Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Image result for john beilein jim harbaugh gif

Guess the rumors of him to Detroit (last season or before?) may have held more weight than I originally thought.

Wonder who takes his place.

Edited by cybergates
  • Like 1

Immediate thoughts were...

1) Any recruits we can steal if they ask out of their LOI

2) Really curious to see who Mich can attract to replace him. I think Beilein has put that job in a real attractive place. 

• Like 6

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

Tired of recruiting?   

I bet that's a big part of it. Also probably getting a big(ger) payday before retiring.

• Like 1

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

Tired of recruiting?   

Probably just last shot. He’s in his 60’s, so now or never. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Immediate thoughts were...

1) Any recruits we can steal if they ask out of their LOI

2) Really curious to see who Mich can attract to replace him. I think Beilein has put that job in a real attractive place. 

They have 3 commits between 19 and 20. All 4 stars. One from Washington, Texas, and Ohio. 

Just shocked on this. Maybe he's tired of the recruiting. 

Funny since we were just discussing in other thread about a legend leaving and how you handle replacement hire. Will Michigan do the easy thing and promote Saddi Washington to keep continuity, system, players around,etc....or will they perform an actual search. Potentially landscape changing move for the conference. As it relates to IU. We play them once next year..at Michigan. 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Funny since we were just discussing in other thread about a legend leaving and how you handle replacement hire. Will Michigan do the easy thing and promote Saddi Washington to keep continuity, system, players around,etc....or will they perform an actual search. Potentially landscape changing move for the conference. As it relates to IU. We play them once next year..at Michigan. 

Could be a national landscape changing move.

Well I thought he was a college lifer but to me it just shows that college coaches are tired of the BS surrounding recruiting.

Just saw this, yeah, wow. Knew he was considering the NBA, but wow. 

UM had a great run. Now we’ll see if that school goes through the trials of change we have 

Just now, Hoosierhoopster said:

Just saw this, yeah, wow. Knew he was considering the NBA, but wow. 

UM had a great run. Now we’ll see if that school goes through the trials of change we have 

They won't.  It's a much better job than IU right now.

Shocked. I had great respect for him.  I don’t know why anyone would want that crap Cleveland job but more power to him. 

I wonder if Vagabond Rick Barnes has his agent on the phone with Michigan already?  Dane Fife could be an interesting name. 

Just now, CincyHoosier said:

They won't.  It's a much better job than IU right now.

I agree, but only in the sense that it's better because the administration/athletic department is better, not because of actual basketball reasons. 

• Like 3