Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Sign in to follow this  
Drroogh

Are you a Big Picture or Detail

Just reading how different posters REASON their arguments about the state of IU Basketball and Recruiting, I had to almost laughingly remember a conversation I had with my boss at the time. (Side note my current boss and I are in sink and oh how wonderful that is) Back on topic😁, my former boss said 'she figured out what was different about us, 'She starts from the detail and works toward the big picture and I(me) start with the big picture and work to the detail!' I smiled and said "as long as we agree when we get to the middle we're good" she smiled too!

Just remembered both of the bosses mentioned are Auburn grads!

Edited by Drroogh

I start with the details and stay with the details.  There is not an ounce of Big Picture in my body.  

• Like 1

Just now, 5fouls said:

I start with the details and stay with the details.  There is not an ounce of Big Picture in my body.  

So when there is a tree in front of you do you finally stop studying the bark and turn around and go home?:cheers:

Neither and both.

I see the world in processes. Not just what the big picture is, not just what the details are, but how things connect and interact.

37 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Neither and both.

I see the world in processes. Not just what the big picture is, not just what the details are, but how things connect and interact.

That is what I would classically call open minded! Very much on the side of  Big Picture, and very much to be emulated! 

Edited by Drroogh

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

That is what I would classically call open minded! Very much on the side of  Big Picture, and very much to be emulated! 

Actually, it's about understanding how all the small details make the big picture.

18 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Actually, it's about understanding how all the small details make the big picture.

Agree completely, but it still comes down to which direction do you come from to get there!! For me I like to explore multiple big picture scenarios and work them down to failures or possibilities, then I feel comfortable that I'm in the realm of a reasonable answer.

I would assume that working from the opposite end would also come up with reasonable answers. But what if your original premise is wrong?

Edited by Drroogh

3 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Agree completely, but it still comes down to which direction do you come from to get there!! For me I like to explore multiple big picture scenarios and work them down to failures or possibilities, then I feel comfortable that I'm in the realm of a reasonable answer.

Depends on the situation. Starting from scratch, I can take the big picture and divide it up into necessary steps, sub-compnents, etc. Troubleshooting an existing problem, I can take all the details needed to fix that particular process, while keeping ultimate functionality within the big picture in mind.

I never claimed to be normal...lol.

2 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I never claimed to be normal...lol.

I am definitely not normal, so I guess that makes us Hoosier brethren!

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Can't see the forest for the trees. Tsk-tsk.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drroogh said:

So when there is a tree in front of you do you finally stop studying the bark and turn around and go home?:cheers:

No, I look for mushrooms.

7 minutes ago, rico said:

No, I look for mushrooms.

So you look for shrooms and Fouls looks for his sixth wife, and the tree still stands! 😄

Me, I wish GOD never invented TICKS!

Edited by Drroogh

19 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

So you look for shrooms and Fouls looks for his sixth wife, and the tree still stands! 😄

Me, I wish GOD never invented TICKS!

Balancing Act: T is forâ¦the Tick!

• Like 1