Beilein to Cavs

35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Would you just stop with your non sense because it getting old.  Just keep that kind of posting on the rivals where they will play along with your non sense.  According to your pal over there Donovan was in Bloomington looking at houses LOL! so it is obvious we took our shot the last time we had an opening.

If Donovan ends up at UM then IU is dead in basketball.  Book it.  I think he very well might.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

If Donovan ends up at UM then IU is dead in basketball.  Book it.  I think he very well might.

Whatever man, I don't know why some of you bother to follow a team because you will never be happy or satisfied with anything and will only be happy when you complain about things.  The big ten always has had a lot of good coaches and it never killed IU basketball and it won't if Donovan does go to UM.  The thing that would kill IU basketball if IU starts firing coaches every time the fans get unhappy with the coaches since  that would mean we would fire coaches after every loss.  To me what hurts IU basketball more than anything are fans like you who try to find a way to bash the program on a daily basis.  Just book it

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

No right where it has been.

Just looking at Donovan's record before Florida you would never had wanted to hire him at IU.  If Donovan came to IU and had two season like his first two at Florida you would have wanted to run him out of town.

Donovan at Marshall 2 seasons 35-20 no post season either year

Archie at Dayton 6 seasons 139-63 5 post seasons in 6 years

Donovan's first two years at Florida 27-32 1 NIT losing in the first round with a record of 14-15 that year.

Archie's first two years at IU 35-31 1 NIT losing in the 3 round.

36 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just looking at Donovan's record before Florida you would never had wanted to hire him at IU.  If Donovan came to IU and had two season like his first two at Florida you would have wanted to run him out of town.

Donovan at Marshall 2 seasons 35-20 no post season either year

Archie at Dayton 6 seasons 139-63 5 post seasons in 6 years

Donovan's first two years at Florida 27-32 1 NIT losing in the first round with a record of 14-15 that year.

Archie's first two years at IU 35-31 1 NIT losing in the 3 round.

200.gif

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

200.gif

I know it is hard for some of you haters to comprehend anything when it comes to basketball but what is so hard to understand my post.  It shows that you want Archie out after two years at IU but I showed you how similar Archie and Donovan were in their first two years and how they did at a mid major.

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Point taken, and you're last sentence is probably right.

Back to Juwan. I would think if he's that well thought of, and a college teammate that's an NBA GM (Pelinka) actually thought he had "the goods" then he would have at least deserved the attention that Monty William's and Ty Lue received in the Lakers search. Frank Vogel might end up being a good hire, but he's not an automatic home run by any stretch.

Or maybe LeBron just said, "no way." to Howard.

There were rumblings that put Kurt Rambis and Phil Jackson as the key consultants swaying the decision on Vogel. Lue wanted a 5 year contract, given his championship experience and the Lakers were only committed to 3 years. All this was contingent on whoever agreed to the job, Jason Kidd was coming in as an assistant. The whole situation screams micromanagement from the owner/front office. 

4 hours ago, B_A said:

There were rumblings that put Kurt Rambis and Phil Jackson as the key consultants swaying the decision on Vogel. Lue wanted a 5 year contract, given his championship experience and the Lakers were only committed to 3 years. All this was contingent on whoever agreed to the job, Jason Kidd was coming in as an assistant. The whole situation screams micromanagement from the owner/front office. 

Phil Jackson?? Ok, it's 2019. At this point in time his "magic touch" is on par with Michael Jackson's. Lakers are a disaster. I feel for Vogel. He's a good coach, not great, but good and that organization is about as bad as the Knicks. For Vogel though that's a huge opportunity. That team can't get worse, unless LeBron gets hurt. Terrible trades and signings doomed them from the start. Magic was a terrible hire. 

8 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

So, if that happens, will you finally follow through with your threat to leave IU basketball forever?  I only ask because it might make a difference in how I view this coaching search.

3 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

Phil Jackson?? Ok, it's 2019. At this point in time his "magic touch" is on par with Michael Jackson's. Lakers are a disaster. I feel for Vogel. He's a good coach, not great, but good and that organization is about as bad as the Knicks. For Vogel though that's a huge opportunity. That team can't get worse, unless LeBron gets hurt. Terrible trades and signings doomed them from the start. Magic was a terrible hire. 

Agreed, Jeanie and Phil obviously have a history together. What makes this even more funny is supposedly Kurt's wife is a trusted advisor to Jeanie Buss and didn't want Lue as coach.

10 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

According to a Butler board Lavall Jordan was in Michigan today. There was a flight from Indy to Ann Arbor and back as well. Butler fans are currently freaking out.

Freaking out happy because they get a redo?   If things go south again next year that seat is going to be inferno. 

Butler going to hire Mike Lewis if so? 

29 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Freaking out happy because they get a redo?   If things go south again next year that seat is going to be inferno. 

I almost wonder if they wouldn't promote Jeff Meyer, provided he doesn't follow Jordan to Ann Arbor.  Spent 16 years as a head coach at Liberty, and knows the area well.  Being 63, he'd definitely be a stopgap, but he could step in immediately and give them potentially 4-5 years to find their "permanent" replacement.

32 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

No, they’re  scared that recruiting is going to go down the crapper and there isn’t any stability with the program. I would put my money on Shrewsberry as the top choice but who knows.

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

No, they’re  scared that recruiting is going to go down the crapper and there isn’t any stability with the program. I would put my money on Shrewsberry as the top choice but who knows.

Butler boards are also bringing up Ron Nored's name a lot also.  Head coach in the G League for 2 seasons, and several years as an assistant in college and pros, including 1 with the Celtics under Stevens.

On 5/13/2019 at 2:40 PM, IU Scott said:

Guarantee the Knicks or Lakers will get the #1 pick

On 5/13/2019 at 3:36 PM, IU Scott said:

I am just saying that the NBA will make it happen

Since it wasn't formally accepted, I can't enforce the bet.  But, the avatar would have been one of the following:

scotty_doesnt_know.png

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

Archived