Seven days until kickoff !!

22 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I would too but it’s not like they’re night and day different. Playing teams like Iowa and Wisconsin is brutal in the trenches too. 

But they are night and day different... no one compares to OSU in the Big Ten. Then the 2nd and 3rd best teams are in our division... and then a team tied for fourth (MSU, UW, and Iowa) they're all equal in my eyes. 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

But they are night and day different... no one compares to OSU in the Big Ten. Then the 2nd and 3rd best teams are in our division... and then a team tied for fourth (MSU, UW, and Iowa) they're all equal in my eyes. 

If you’re talking historically, I’d agree. The last decade, you could make the argument that Wisconsin is number 2 behind OSU. 

And Purdue (relative to the rest of the conference) has been the most successful against OSU since the turn of the century. 5-8 over that time period. 

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

If you’re talking historically, I’d agree. The last decade, you could make the argument that Wisconsin is number 2 behind OSU. 

And Purdue (relative to the rest of the conference) has been the most successful against OSU since the turn of the century. 5-8 over that time period. 

Congrats on your losing record against them. 

Also... it's not the fact that how good each individual team is... it's the fact we have to play all 4 every year. Would UW success had happened if they played in the East? I highly doubt it, still very good though... they're 2-3 in BTC games (one win was against Neb). 

19 minutes ago, btownqb said:

By the way... the first game of the year being a noon kickoff is BS. That's labor day weekend, so I have a JV game that Saturday smh. 

Agree all day. Labor Day Weekend. Last chance for many to get away one last chance before the long stretch leading up to Thanksgiving. I don't see this being well attended. Wish we could have had this on Thursday night. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Agree all day. Labor Day Weekend. Last chance for many to get away one last chance before the long stretch leading up to Thanksgiving. I don't see this being well attended. Wish we could have had this on Thursday night. 

I wanted it at 7pm or 8pm Saturday night. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I wanted it at 7pm or 8pm Saturday night. 

Even that would be better. I wanted on Thursday so people will start their long holiday weekend with a trip/night in Indy and still allow them to do their normal plans for the weekend. First thing on a Saturday morning just isn't ideal. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Even that would be better. I wanted on Thursday so people will start their long holiday weekend with a trip/night in Indy and still allow them to do their normal plans for the weekend. First thing on a Saturday morning just isn't ideal. 

I get what you're saying.. I just can't ever go out of town being a football coach. I would think they're a fair amount of people that are in my boat, whether they're a coach or parent of a football player, CC runner, Tennis player, or soccer player that have activities on Saturday morning that weekend, but would love to attend a game at 7pm or 8pm in indy. Sigh. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I get what you're saying.. I just can't ever go out of town being a football coach. I would think they're a fair amount of people that are in my boat, whether they're a coach or parent of a football player, CC runner, Tennis player, or soccer player that have activities on Saturday morning that weekend, but would love to attend a game at 7pm or 8pm in indy. Sigh. 

Get it all day. Wait until people realize we host Michigan when campus is empty later in the season. 

13 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

http://www.journalgazette.net/sports/colleges/iu/20190620/new-facility-class-creating-excitement-for-indiana-football

Not sure where to put this but some great comments about CTA and the program 

Thanks for sharing. For those of us who have gone down to Bloomington for decades nothing would make me happier to see this program get over the hump. Everything is there to succeed. Now it's time to make that proverbial one or two plays per game to get us from 5 wins to 7 win program. 

I see this team winning 4 we expect them to win, losing 4 we expect them to lose, losing one we expect to win, winning one we expect to lose.  That’s 5-5, then the question is where will those other 2 fall?  Last few years the team has made close games or started strong against tough teams.  This hopefully is the year they pull one out and get to at least 6-6.  I think getting that bowl game will be huge and much needed.

On 6/26/2019 at 12:39 AM, iuthruandthru said:

I see this team winning 4 we expect them to win, losing 4 we expect them to lose, losing one we expect to win, winning one we expect to lose.  That’s 5-5, then the question is where will those other 2 fall?  Last few years the team has made close games or started strong against tough teams.  This hopefully is the year they pull one out and get to at least 6-6.  I think getting that bowl game will be huge and much needed.

I've aimed higher camping in an underground cave sleeping face down. 

9 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

IU football has their first game next month!!!

I am so ready to watch them play! Because of their schedule. I am more the apprehensive about what the record may look like, but if they can get 6 wins against this schedule! What an accomplishment that would be !

On 7/7/2019 at 7:18 AM, Bob said:

I am so ready to watch them play! Because of their schedule. I am more the apprehensive about what the record may look like, but if they can get 6 wins against this schedule! What an accomplishment that would be !

That is all I want...6 wins and I am a happy camper.

Archived