Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Sign in to follow this  
KDB

Trey Kaufman

On 5/19/2020 at 11:34 AM, btownqb said:

I saw this was posted online by Indiana Elite two hours ago. My source sent it to me last night at 945 last night. 

20200519_113246.jpg

I swore off verticals after the IU marketing ploy with Justin and others a couple years ago...but this is a good thing. Of all the really great things he does well I’d say explosive athleticism was not up there high on his positives. Great to see him working hard at it and a sign of good things to come hopefully!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I swore off verticals after the IU marketing ploy with Justin and others a couple years ago...but this is a good thing. Of all the really great things he does well I’d say explosive athleticism was not up there high on his positives. Great to see him working hard at it and a sign of good things to come hopefully!!

Its not the end all be all, but Justin's vertical/overall jumping ability is a big part of his game. I understand he has developed much of an offensive game, but hopefully we can cover that up this year. Smith rebounds and plays very good defense, I think the others will cover up his lack of offense this year and Smith can just be more of a put back/finisher on a fast break guy. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Its not the end all be all, but Justin's vertical/overall jumping ability is a big part of his game. I understand he has developed much of an offensive game, but hopefully we can cover that up this year. Smith rebounds and plays very good defense, I think the others will cover up his lack of offense this year and Smith can just be more of a put back/finisher on a fast break guy. 

Yeah I didn’t mean to hate on Justin...he is a good kid and he works hard. The hype around him didn’t ever live up...at least this far. That said his defense and ability to switch 1-4 really makes our defense go!

On 5/19/2020 at 10:34 AM, btownqb said:

I saw this was posted online by Indiana Elite two hours ago. My source sent it to me last night at 945 last night. 

20200519_113246.jpg

This only matters if he commits to IU.  If he goes somewhere else, I hope it is photoshopped. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Reacher said:

This only matters if he commits to IU.  If he goes somewhere else, I hope it is photoshopped. 

May not matter even at IU so much given how differently verticals are measured. It can be over blown sometimes. For instance give me a kid with a great second bounce over one that has to reload every time or has a large vertical but is slow to leap. Not to take away from Trey because I think the Evidence is this kid is working very hard to improve his game. Not just his jump shot but to improve his overall game and areas that may not be a strength.

9 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Pegram put in a crystal ball pick for us.  Seems like an odd time to do it if he’s thinking it’s just the safe pick.  

Well he’s not very confident in that pick. Apparently they rank the confidence in the pick and he put a 3 out of 10 I’m guessing. 

Just now, IUskim said:

Well he’s not very confident in that pick. Apparently they rank the confidence in the pick and he put a 3 out of 10 I’m guessing. 

Oh. Is that new?   WTH?

9 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Pegram put in a crystal ball pick for us.  Seems like an odd time to do it if he’s thinking it’s just the safe pick.  

I can say this. Throughout the pandemic.... IU has been very diligent in maintaining contact with Trey.

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Oh. Is that new?   WTH?

Yeah I think it started in like April? I don’t remember exactly started but all of a sudden there numbers appearing with the crystal ball picks. 

1 hour ago, IUskim said:

I saw that too and I’m so confused by that and I can’t find anywhere on their site to explain it lol. So I guess he’s less confident in it than all of the other predictors since they gave 6’s

16 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Nice!  Mike is normally extremely cautious with such things.  He must have a good feeling or good info.  

20 minutes ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

Just checked the crystal ball and it only shows 2 picks. WTH

Weird wonder if Dain Ervin is no longer and expert on their site. He was one of the picks. 

7 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I can say this. Throughout the pandemic.... IU has been very diligent in maintaining contact with Trey.

It is an every day thing.  There is no doubt in Trey's mind that IU has highly prioritized him.  Ostrom has been really solid in these situations so far.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

It is an every day thing.  There is no doubt in Trey's mind that IU has highly prioritized him.  Ostrom has been really solid in these situations so far.

Agreed. Ostrom has been the lead person on this recruitment

Love all you do for us TDH.  Please stay safe

49 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Nice!  Mike is normally extremely cautious with such things.  He must have a good feeling or good info.  

That’s why I’m so lost as to why he’s saying he has a “low” confidence level of Kaufman to IU. Maybe it’s not to ruin the kids moment and spill the beans or maybe he thinks if Kentucky offers things become interesting but peegs has literally only logged like 12 predictions over the years so it seems pretty significant if he’s offering up his two cents. 

1 hour ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

Just checked the crystal ball and it only shows 2 picks. WTH

I see that, too. Yesterday it showed all 4. On his main page it still shows 4 predictions. It is odd indeed. Could be an error in there part that isn't showing all 4 for some reason.

10 hours ago, Max said:

Justin leaving, Peegs CB. Maybe we sealed it

Kaufman isn’t joining the 2020 class so that wouldn’t matter. He is a 2021 kid.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Ostrom is absolutely a stud recruiter.... we HAVE to make him highest paid assistant in the big ten.

12 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Ostrom is absolutely a stud recruiter.... we HAVE to make him highest paid assistant in the big thi

This is a great staff right now, ALL of then.  Winning is around the corner.

1 hour ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

This is a great staff right now, ALL of then.  Winning is around the corner.

The problem with success is offers come to run your own program... the key to a successful program is making sure you bring in killer recruiters because they are the difference between success and failure. I also think that it seems like Ostrom is the lead recruiter and never Archie. I think Archie needs to be more hands on in the future. I mean maybe he already is and it’s just not talked about enough 

4 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

The problem with success is offers come to run your own program... the key to a successful program is making sure you bring in killer recruiters because they are the difference between success and failure. I also think that it seems like Ostrom is the lead recruiter and never Archie. I think Archie needs to be more hands on in the future. I mean maybe he already is and it’s just not talked about enough 

Flint has been credited with a bunch of recruits and now we are seeing Roberts influence and connections.  Everyone needs a contact and it seems Miller is heavily involved as well from recruit interviews, signees, parents, and other interviews.  Miller is a tireless recruiter.  Osterum is very, very good at that as well and well connected.