Better Coach: Me or Archie Miller

I was able to take my rec league team in a town of 6000 to the league semi-finals in my first year. I dealt with hangovers and players occasionally working dinner shifts at local restaurants instead of playing games. Archie couldn't even make it to semi-finals of the NIT in his second year. I'm definitely a better coach /s

Oh come on we all know your assistant coach is connected to Adidas. We know how things get done in your organization:

unsanctioned free booze

names on the back of uniforms through shady sponsorship deals

sugar in opposing players gas tanks

You sir are the Coach Cal of rec league basketball and some day you will get yours 😜

1 hour ago, iuthruandthru said:

You sir are the Coach Cal of rec league basketball and some day you will get yours 😜

All of my players are true one and dones. They usually have one good 8 minute quarter then are done for the rest of the game. I’ll always remember my greatest accomplishment was coaching a dude named Penes Banter. He didn’t play one minute of rec league basketball but managed to replace the head gasket in his Chevy Silverado when the season was over. 

9 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

All of my players are true one and dones. They usually have one good 8 minute quarter then are done for the rest of the game. I’ll always remember my greatest accomplishment was coaching a dude named Penes Banter. He didn’t play one minute of rec league basketball but managed to replace the head gasket in his Chevy Silverado when the season was over. 

No fair, Sawatch!, You didn't tell people about your ringer, Sasquatch!

Image result for sasquatch basketball gif

6 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

The only thing that could have been better, would have been starting this thread in one that had already been derailed.

Nah, you can't start a thread in a thread.  This one is fine on it's own.  Been laughing all day.

16 hours ago, rico said:

Yeah, I need to hear more about this Penes Banter.  He must have been the team mechanic?

He's a mechanic from Turkey that worked on Ladas. We drafted him specifically so he could fix the team Winnebago for when we traveled to Louisville, Ky for the big Winn Dixie 3 on 3 tournament. Unfortunately, we never made it to Louisville because Penes' had a fear of traveling in vehicles with beds. 

4 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

He's a mechanic from Turkey that worked on Ladas. We drafted him specifically so he could fix the team Winnebago for when we traveled to Louisville, Ky for the big Winn Dixie 3 on 3 tournament. Unfortunately, we never made it to Louisville because Penes' had a fear of traveling in vehicles with beds. 

Wow, I’ve ridden in Lada’s. He must have been busy in Turkey because they are always breaking down!

20 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I took a coach pitch 5-6 yo softball team to an undefeated 6 game season.  I promptly retired as the best coach pitch softball coach in the league

I coached a "Fun Fair Positive Soccer" league team of 6-year olds (in which every player plays equal minutes and every position), and while there was a 3-goal scoring limit for each player (hey, it's fun fair and positive!), I had my Star Six Year Old score his 4th to win the Fun Fair Positive Championship by kicking the ball off a defender to win it! I'm the best!

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I coached a "Fun Fair Positive Soccer" league team of 6-year olds (in which every player plays equal minutes and every position), and while there was a 3-goal scoring limit for each player (hey, it's fun fair and positive!), I had my Star Six Year Old score his 4th to win the Fun Fair Positive Championship by kicking the ball off a defender to win it! I'm the best!

Dang it, but that's better coaching than me. You cheated without actually cheating.

Archived