KDB

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • KDB changed the title to DJ Steward Commits to Duke
1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Just the way it is. Duke comes calling and it's hard to pass that up. 

When these top 5-10 H.S. kids start going straight to the pros there is going to be a smaller gap at the top. To say a top 25 kid is that much better than a 25-50 and then 50-100 is going to close the gap a lot. The only difference I can see now with those top 50 kids and top 100 is the ability and athleticism to contribute on day 1 and maybe go pro early. But those 50-100 kids after staying a year or even 2 will start beating out the new incoming freshman no matter their rank fairly quickly. As long as we get the ones we are suppose get and develop our 75-150 kids we will be able to compete with anybody’s 5*s before long because the very elite like Zion etc won’t even play college. There is a lot of 5* that aren’t even that polished...they are 5* because of their size or potential. I’d be happy to live in the 4* world and have them for a couple years surrounded with a backbone of Leals and Galloways and Phinesses.

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

When these top 5-10 H.S. kids start going straight to the pros there is going to be a smaller gap at the top. To say a top 25 kid is that much better than a 25-50 and then 50-100 is going to close the gap a lot. The only difference I can see now with those top 50 kids and top 100 is the ability and athleticism to contribute on day 1 and maybe go pro early. But those 50-100 kids after staying a year or even 2 will start beating out the new incoming freshman no matter their rank fairly quickly. As long as we get the ones we are suppose get and develop our 75-150 kids we will be able to compete with anybody’s 5*s before long because the very elite like Zion etc won’t even play college. There is a lot of 5* that aren’t even that polished...they are 5* because of their size or potential. I’d be happy to live in the 4* world and have them for a couple years surrounded with a backbone of Leals and Galloways and Phinesses.

Agreed.

Archived