Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

6 minutes ago, loviubb said:

I think the rest of the year is going to tell . If we keep improving we will get who CAM wants. Plus I don't think we can land all who we think we need. I hope it is what a lot of posters hope we land. I am at the point if the Indiana kids don't want to be here let them go! CAM is showing me what CRMK showed if you don't want to work and don't trust my way don't sign on!

I agree...my only worry is Archie has targeted and put a lot of eggs in a few baskets...he hasn’t really landed a 5* outside the state but he has gone for a few now. If we miss them and the Indiana kids where do we go...can’t afford a misstep right now...this program is tettering as it is...he struck out on his big recruits last year another year of that and I’m not sure we will have the talent to take the next step.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I agree...my only worry is Archie has targeted and put a lot of eggs in a few baskets...he hasn’t really landed a 5* outside the state but he has gone for a few now. If we miss them and the Indiana kids where do we go...can’t afford a misstep right now...this program is tettering as it is...he struck out on his big recruits last year another year of that and I’m not sure we will have the talent to take the next step.

I disagree he  got his top targets last year! Galloway and Leal. We also got a hidden gem in Geronimo.We were outside looking in for the rest. Dawson was a great run even to get there and after last years winning record we were lucky to get that close. No these kids knew where they were going but CAM made them think twice if that was still where they wanted to be. If we turn the corner this year we will be fine if not then I will worry next year.

If I'm Kaufman seeing a big game atmosphere like he saw tonight, I'm very interested in jumping on what is being built in Bloomington. Easy for friends and family to get to my games and plenty of national exposure right here in southern Indiana.  Unless he wants to be an engineer, I'm really struggling to see how Purdue competes with that.

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Kaufman standing by Anthony Leal at game.  The two match-up against each other on February 1st when Bloomington South travels to Silver Creek.  On the immediate left of Kaufman is Silver Creek coach Brandon Hoffman.

And one of the assistants next to Hoffman, my old buddy Neil Coffman. Great dudes.

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Kaufman standing by Anthony Leal at game.  The two match-up against each other on February 1st when Bloomington South travels to Silver Creek.  On the immediate left of Kaufman is Silver Creek coach Brandon Hoffman.

I love having not just an in state but in-city future player.  Makes a hell of a bug to place in a player's ear while he's taking in a game. 

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

I love having not just an in state but in-city future player.  Makes a hell of a bug to place in a player's ear while he's taking in a game. 

Is that Mrs. Leal on Anthony's right side checking Instagram likes on her latest meatloaf picture post?😉  Love having a player and family like that in town. For kids that can't get home for the holidays, or just need a family atmosphere in the summer, what an asset. 

5 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Is that Mrs. Leal on Anthony's right side checking Instagram likes on her latest meatloaf picture post?😉 

You are correct. I had a chance to meet her at the HH event at the Bluebird in Nov. Nice gal. Very humble.

1 hour ago, DWB said:

You are correct. I had a chance to meet her at the HH event at the Bluebird in Nov. Nice gal. Very humble.

Mrs. Leal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mr. Smith>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ms. Eastern

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Front row seat showing how he'll be used and the Hall was rocking. Can't offer more than that for game day experience. Hopefully Trey is seeing what we're all seeing.

Yes. Hope he sees that he would instantly step into the Justin Smith role on this team...and with his shooting ability...that would be a special thing.

12 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I assume you bring your coach to ask how they see you transitioning into this system. 

Archived