Chris Holtman at OSU vs Archie Miller at IU

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

"I thought my Breaking Away royalty checks would be a lot larger."

Hey now, be nice.  I was a background extra in Bloomington's Breaking Away.

And -

also an extra in Back to School, shot in Madison 1986 with Rodney Dangerfield, Robert Downey Jr, and a very hot Terry Farrell. 

This has nothing to do with Ohio State, but there ya go.   Sam Kinison would have made a great assistant coach.   

giphy.gif

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Hey now, be nice.  I was a background extra in Bloomington's Breaking Away.

And -

I was a background extra in Back to School, shot in Madison 1986 with Rodney Dangerfield, Robert Downey Jr, and a very hot Terry Farrell. 

This has nothing to do with Ohio State, but there ya go.   Sam Kinison would have made a great assistant coach.   

giphy.gif

Yeah, but did you get physically assaulted as an extra?

Say it! Say it! Say it!!!

Work with a guy whose dad played basketball at OSU. They aren’t convinced Holtmann is the guy to take them to final fours or championships. He is good enough to make the tournament. 

They also think Archie will have IU rolling and will be a better long term than Holtmann. 

CAM coaches for a fan base that creates 100+ page threads on boards like this about a recruit who more than likely will never wear the pinstripes.

Holtmann coaches at a program that also has boards with 100 page threads— on who wins the quarterback competition.

No purpose for a topic like this other than to troll.

I'm firmly in the corner of give Archie time.  I was emotionally charged at times last season for reasons that dont need explained to other IU fanatics.  The offseason offers time for perspective and more objectivity.  He has shown the ability to both coach defense and recruit. CAM comes across as a no nonsense grinder which imo are qualities that will translate into long term success.  Patience from Hoosier fans (myself included) is what I'd like to see right now.  

I think it’s fair to make comparisons on other coaches hired at the same time as Archie, in particular another in the same conference.  But it’s not fair to compare based off two years on body of work.  I’m not a sunshine pumper but as as someone with an analytical mind I also see there isn’t enough of a body of work from either coach to gather an informed opinion either way.

1 minute ago, iuthruandthru said:

I think it’s fair to make comparisons on other coaches hired at the same time as Archie, in particular another in the same conference.  But it’s not fair to compare based off two years on body of work.  I’m not a sunshine pumper but as as someone with an analytical mind I also see there isn’t enough of a body of work from either coach to gather an informed opinion either way.

I'd agree...not enough data to form a defendable conclusion.  Last year, Ohio State took a solid step backward while IU progressed.  Not prepared to call Holtman a bust based on one season's regression just like I'm not ready to give up on Archie Miller for not progressing as fast as some think he should after two seasons.

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

CAM coaches for a fan base that creates 100+ page threads on boards like this about a recruit who more than likely will never wear the pinstripes.

Holtmann coaches at a program that also has boards with 100 page threads— on who wins the quarterback competition.

SPOT ON

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Being a coach at a football school doesn’t mean he’s a worse coach than a coach at a basketball school. 

Pretty sure we would have traded Crean for Brey or Beilein. 

7 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Oh we know. You meant Candy Stripes.  Must confess, I have made the same mistake.  Carry on. 

Because it's so easy to compare different coaches who run different schemes and who took over for coaches that ran schemes of varying degrees of proximity to the schemes they are trying to implement and with different types of players, I'd say this answer is easy. The better coach is Jack Del Rio. 

21 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Because it's so easy to compare different coaches who run different schemes and who took over for coaches that ran schemes of varying degrees of proximity to the schemes they are trying to implement and with different types of players, I'd say this answer is easy. The better coach is Jack Del Rio. 

Don't let his distract you from the fact that the Falcons blew a 28-3 lead in the 3rd qtr to lose the super bowl

31 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Well executed comment framing the context of what each walked into! 

Shame on you for hurting my abdominals with your conclusion though!   HAHA!! 

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Classy as always.  Really is a mystery why so many people have you on ignore on multiple websites. 

Ummm, multiple websites?  You got me confused with somebody else.  But keep your Holtmann love fest going.

Archived