Are big heads in our rear view mirror?

eddy4iu

If they’re gone, I won’t really miss them.  But I never understood the hate for them.  It was fun for the students sitting behind the basket, and I know I always enjoyed getting my hands on one.  Seems like a pretty dumb thing to complain about.

And for the traditionalists, it also seems like an IU legend liked them...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/lookit/2016/12/1/13805496/nba-ncaa-photo-happy-isiah-thomas-crying-michael-jordan-sign

The "big heads" will return to the IU crowd once Miller has IU consistently at the top of the B1G, except they'll be the natural variety. I could care less about the cardboard cutouts, but they did give the IU crowd somewhat of an identity, better yet multiple identities ;)  

There are more more important things to get worked up about these days....so I don't really care. 

I will say that as a rule of thumb that I don't like copying other schools 'traditions'/gimmicks. I don't know why, but I get a little annoyed when other school's student sections jump up and down or extend their arms at opposing players making an inbounds pass like they are at Cameron indoor.  Get your own 'thing', you don't need to copy a bunch of dorks. 

Archived