Greatest Dunk in IUBB History?

49 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

I hope missed dunks can make the cut, cuz Vics missed alley-oop vs UM is the damned thing ive ever seen!

.....and after clicking the link, WOW are people hating on it!!!

As someone commented on my site, think of the uproar if the best IU dunk of all-time was a missed dunk.  Probably best to just let that one go.

18 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

As someone commented on my site, think of the uproar if the best IU dunk of all-time was a missed dunk.  Probably best to just let that one go.

That is my favorite Play in Indiana History.  Make or miss, that thing brought down twitter.  had he made it, best dunk of all time.  Would have had to re-name assmebly hall on the spot

27 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

That is my favorite Play in Indiana History.  Make or miss, that think brought down twitter.  had he made it, best dunk of all time.  Would have had to re-name assmebly hall on the spot

Had Hulls not thrown that so far behind Vic, I can't think of a dunk that would have been more impressive.  Period.

9 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Had Hulls not thrown that so far behind Vic, I can't think of a dunk that would have been more impressive.  Period.

The fact that one of the best shooters in the history of IU threw a pass that that would have made the worst qb in IU history go 😱 is what made it so impressive!!!  If Hulls keeps that pass in Monroe County its still awesome, but it wouldnt have had the same H@!% S#*+ factor.

1 hour ago, 3Ballin said:

I hope missed dunks can make the cut, cuz Vics missed alley-oop vs UM is the damned thing ive ever seen!

.....and after clicking the link, WOW are people hating on it!!!

So would the greatest wins include games when we lost by a point or the last second shot almost went in? Don't get me wrong, I love that play, but he didn't make it, so it can't be the greatest dunk of all time. 

20 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

So would the greatest wins include games when we lost by a point or the last second shot almost went in? Don't get me wrong, I love that play, but he didn't make it, so it can't be the greatest dunk of all time. 

I did say makes the cut, not wins the contest.....

The standoff that stands out to me is J. Morgan vs T. Williams.

Troy Williams' dunk was a display of athleticism and body control.  Dunking while under the backboard without hitting his head on the underside is incredible with his leaping ability.  Maintaining the body control while maintaining focus to complete the dunk, wow.

Juwan Morgan's dunk was a highlight of team play.  Offensive rebound by McRoberts passing while falling down to a cutting Morgan, definitely meant more situationally.

Dunk alone, Williams has to get the nod.  Context made it much harder to judge and I believe the poll results and remarks reflect that.

Archived