First AP Top 25 Released

22 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

http://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll

4 Big 10 teams ranked: #2 MSU, #15 Minnesota, #19 Northwestern, #20 Purdue

4 ranked teams in our non-conference schedule: #1 Duke, #14 ND, #16 Louisville, #23 Seton Hall

Don’t see much to argue about with these rankings, although I think Duke is going to fail to live up to the pre-season hype again.

The Louisville situation will be interesting to watch, too.

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Our team is going to be battle tested going into the "regular" portion of our B1G schedule. That is going to pay dividends.

Just have to make sure we don’t dig ourselves into an 0-2 hole... Gotta split those December conference games at least.

25 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Just have to make sure we don’t dig ourselves into an 0-2 hole... Gotta split those December conference games at least.

I agree 100%.  It might not be the sexiest game on the schedule, but I believe that home game against Iowa is the most important game from Nov/Dec.  We have to hold home court.  If we can get the game at UM, I would be thrilled. 

9 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I agree 100%.  It might not be the sexiest game on the schedule, but I believe that home game against Iowa is the most important game from Nov/Dec.  We have to hold home court.  If we can get the game at UM, I would be thrilled. 

Big Ten definitely did not do us any favors with our scheduling.  It will be an accomplishment to win two of our first four.

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i guess it kind of makes sense that most pick us 8th or 9th in the conference and there are 4 teams in the top 25 and 3 others receiving votes.  

The same people picking us 8th or 9th are the same people voting in the AP poll.  What will be interesting is how long it will take before they realize how badly they whiffed on where they predicted the Hoosiers.

Archived