Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

KDB

Trey Kaufman

6 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

image.thumb.jpeg.8d35f769dfabd0fd37c572b643eb8f32.jpeg

It's a photo of my interior.  I see this everyday on my way to/from work.  I am personally picking up TK later this week so he can sign his letter of intent, then we are heading to beautiful Lake Monroe to celebrate. :nansplit:

Serious note, my assumption is we are in the drivers seat and it should be anytime.  Again just an assumption here. 

Edited by dwtaylor1055

1 hour ago, Coach Robby said:

Yes. It is indeed a pic of a driver’s seat. Sorry for the confusion! 😂 

I think what you are also trying to say is that Trey is like a Mazda- a highly underrated specimen with tremendous features and goes “zoom zoom” on the court! 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

So, obviously it was bad intel w/ the early signing. However, this is another one that I would be shocked if we didn't land.

Give me a class of Duncomb, Kaufman, and Wesley. Miller I could see popping also.

I still don't have a clue what Aminu's deal is.  Would I take him, yes. But...I've never liked guardians paving the way for a player. He's a great player and seems like a great kid, but give me Wesley 9 times out of 10. 

No worries on the bad intel, always appreciate when people bring info they are getting to this board! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoadToZion said:

So, obviously it was bad intel w/ the early signing. However, this is another one that I would be shocked if we didn't land.

Give me a class of Duncomb, Kaufman, and Wesley. Miller I could see popping also.

I still don't have a clue what Aminu's deal is.  Would I take him, yes. But...I've never liked guardians paving the way for a player. He's a great player and seems like a great kid, but give me Wesley 9 times out of 10. 

Your bad Intel was the same that I was hearing and over the years I know the when you speak I listen. I think we do land TK and I am very excited about that

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RoadToZion said:

Agreed with your accessment. I’d take your list in a heart beat. I would be more excited to hear about another true center on our radar but maybe Archie is ok playing small if he has shooters/scorers as opposed to what we’ve had past couple years. 

As for time frame goes...whose appointment book/calendar has looked the same during this whole pandemic?! I mean everything has been delayed or thrown up in the air due to all this. Heck I don’t even know if my dinner reservation is still on this evening much less a kid being able to make a decision on school when he can’t even take the visits he thought he would.

11 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Duncomb, Kaufman and Wesley would be a big time success in my eyes. If Miller joins, more icing on the cake. 

I still think we really need both Kaufman and Miller or one of them and a grad transfer like Brunk.  I'll be stunned if Trayce is here 3 years.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I still think we really need both Kaufman and Miller or one of them and a grad transfer like Brunk.  I'll be stunned if Trayce is here 3 years.

Hmm idk.  Depends how good the gt is.. 

What if he is MB 6th man of the year good? To go along with TK, LD, JH (spot mins), and RT. 

I dont think it's perfect, but I think it's workable. 

TK might get to campus at 6'9 230 and LD 6'10 240 with both playing major aau and major HS basketball.  🤷‍♂️

26 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

We should be pretty attractive to a good front court player next year. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, RoadToZion said:

Are you hearing good things on the Wesley recruitment right now?

5 hours ago, Whozure2122 said:

Are you hearing good things on the Wesley recruitment right now?

I’m not hearing anything about him now. Recruiting is so.....different right now. Hard to give a percentage but I’d feel confident saying a 50/50 chance isn’t out of the question. Like I said before, I’ve seen him play live numerous times and he is a stud. I really hope we can take him away from the Irish. But, Brey knows what he’s doing. Wesley would kill it at ND also. We shall see. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Hey Trey.... I know a simple solution to relieve your stress.

Just call 1-800-go IU!!!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

The longer this plays out and how he talks...it feels like he is just looking for a reason not to pick IU

Think of it this way.  Basketball is the most important factor in his decision, but it is not the only factor.  And, I personally think some of those other factors are advantageous to IU.  This is not a Keion Brooks situation where basketball was the sole factor in the kid's choice of colleges.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Think of it this way.  Basketball is the most important factor in his decision, but it is not the only factor.  And, I personally think some of those other factors are advantageous to IU.  This is not a Keion Brooks situation where basketball was the sole factor in the kid's choice of colleges.  

I hear you. The academics side IU has it....he’s probably just doing his due diligence...