Seven days until kickoff !!

2 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

I tried to change title from 77 to 44 days until kickoff ! At any rate , If The Hoosiers stay healthy , I think they will win at least 6 games !!!

I love the title change!!!

I'm with you on the wins.  I have a really good feeling about this season.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/17/2019 at 10:34 PM, Leathernecks said:

I love the title change!!!

I'm with you on the wins.  I have a really good feeling about this season.

Likewise of course, and with me,dividends from changes to and within his staff's inner workings might be reason #1 to feel very positive.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Bob said:

So is the media allowed to watch practices? 

I'm not sure exactly how that works.  I think each school can pick if it is open or not.  I want to say sometime in the past, maybe before last year, there was a mix.  Some were open and some were closed.  I haven't seen anything for this year.

Quotes after day 7 of practice

I love hearing good things about Sanguinetti.  He was once a top 20 overall recruit.  His senior year he missed a few games, was dealing with a shoulder injury during the summer before his senior year and missed all the camps, and their team destroyed teams and had a running clock in 10 straight games (article with that info).  It seems like a big reason why his ranking dropped was because of all that, so he could still be like a top 200 player.  I was wondering what he'd be like, so I love hearing Wommack talk about him standing out.

I like him saying Sio is looking good too.  He will definitely be a guy who plays above his ranking.  He's crazy strong, and could get some time this year.  Really complimentary of the entire young DL.  I think they're really going to set the stage for a really solid line for years to come.

On 8/9/2019 at 10:46 PM, Leathernecks said:

Quotes after day 7 of practice

I love hearing good things about Sanguinetti.  He was once a top 20 overall recruit.  His senior year he missed a few games, was dealing with a shoulder injury during the summer before his senior year and missed all the camps, and their team destroyed teams and had a running clock in 10 straight games (article with that info).  It seems like a big reason why his ranking dropped was because of all that, so he could still be like a top 200 player.  I was wondering what he'd be like, so I love hearing Wommack talk about him standing out.

I’m looking forward to seeing Sanguinetti in action. Rankings are one thing but the coaches that offered him......holy s$&t!!!..Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Southern Cal,  Michigan, Penn State, LSU, Auburn, Ohio State, Miami, Oklahoma, etc, etc.  Not a “typical” IU recruit.

1 minute ago, IU878176 said:

I’m looking forward to seeing Sanguinetti in action. Rankings are one thing but the coaches that offered him......holy s$&t!!!..Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Southern Cal,  Michigan, Penn State, LSU, Auburn, Ohio State, Miami, Oklahoma, etc, etc.  Not a “typical” IU recruit.

I'm not sure if any of those offers were still committable after his ranking dropped, but he got all the way up to the #20 overall prospect in the country at one point.  There were some plausible reasons for his drop in rankings, so he wasn't just a guy who got a high ranking early on and then tanked on the field.  All those coaches must have seen something when he got offered, so there's definitely some talent there.  Hopefully he has a chip on his shoulder after not making it to any of those big schools he was offered by early on.  With Fitzgerald, Burgess, and Matthews, I hope we'll be able to redshirt Sanguinetti to keep him here another year.  I really think our CB and safety talent could be dominant for the next few years.

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

I'm not sure if any of those offers were still committable after his ranking dropped, but he got all the way up to the #20 overall prospect in the country at one point.  There were some plausible reasons for his drop in rankings, so he wasn't just a guy who got a high ranking early on and then tanked on the field.  All those coaches must have seen something when he got offered, so there's definitely some talent there.  Hopefully he has a chip on his shoulder after not making it to any of those big schools he was offered by early on.  With Fitzgerald, Burgess, and Matthews, I hope we'll be able to redshirt Sanguinetti to keep him here another year.  I really think our CB and safety talent could be dominant for the next few years.

I've said this on another site. I can't ever remember us having this many playmakers at S. 

9 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Think it’ll be better than last year? Crawford is a pretty big loss. 

Oh absolutely better. Fitzgerald, Matthews, and Burgess all will be in their 2nd year of playing and are all big time players. 

And Khalil Bryant doesn't have the physical capabilities of the other three but he is a senior and has a solid amount of experience. Also Josh Sanguinetti who I expect to RS. 

Archived