KDB

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

He says so. So does his mother. IDK. If he does, then I’ll get back to losing my mind out of happiness/ excitement level. 

Ya talk about a huge win for the program. Hope we get him on campus to give us a punchers chance. Who is considered the team/teams to beat? Timetable for announcement? Appreciate the intel for us crazy fans that don’t have the sources you do. 

1 hour ago, CoachSS said:

I know a few boys who are very tight with him. His visit to Texas he really enjoyed it. He seems sold on the campus and the town and Shaka Smart. The fact Smart has sat front-and-center at most of his games at the Peach Jam shows a LOT of intent. 

But, Texas is NOT close to where he lives. Louisville, a school he also likes, is within driving distance or cheap Southwest flights for his family from Midway to Louisville. Bloomington, also, is a lot closer to him. 

Some schools have started to show more interest and it is tough to eliminate them even though we are later on his recruitment. Teams like Texas, Louisville and Indiana would be favored over the "field" to land him. But, since so many schools didn't engage him for so long, I can also see this going into November. I'm interested to see where it goes. 

Phenomenal player and one I have been high on for quite a long time. I just LOVE his game. 

Really hope he visits too. If we could land any player from this class, I'd pick him. 

Phenomenal player and one I have been high on for quite a long time. I just LOVE his game. 

...and I just LOVE your intel...keep it up!

A tad surprised that underperforming Shaka is a strong competitor here...four years of barely over .500 at Texas. Jarrett Allen, Mo Bamba and Jaxson Hays drafted, but no guards or wings thus far.  Kind of a meh resume

I was of the belief that Steward really took to the city and the campus. The fact he loved Smart was great but also just another thing he really liked. 

One of the rumors is that his mother almost never gets on an airplane. If that truly is the case and it ends up being a big factor, then it makes sense he would continue to look at Midwest schools. 

The interviews I've watched he really has talked up Texas and Louisville but he really emphasized lately that Iowa and Iowa St are just 4-5 hours away (within driving distance) and that he likes that. Obvisouly Illinois is also on his list as well and Underwood seems to be gaining momentum...

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Welp. I know where we are in the pecking order in today's world. Hard to compete with that.

Yes but that is a long way from home and Duke could easily land some guys ahead of him pushing his playing time down. Duke and UK can’t take them all.

58 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yes but that is a long way from home and Duke could easily land some guys ahead of him pushing his playing time down. Duke and UK can’t take them all.

I think as we have learned it is all about the shoes and deals.  Duke is a factory now and we have beat them for recruits in the past and will again.  It all depends on circumstances, some of which are not controllable, others are.  

Got this from Assembly Hall. IU has former players in the NBA that will earn a combined $67 million this year alone.  IMHO, don't need a  shoe deal out of college. Coach Miller needs to be selling this big time, to any kid who has NBA aspirations.

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Got this from Assembly Hall. IU has former players in the NBA that will earn a combined $67 million this year alone.  IMHO, don't need a  shoe deal out of college. Coach Miller needs to be selling this big time, to any kid who has NBA aspirations.

Well...yes...but only one of them is his kid.

30 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Well...yes...but only one of them is his kid.

100 % correct. Are you.  Think of the school.  How many NBA players are there from Central Michigan University ?  In other words.  Some schools produce, regardless of who is the coach.  I do get your point. I hope that you get mine...... "IT'S INDIANA.  IT'S INDIANA ! "

I have to laugh whenever I see the word 'Brotherhood' with Duke. What kind of brotherhood do they have nowadays when many players leave the school after a season and others transfer because of very limited playing time? 

The real brotherhood is at Michigan State. Kids commit crimes, and they will cover them to the end of the earth. Of course I'm being sarcastic. 

1 hour ago, addictedtoIU said:

I have to laugh whenever I see the word 'Brotherhood' with Duke. What kind of brotherhood do they have nowadays when many players leave the school after a season and others transfer because of very limited playing time? 

The real brotherhood is at Michigan State. Kids commit crimes, and they will cover them to the end of the earth. Of course I'm being sarcastic. 

Or IU....where they steal each other’s girlfriends and go through double digit losing streaks together. That’s family right there! Stick it out through the tough times!

ok so it’s dysfunctional family but that is the family that most people know lol!

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Or IU....where they steal each other’s girlfriends and go through double digit losing streaks together. That’s family right there! Stick it out through the tough times!

ok so it’s dysfunctional family but that is the family that most people know lol!

You have no idea if those rumors were true or not

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Oh come on. That's too personal. I would've laughed hard if it happened elsewhere. Hope that was just a rumor.

Archived