Beilein to Cavs

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Feathery said:

Seems like it will be Juwan Howard. 

If it is, I would expect them to land 2019 5*  Jaden McDaniels. He and Juwan are cousins. 

It appears that is gonna be the hire and yep McDaniels is his cousin.

If McDaniels, who committed last night on Twitter, had intentions of joining his cousin, he had weird timing and will have a round about way to doing it. Why commit on a Tuesday night just a few days before your cousins possibly takes the coaching job of Michigan.  Sure crazier things have happened but I'm calling Yaklich now.  

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

If McDaniels, who committed last night on Twitter, had intentions of joining his cousin, he had weird timing and will have a round about way to doing it. Why commit on a Tuesday night just a few days before your cousins possibly takes the coaching job of Michigan.  Sure crazier things have happened but I'm calling Yaklich now.  

I guarantee you Washington fans aren't considering him committed yet.  Terrence Jones taught them that lesson. 

44 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Lol,Penny has started a trend....Wonder if Juwan will recruit like him,could cause some problems for teams of the B10....he has Lebron and Wade backing him

We'll know soon enough with seeing who he will be watching during AAU season. I think more problems will be caused for Calipari and Coach K if he adopts Penny and Mike Millers' recruiting style.

With him being a Chicago native, I'm curious to see how well he can do in that recruiting scene.

Tend to think this will make things more difficult for IU/other B1G teams in recruiting, in the short term. Howard of course has all kinds of NBA connections, and pedigree. Whether he can win as a HC of a major B1G program is another question, that will take time to determine, and that ultimately should determine how well he recruits (long term).

One thing Penny had going for him was he had coached half this class in AAU and made inroads with them...Howard feels closer to a Patrick Ewing hire imo. Juwan Howard...the third most famous of the Fab 5...or little Penny who was all over tv...yeah not even close on the famous factor. This is a win imo. I don’t trust bigs to teach basketball lol...give me a guard any day of the week.

8 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Rumor is Yaklich is going to Texas with Shaka Smart. 

Archived