......I like our odds on distance. 😁

3 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Trey may be feeling this way a bit, as well. It's 3 hrs. and 40 minutes from Silver Creek to Purdue.

It's 2 hrs. and 38 minutes from Silver Creek to IU.......I like our odds on distance. 😁

Was not told this. However, having the ability to come home on weekends for home cooked meals has got to  be factored into the equation.  At least that is what I am thinking.

Thanks for being a great Hoosier Sports Nation member.  And stay safe during this pandemic.

Just now, Artesian_86 said:

That great! It's neither here nor there....I'm just going from the google maps.. I live in Jennings County. All I was trying to establish is the obvious, IU is much closer....

The key to getting to Bloomington from Sellersburg is to stay off I-65 and the perpetual construction that has been around Seymour and Columbus for what seems like the last 150 years.  It's much more pleasant going up Highway 60 to Mitchell and then hopping on 37.  

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The key to getting to Bloomington from Sellersburg is to stay off I-65 and the perpetual construction that has been around Seymour and Columbus for what seems like the last 150 years.  It's much more pleasant going up Highway 60 to Mitchell and then hopping on 37.  

I figured by your time advantage, you don't take 65. I live in the extreme southern Jennings County. I often go HWY 50 through Brownstown and then take 446 through Lake Monroe to Bloomington. It usually takes me 1 hr. and 20 mins.

Knowing on his Instagram he said something about already made up his mind and not taking any more calls, and also put “#committed”....I wonder at all, at this point, if it’s a matter of he is already signed with us like TJD was when he announced. I mean I doubt it, but that’d be pretty cool. 

I have went to a few other IU sites to see if they are hearing anything on Kaufman.  On one of them a Purdue guy is trying to claim it is Purdue and he has already told Painter LOL!  Also on another one they are arguing about whether Sam Story knows what he is talking about.  You probably know which site this is because it has turned into a shouting match back forth.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have went to a few other IU sites to see if they are hearing anything on Kaufman.  On one of them a Purdue guy is trying to claim it is Purdue and he has already told Painter LOL!  Also on another one they are arguing about whether Sam Story knows what he is talking about.  You probably know which site this is because it has turned into a shouting match back forth.

Ha yep. I saw that too. There’s another post on that site from a guy who claims to be in the know that said Trey to IU is already a done deal. 

Archived