Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dgambill said:

I was looking at some articles today and it seems several people think Keion is going to start for them this year. Maybe Cal just realized how good our kids are no matter what the rating.

Recent excerpt below is Cal on a Fort Wayne kid.  Definitely doesn’t give me “starter” impression.

Source:  Rivals / Author:  Jeff Drummond

87DA599D-BE53-449D-8867-01772CBA4C2A.jpeg

1 hour ago, CrimsonV said:

Recent excerpt below is Cal on a Fort Wayne kid.  Definitely doesn’t give me “starter” impression.

Source:  Rivals / Author:  Jeff Drummond

87DA599D-BE53-449D-8867-01772CBA4C2A.jpeg

He won’t be a starter unless people get benched or they suffer some injuries. 

20 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Quick question.  I know some on here are close to this recruitment and I would like some help if possible.  Where did any of this Trey to PU talk come from? I truly believe that Satan will be performing a triple axle before Trey is a Toiletmaker. Everything I hear is 0 chance. 

Don’t know either. Then I didn’t think we were higher up in the Furst commitment then Purdue so who knows.

As long as the devil isn’t taking instructions from Brian Boitano we should be ok.

21 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

How connected is they guy that was saying those things. 

The Evans guy is a national guy. Honestly I don’t know how much stock I would put in him. I would listen more to those on here in the program know then him. That said just to get Furst to HH I think shows we are still pushing hard on him though. The Kaufman Purdue thing...I really doubt it. I’ve heard nothing there. Much more UL chatter.

19 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

I know this is obvious as it gets, but Louisville will be our main competition for a lot of southern Indiana kids, both now and in the future.

I personally think Trey K and Lander are ours to lose. The groundwork has been laid out very nicely...just need some results.

Could not agree more on the 2 of them. 

21 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

I know this is obvious as it gets, but Louisville will be our main competition for a lot of southern Indiana kids, both now and in the future.

I personally think Trey K and Lander are ours to lose. The groundwork has been laid out very nicely...just need some results.

Agreed. Mack has shown to be a thorn in our side at Xavier so I see no reason that would change now that he has a more appealing program in Louisville. UL however has struck out with some of the national guys this past year. I really expect them to push hard on their/our regional players! Just hope we are further along in our rebuild next year to continue our momentum of keeping the best in-state talent at IU.

8 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

What he said was that basically with Lander it’ll be IU or UL, with Kaufman it’ll be IU or PU, and with Furst it’ll be IU or UVA. 

409DB6FF-13D9-4347-8FC2-F08B6BF86D47.jpeg

I think he was more asking how in the know is the Evans guy. I haven't seen anything from him to think that he has insider knowledge of IUs recruits. He is a national guy that kind of just follows the big programs but nothing concrete. To not even mention UK with Kaufman and UL will obviously push hard on him too I think he just went over his cliff notes.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think he was more asking how in the know is the Evans guy. I haven't seen anything from him to think that he has insider knowledge of IUs recruits. He is a national guy that kind of just follows the big programs but nothing concrete. To not even mention UK with Kaufman and UL will obviously push hard on him too I think he just went over his cliff notes.

Kaufman will not go to UK unless things drastically change with IU and UofL.

3 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Kaufman will not go to UK unless things drastically change with IU and UofL.

Probably not..he isn't the immediate impact type they go for...but we said that about the ketchup kid. The fact that they are visiting him is at least keeping tabs on him and if he has interest there it might slow down the recruitment time period for him. I do think he isn't the UK type but we've been through this before...if Cal wants a kid....he usually gets them.

32 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I wouldn’t mention UK either. From what I know they’ve stopped in to see him in one open gym. That’s not exactly an all out recruitment.

38 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You are correct. I have not heard 1 person besides this guy and maybe our resident Boiler fan that PU has a chance. I was just wondering if I was completely missing the boat on this one. IMO he is ours to lose. 

15 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

You are correct. I have not heard 1 person besides this guy and maybe our resident Boiler fan that PU has a chance. I was just wondering if I was completely missing the boat on this one. IMO he is ours to lose. 

Not Kaufman related but Evans has also said that IU has a real chance with Garcia and that he is planning on signing in the fall.

26 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Not Kaufman related but Evans has also said that IU has a real chance with Garcia and that he is planning on signing in the fall.

If that's the case Evan's is not the only one indicating Garcia as a fall committ . I posted last week that I was hearing that but did not know enough to agree or disagree 

Archived