Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

If he wants to stop getting so much blame, then he'd better start beating Purdue, and that will get a lot more difficult if a player he spent a crazy amount of time recruiting goes there instead of here. 

We could lose to Purdue every game and if we do better overall I am happy.  You seem to obsessed with one team on whether Archie is a good coach.  I see a coach who has the program going in the right direction and see good years ahead.  Is it taking a little longer than we want yes but I have seen a lot of good coaches who started slwoly as well.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

We could lose to Purdue every game and if we do better overall I am happy.  You seem to obsessed with one team on whether Archie is a good coach.  I see a coach who has the program going in the right direction and see good years ahead.  Is it taking a little longer than we want yes but I have seen a lot of good coaches who started slwoly as well.

Well, it's more than just one team. Michigan has owned his a$$ since he came here. Wisconsin was supposed to go away after Bo Ryan retired and they're still spanking us. There have a been a slew of other embarrassing setbacks that outnumber the good in the last three years, and like it or not, that stuff adds up. Recruiting is every coach's lifeline. You miss on players like this when you've spent the past 3 years sucking and choking, and the hill gets even harder to climb. 

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Well, it's more than just one team. Michigan has owned his a$$ since he came here. Wisconsin was supposed to go away after Bo Ryan retired and they're still spanking us. There have a been a slew of other embarrassing setbacks that outnumber the good in the last three years, and like it or not, that stuff adds up. Recruiting is every coach's lifeline. You miss on players like this when you've spent the past 3 years sucking and choking, and the hill gets even harder to climb. 

Well he had won 3 in a row against the best coach in the big ten in Izzo.  Well he had gotten the last 3 Mr. basketball and Lander who would be one of the top candidates this year if he did not reclassify.

29 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The right direction, 10th in the BIG last year is the right direction?

12 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

No kidding, from 6th to 8th to 10th...at this rate, we'll be out of the Big Ten by 2023. 

Feel free to ignore overall wins, team performance and the relative strength of the Big Ten in those years.  Talk about cherry-picking your stats...it's well-known IU would have been in the tournament last season.

Context is important and your negativity does not help the perception of the fanbase at all.

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Feel free to ignore overall wins, team performance and the relative strength of the Big Ten in those years.  Talk about cherry-picking your stats...it's well-known IU would have been in the tournament last season.

Context is important and your negativity does not help the perception of the fanbase at all.

Amen, some fans just don't get it

2 minutes ago, IUProfessor said:

People wonder why someone might pick another school over IU, and then immediately trash Archie over a mere rumor that one recruit might select a different school...😵

If recruits are that easily swayed by what they see on a message board, then I don't care if they go somewhere else. A kid who doesn't like seeing "negative comments" about the program or coach probably isn't going to handle a Big Ten road environment very well. 

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

Heard Purdue insider all in ,Trey to Purdue.

Out of curiosity. Is Purdue insider a close friend? Or is that a site? Just curious and I apologize in advance I hadn't noticed you post much (which doesn't mean anything) but do you trust this source as gold?

44 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Relax....rumors are going to start picking up the closer it gets to the 30th...I knew Zeller was coming to IU but still got nervous when Ole Roy was still sniffing around.

Yeah. Late into the recruitment,Roy flew into Washington.Wound up having breakfast,only to fly back home,empty handed.

I knew Cody was a done deal for IU, the day I was told that his mother accepted a package from IU...filled with IU gear.

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

People have been told it leaked out time to move onto next recruit.

It is fu ny you never post on here but now you come here and act liked some expert.  He might pick PU but you have no more info than anyone else on here.  If he goes to PU that is fine and we will go get another good player.  Why I would want Trey here because he is at least a 3 year player but if he don't want to come here that is alright.

Archived