Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

JMV asked point blank where TK was going. He danced around it and JMV asked after your interview with TK what do you think. He said in a bunch of words he thinks IU wins out. More of how he reacted and like he thought it through before speaking.  I doesn't answer your question,  sorry

I think Rabby learned after spilling Yogi's decision and pissing off the family.  Without the family's blessing, I don't think you'll ever see him make a 100% call again.  That being said, I don't believe he knows either, but I think his guess is better than some Florida beat writer's.

Nick Baumgart who covers Indiana high school basketball and has a good reputation think Kaufman is going to Purdue. Maybe that rivals guy is getting info from him and thinks it’s good intel.

Fwiw, Nick also didn’t think Kaufman would come to IU because of Duncomb and he thought Harrison Ingram was going to Purdue (which was wrong, obviously).

I also saw duncomb reply tweet out “IU baby” to Rabjohns TK article so seems like he’s optimistic about IU’s chances. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Nick Baumgart who covers Indiana high school basketball and has a good reputation think Kaufman is going to Purdue. Maybe that rivals guy is getting info from him and thinks it’s good intel.

Fwiw, Nick also didn’t think Kaufman would come to IU because of Duncomb and he thought Harrison Ingram was going to Purdue (which was wrong, obviously).

I also saw duncomb reply tweet out “IU baby” to Rabjohns TK article so seems like he’s optimistic about IU’s chances. 

Why wouldn't he go to IU because of Duncomb?  That makes no sense unless they don't like each other.  With Furst, you can at least see him playing some 4.  Duncomb appears to be a true 5.

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Why wouldn't he go to IU because of Duncomb?  That makes no sense unless they don't like each other.  With Furst, you can at least see him playing some 4.  Duncomb appears to be a true 5.

Add to that, that clearly complimented each other and had chemistry during AAU. Pretty clear they can play well together. 

16 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Baumgart also said we were getting Dawson Garcia last year and we all know how that turned out.

12 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I don’t recall his reasoning, long story short I think the style of play Nick felt favored Purdue after Duncomb committed. Also TK has said that he thinks Purdue’s style of play fits him the best so who knows.

Pretty sure CoachSS is friends with him so maybe he knows what Nick is hearing but just pointing out that it’s not solely some random Florida football writer that’s thinking Kaufman to Purdue. 

7 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

I don’t recall his reasoning, long story short I think the style of play Nick felt favored Purdue after Duncomb committed. Also TK has said that he thinks Purdue’s style of play fits him the best so who knows.

Pretty sure CoachSS is friends with him so maybe he knows what Nick is hearing but just pointing out that it’s not solely some random Florida football writer that’s thinking Kaufman to Purdue. 

Yeah, but I think TDH asked Trey in an interview (or someone did) and he said he was friends with Duncomb and they played well together. I think this was right after Duncomb dominated Furst. 

35 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Where’d you see that? I checked nick’s Twitter feed and didn’t see it. Also I know he created quite the buzz several months back with a now deleted tweet about it was a lock or something like that about Trey not coming here. I know that tweet and discussion is somewhere in this thread. 

18 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Where’d you see that? I checked nick’s Twitter feed and didn’t see it. Also I know he created quite the buzz several months back with a now deleted tweet about it was a lock or something like that about Trey not coming here. I know that tweet and discussion is somewhere in this thread. 

https://baumhoops.com/college-resources/2021-hot-board/

15 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Nick has a recruiting hot board on his website that he updated recently. Says he thinks Kaufman to Purdue. I was just pointing out that he’s not some Florida football type guy, he covers Indiana high school basketball so he must feel he has good enough intel to go against the popular vote. 

7B8760F3-6542-48E2-A135-F0ABC0D71654.png

8 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Nick has a recruiting hot board on his website that he updated recently. Says he thinks Kaufman to Purdue. I was just pointing out that he’s not some Florida football type guy, he covers Indiana high school basketball so he must feel he has good enough intel to go against the popular vote. 

7B8760F3-6542-48E2-A135-F0ABC0D71654.png

Ah. Gotcha. I wasn’t sure what he was doing these days after he left rivals. Thanks!

Update from Eric Bossi 3 hours ago about the top 15 uncommitted players and it has Muhammad and Kauffman in this article.

Aminu Mohammed

247Sports Composite rank: 14 Contenders: Indiana, Georgetown, Georgia, Kansas State, Pittsurgh, Wake Forest and others.

Will he sign early: Highly unlikely.

Latest buzz: A physical wing scorer who has done a great job of improving as a jump shooter, Mohammed has been working away out of the national spotlight. His recruitment has been pretty much out of the national spotlight and he seems to like it that way. Mohammed has never clamored for attention, so it isn’t a surprise that his recruitment has been quiet. Indiana, Georgetown and Georgia have been the three most commonly linked with him but any attempt to figure out a leader is a best guess scenario.

Trey Kaufman

247Sports Composite rank: 41

Contenders: Indiana, Indiana State, North Carolina, Purdue and Virginia.

Will he sign early: Likely.

Latest buzz: A skilled forward who has bulked up nicely over the last six months, Kaufman will end all speculation this Friday. Depending on who you talk to in the state of Indiana it is either IU or Purdue that is the team to beat. The only person who knows for sure right now is Kaufman. There haven’t been any credible information leaks in the last few weeks and his decision looks too close to call between the Hoosiers and Boilers.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Update from Eric Bossi 3 hours ago about the top 15 uncommitted players and it has Muhammad and Kauffman in this article.

Aminu Mohammed

247Sports Composite rank: 14 Contenders: Indiana, Georgetown, Georgia, Kansas State, Pittsurgh, Wake Forest and others.

Will he sign early: Highly unlikely.

Latest buzz: A physical wing scorer who has done a great job of improving as a jump shooter, Mohammed has been working away out of the national spotlight. His recruitment has been pretty much out of the national spotlight and he seems to like it that way. Mohammed has never clamored for attention, so it isn’t a surprise that his recruitment has been quiet. Indiana, Georgetown and Georgia have been the three most commonly linked with him but any attempt to figure out a leader is a best guess scenario.

Trey Kaufman

247Sports Composite rank: 41

Contenders: Indiana, Indiana State, North Carolina, Purdue and Virginia.

Will he sign early: Likely.

Latest buzz: A skilled forward who has bulked up nicely over the last six months, Kaufman will end all speculation this Friday. Depending on who you talk to in the state of Indiana it is either IU or Purdue that is the team to beat. The only person who knows for sure right now is Kaufman. There haven’t been any credible information leaks in the last few weeks and his decision looks too close to call between the Hoosiers and Boilers.

My bolded part shows that there has not been any credible leaks in the last few weeks

Archived