Indianapolis 500

10 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Not sure why that posted sideways. 

Maybe you need to adjust your camber 😉

I hope you and all of the HSN members in attendance at the Greatest Spectacle in Racing today have a great day and see an awesome race... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Well, it was a Ganassi car, just the one that nobody talked about all month. 

Dixon has almost replaced the Andretti curse. Class of the field and one little mistake cost him another one. We watched from turn 1 and 2 in the infield. 

Turn 1 inside used to be open to fans.....but for longest time it was closed. Found out Penske ordered McClaren to move their hospitality suite and told NBC to park their stuff elsewhere. He wanted fans there again. 

Awesome day and was great to see the joint full again.

• 2 months later...
17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone else hearing this stuff about Tony Stewart and IndyCar? Some announcement coming today. Hoping it's an ownership role.

Lots of cynical speculation on Track Forum but no one believes it will have anything to do with starting a team. Most think it will be a "Tony" centric announcement. Perhaps something to do with the museum. He tagged several racing series so we'll see.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Lots of cynical speculation on Track Forum but no one believes it will have anything to do with starting a team. Most think it will be a "Tony" centric announcement. Perhaps something to do with the museum. He tagged several racing series so we'll see.

Cynicism?  On Trackforum?  Surely you jest. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally I can talk about this. I can't tell you how big this is not only for Fishers but Andretti/Indy Car,etc.....the scope of this facility is bigger than about 80% of what current F1 teams if that tells you what direction some of this might be heading.

https://www.andrettiautosport.com/news/andretti-global-announces-plans-to-build-racing-and-technology-headquarters-in-fishers-indiana

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Finally I can talk about this. I can't tell you how big this is not only for Fishers but Andretti/Indy Car,etc.....the scope of this facility is bigger than about 80% of what current F1 teams if that tells you what direction some of this might be heading.

https://www.andrettiautosport.com/news/andretti-global-announces-plans-to-build-racing-and-technology-headquarters-in-fishers-indiana

That’s awesome. Great jobs for the community.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That’s awesome. Great jobs for the community.

Huge. Talking 2-300 six figure salaries from engineers to ad sales to social media,etc.....along with another 200+ jobs of service. The guy that told me back in early July told me the reason they chose this area was for the airport for the guests. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I don't think this is behind paywall. Look I'm all about everything IMS does. I defend their traditions to a fault...but I really don't think blacking out locally tv or streaming would impact the attendance. I mean there is always going to be 300,000 out there on race day.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/motor/2023/05/08/indy-500-blackout-ims-block-local-live-viewership-peacock-2023-nbc/70196739007/

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't think this is behind paywall. Look I'm all about everything IMS does. I defend their traditions to a fault...but I really don't think blacking out locally tv or streaming would impact the attendance. I mean there is always going to be 300,000 out there on race day.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/motor/2023/05/08/indy-500-blackout-ims-block-local-live-viewership-peacock-2023-nbc/70196739007/

My thoughts exactly. For a few years you could watch the on car camera feeds on the IMS website. Not recently though. It's an over the top reaction to something that wouldn't happen anyway. So, I'll be setting on my deck listening to the radio and watching timing and scoring.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cthomas said:

My thoughts exactly. For a few years you could watch the on car camera feeds on the IMS website. Not recently though. It's an over the top reaction to something that wouldn't happen anyway. So, I'll be setting on my deck listening to the radio and watching timing and scoring.

Funny part was last year the next area over from us in turn 1 the group had 2 laptops going and they were streaming from Peacock and watching\listening to that feed occasionally.

With all the new Widescreen TV's Penske had installed you can honestly watch the race from almost any place in the joint. We used to be turn 2 crowd but when they opened turn 1 up again we went there because it's the closest spot on the track to the actual cars and there are 2 huge TV's directly behind us heading into South Chute. Cars go by and we can turn around and watch.

• Like 1