Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, MaroonRebel said:

USA news has IU and PU ranked the same in Physics. I know people keep saying how great PU is in academics. IU is also a good school for Physics. However, the IllinI kick both there butts. Love reading everyone's posts. Go Hoosiers! 

iu physics.png

+1 For the "philosophical arts", e.g., math, physics, it has always been my impression that IU carries greater international prestige than Purdue. 

I am not sure why there is a kind of sense that Purdue's academics are "uniformly" stronger on this site. PU is an engineering school - IU is not. 

I think part of this impression is our society believes that that engineering is more valuable than theoretical/fundamental fields (e.g., pure math, theoretical physics) or the arts (e.g., music).

Just now, IUskim said:

So Rabby just published an interview with Trey about his upcoming decision. It’s behind a paywall, of course, so I have no idea if any good information was said or if it was all generic answers. 

All generic. Trey is holding this close to the chest. Didn't give anything anyway.

My IQ just went down because I went to see what others are saying about Kaufman.  I found a post about Kaufman and was expecting talk about his decision.  Instead it was arguing whether Archie should still be the coach here.  It was just arguing about the job Archie has done here.

At least on the fornt page that they had an  article about the recruitment and other reader questions he answered.

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think the mood changed but not sure any info really changed. Maybe it did but not from what I am hearing.  Once again nothing from those close to Trey

Mood changed to Purdue, or implying that people are freaking out and nothing really came out to point to Purdue?

3 hours ago, gnet550 said:

Mood changed to Purdue, or implying that people are freaking out and nothing really came out to point to Purdue?

I think he’s saying literally nothing changed with Trey Kauffman. 

For example, If he picks IU people will say “IU held off a late charge from Purdue”, but that’s just perception from fake internet chatter, not Kauffman’s reality. 

21 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

New account here, been following this for a while: 

Florida Insider Rob Cassidy has flipped his prediction from Indiana to Purdue. Could be a wild guess. 

Probably picking up on what the Purdue guy said this weekend. I doubt someone from Florida is that plugged in to a recruitment in Indiana. 

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

He's with Rivals, just like the Purdue insider. 

still probably is not following  this recruitment.  it would be like RabJohns posting something about a Florida recruit.  These guys who cover a cetain team does not have time to follow every recruit in the country and know what is going on.  I would say he saw the Purdue guy stating that he thinks Trey will go to Purdue and just pigg back that.

Archived