Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

On 3/10/2020 at 3:28 PM, dgambill said:

What I wouldn't give for Trayce to stick around a couple more years. A front line of Trayce, Race, and Trey....that could win you a lot of ball games with the guards/wings we have rolling in.

Don’t stop at Trayce, been saying this about Noah leaving after Frosh season to ride the G League Bench & same can be said about Cody!  Both left before their body & game were ready for the NBA and can only imagine if we had both for that one yr?  History says, TJD will make the same decision as Cody Zeller and leave after 2 seasons but just imagine IF he would stay one more yr and let his body develop into a MAN!  $$$$ says otherwise.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

Don’t stop at Trayce, been saying this about Noah leaving after Frosh season to ride the G League Bench & same can be said about Cody!  Both left before their body & game were ready for the NBA and can only imagine if we had both for that one yr?  History says, TJD will make the same decision as Cody Zeller and leave after 2 seasons but just imagine IF he would stay one more yr and let his body develop into a MAN!  $$$$ says otherwise.

OG was another one that I felt left too early.

Man what could've been....😢

9 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

If you're drafted top 20... and top 10 particularly, you go every time. You develop more in the NBA than you do not in the NBA. 

28 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If you're drafted top 20... and top 10 particularly, you go every time. You develop more in the NBA than you do not in the NBA. 

Oh if you have first rd assurances no doubt you go. Even 2nd rd players right now are making rosters I believe I read at 60% clip...and even higher for a g-league roster. I don't want to see any kid give up his dream just to satisfy my dream of a 6th banner lol. Just if it worked out that he wanted to go the Andrew Luck/Peyton Manning route and enjoyed his college success and wanted to see things through...I would love for his dream and my dream to line up lol.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Oh if you have first rd assurances no doubt you go. Even 2nd rd players right now are making rosters I believe I read at 60% clip...and even higher for a g-league roster. I don't want to see any kid give up his dream just to satisfy my dream of a 6th banner lol. Just if it worked out that he wanted to go the Andrew Luck/Peyton Manning route and enjoyed his college success and wanted to see things through...I would love for his dream and my dream to line up lol.

correct

15 hours ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Thomas Bryant for another year as well..having a solid NBA career. 

Just checked his stats online. Happy for him! 

He has talents (especially long range shooting) and undeniable passion, so with good opportunity and system to develop him, he could be a good player in the NBA. Looks like he's got a chance to become a 20 pts-10 rbs player in the next few years. 

On 3/13/2020 at 1:44 PM, addictedtoIU said:

Just checked his stats online. Happy for him! 

He has talents (especially long range shooting) and undeniable passion, so with good opportunity and system to develop him, he could be a good player in the NBA. Looks like he's got a chance to become a 20 pts-10 rbs player in the next few years. 

It’s not really “could”, he is a good NBA player right now. He’s an athletic 6’10” guy that shoots 64% from the field and 40% from 3. I understand your point though, we don’t yet know how good he’ll eventually be. His numbers this year would have been even better if not for a mid season injury. I’d love to see what he could do on a good team. 

Until/Unless the state tournament is officially cancelled, instead of just postponed, I have to think Trey's focus will still be on trying to help Silver Creek win another state championship.

And, for the record, the school district Silver Creek is in is on a SCHEDULED two week Spring Break.  So, while everyone expects the time away from school to be extended, the school district has not yet officially announced it.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2020 at 8:35 AM, dgambill said:

I disagree as if your good enough now, you will be good enough later if not better!  There is no injury in today’s World that will end a career.  Look, I get it if you will be drafted in 1st rd and ready to be a starter on an NBA squad but to leave early only to be put on a developmental program for 1-2 yrs I just don’t understand.  Especially, when a return to College for another yr could mean great success for your team, like final four success or better???  Just DUMB!!!  Still today, have yet to hear Noah V, Romeo or heck, Cody the GREAT ZELLER names while watching sports center?Love all them for choosing IU but ALL 3 are no diff than Lindsay LouHu who had thoughts of sugar plums dance in their tiny heads.  Rant over

On 3/13/2020 at 8:04 AM, btownqb said:

I disagree as I’m a firm believer that unless your a lottery pick please stay in school.  If your not projected to start for an NBA team, stay in school until you become a starter at the next level!  I will tell you why these kids jump before they are ready and that is they are scared that another yr of film will expose their weaknesses!  Most teams draft on Potential & the more you see the more you can predict and get a better picture.  NOAH V is a perfect example, great college potential but limited NBA potential.  What hurts the most is Cody bolting when everyone knew his body and game needed more time.  

10 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

I disagree as I’m a firm believer that unless your a lottery pick please stay in school.  If your not projected to start for an NBA team, stay in school until you become a starter at the next level!  I will tell you why these kids jump before they are ready and that is they are scared that another yr of film will expose their weaknesses!  Most teams draft on Potential & the more you see the more you can predict and get a better picture.  NOAH V is a perfect example, great college potential but limited NBA potential.  What hurts the most is Cody bolting when everyone knew his body and game needed more time.  

There's no benefit from a basketball side of things. 

Vonleh has earned 15 million. Cody has earned 73 million. 

Telling Romeo to come back is absolutely absurd lol you're honestly looking you got a 2nd year out of Cody. 

9 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

I disagree as if your good enough now, you will be good enough later if not better!  There is no injury in today’s World that will end a career.  Look, I get it if you will be drafted in 1st rd and ready to be a starter on an NBA squad but to leave early only to be put on a developmental program for 1-2 yrs I just don’t understand.  Especially, when a return to College for another yr could mean great success for your team, like final four success or better???  Just DUMB!!!  Still today, have yet to hear Noah V, Romeo or heck, Cody the GREAT ZELLER names while watching sports center?Love all them for choosing IU but ALL 3 are no diff than Lindsay LouHu who had thoughts of sugar plums dance in their tiny heads.  Rant over

Yawn, such a tired take....Who cares about Sportscenter or even watches it anymore?  By the way, Cody starts at center averaging 12 and 8.

19 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

You may not have heard of them but their bank accounts aren’t crying. You go because you can make money. The development in the NBA is significantly better than what they get in college. Today players can hire an agent and test the waters and get assurances. Now more then ever if you get the green light you go. The longer you spend in college the less time you have to make money in the nba...your only delaying your first and most importantly your second paycheck. NBA is all about potential...honestly the more scouts see you play more often then not they see less and less potential. Most of the time it’s the potential that get these kids drafted and if they wait then the warts look bigger and the potential starts become reality (bad or good). There will be of course cases of late bloomers but most draft picks aren’t seniors...they are underclassman. Not sure waiting 4 years is helping anyone other than the occasional late riser. Of course if their goal is to win a championship then stay. Some kids enjoy college and have no pressure to go early. They come from financially stable families ie Peyton Manning/Andrew Luck but most kids goal is to get to the nba...not be college champion.

10 hours ago, CrimsonV said:

Yawn, such a tired take....Who cares about Sportscenter or even watches it anymore?  By the way, Cody starts at center averaging 12 and 8.

Cody is very under-rated. I tell you he came into the nba 10-15 years earlier he would be a focal point of an offense. Different era nowadays that under utilize bigs.

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Cody is very under-rated. I tell you he came into the nba 10-15 years earlier he would be a focal point of an offense. Different era nowadays that under utilize bigs.

He just needs to be with a better team and organization. Hornets have been a mess for years. 

Archived