Thank You HSN

I would like to take this time to give a great big thank you to CC, MIle and all of those that have made this place amazing.  I have been apart of this forum for around 10 years or so and have made the move each time. This is the most knowledgeable forum on many things not just Indiana Basketball. This is a place that over the years has been very near and dear to my heart. Mile and company have always allowed me to discuss what is going on with Ayden and many of you have prayed for him for years. From the bottom of my heart I appreciate that more than you will ever know. Its the things not directly related to Indiana Basketball that makes this place special. It is a place to talk about our favorite team but also so much more. I spend a great deal of time here on a daily basis because for the most part I like the discussion and the people that hang out here. I have lived the majority of my life trying to make people happy and bring enjoyment to those around me and I have always said that when that is not the case then it is time to move on. Apparently some of my messages and antics on getting topics "plunged" to page 2 does not set well with some. I have never been a conformist in any way I do things the way that I see fit and most of the time that has worked out. In order to not offend anyone or make people suffer through my garbage in order to get to the real content and the real reason why people come to HSN I am graciously riding off into the sunset.  There are many posters that I call friend. Craighoops was the very first to track me down and give me a call and we stayed in touch up until a month or so of his passing.  I don't want to list all of you because I will for sure leave some off and I do want to do that. Thank you HSN for many years of enjoyment I will lurk on occasion and if anyone want to know how to reach out to see how Ayden is doing or anything you can always get a hold of me.  Thank you and GOD BLESS!!!

Personally, not a fan of the "plungering" but to each their own I figured. Guess some people didn't like enough to complain? Not sure why mods didn't just ask you not to do it any more if people were that upset by it.

Regardless, take care and well wishes for Ayden continuing to beat the odds and good health.

In defense of Billingsley, there seems to be an increase in posters getting called out for trivial things. For example, it's unnecessary to post something like "this should be  in The Animal House".  Who cares if a stray off-topic thread makes it on the main board, especially in the off-season?  Is that something worth causing a ruckus about.  

Now, that said, I would not quit the board just because someone took a shot or two at me.  That's right.  You bastahds can say whatever you want to me and about me, but I'll still be here.  Kind of like an ex-wife in that regard.

18 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

In defense of Billingsley, there seems to be an increase in posters getting called out for trivial things. For example, it's unnecessary to post something like "this should be  in The Animal House".  Who cares if a stray off-topic thread makes it on the main board, especially in the off-season?  Is that something worth causing a ruckus about.  

Now, that said, I would not quit the board just because someone took a shot or two at me.  That's right.  You bastahds can say whatever you want to me and about me, but I'll still be here.  Kind of like an ex-wife in that regard.

If I left every time  someone took a shot at me on a message board I would be leaving every 15 minutes.

24 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Your ex-wives say hello...

Related image

Meh,  People need to understand this is the internet.  Everyone has their own opinion on things.  As long as you're not trolling anyone or anything, say what you want and who cares what other people say or think.  Pump sunshine up everyone arse or be as pessimistic as you want to be.  Everyone has their own thoughts, opinions, and feeling about Indiana basketball and to be honest, we're all full of s*&t and just giving out opinion.  As long you're not breaking the rules carry on.  Use the ignore function.  I have 4 on my list and oh man has it made it so much more enjoyable.  Hell, one of them is a moderator!

Awe Billingsley99 you have been such a great poster and we love hearing about your Ayden as well. Please don’t let a few self-important people influence your posting. This is a free board and it’s posters like you that truly make it special and unlike any other space with which to discuss our Hoosiers and other sundry topics.

Billingsley come back! If someone pm’s you just politely tell them they are free to use ignore! 

And to IUScott’s post, I have a first name generally regarded as a girl’s name! If I got offended every time someone reacted to or misused my name (daily) I would have lived a miserable life! No snowflakes in my family!😀

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

Billingsley come back! If someone pm’s you just politely tell them they are free to use ignore! 

And to IUScott’s post, I have a first name generally regarded as a girl’s name! If I got offended every time someone reacted to or misused my name (daily) I would have lived a miserable life! No snowflakes in my family!😀

Shirley, you jest!

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Meh,  People need to understand this is the internet.  Everyone has their own opinion on things.  As long as you're not trolling anyone or anything, say what you want and who cares what other people say or think.  Pump sunshine up everyone arse or be as pessimistic as you want to be.  Everyone has their own thoughts, opinions, and feeling about Indiana basketball and to be honest, we're all full of s*&t and just giving out opinion.  As long you're not breaking the rules carry on.  Use the ignore function.  I have 4 on my list and oh man has it made it so much more enjoyable.  Hell, one of them is a moderator!

Testing, can you read this?

Count me in the corner of those hoping you reconsider staying. It would be a real loss to the board to have you leave. You're one of the truly good guys here. Your last Ayden post was really one of the most inspiring things I've seen in a while. I even shared it all with my wife, who thinks I'm silly for posting to strangers on message board, and she was quite touched as well. Stay on board and keep the positive posts flowing, regardless of the Internet curmudgeons.  :)

11 hours ago, JerseyHoosier said:

Count me in the corner of those hoping you reconsider staying. It would be a real loss to the board to have you leave. You're one of the truly good guys here. Your last Ayden post was really one of the most inspiring things I've seen in a while. I even shared it all with my wife, who thinks I'm silly for posting to strangers on message board, and she was quite touched as well. Stay on board and keep the positive posts flowing, regardless of the Internet curmudgeons.  :)

Agree with this. When I started reading this forum, it's was easy to pick out the posters who formed the core and who I enjoyed reading. That's why I signed up. 

Don't let critics take you from a place you belong.

20 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I would like to take this time to give a great big thank you to CC, MIle and all of those that have made this place amazing.  I have been apart of this forum for around 10 years or so and have made the move each time. This is the most knowledgeable forum on many things not just Indiana Basketball. This is a place that over the years has been very near and dear to my heart. Mile and company have always allowed me to discuss what is going on with Ayden and many of you have prayed for him for years. From the bottom of my heart I appreciate that more than you will ever know. Its the things not directly related to Indiana Basketball that makes this place special. It is a place to talk about our favorite team but also so much more. I spend a great deal of time here on a daily basis because for the most part I like the discussion and the people that hang out here. I have lived the majority of my life trying to make people happy and bring enjoyment to those around me and I have always said that when that is not the case then it is time to move on. Apparently some of my messages and antics on getting topics "plunged" to page 2 does not set well with some. I have never been a conformist in any way I do things the way that I see fit and most of the time that has worked out. In order to not offend anyone or make people suffer through my garbage in order to get to the real content and the real reason why people come to HSN I am graciously riding off into the sunset.  There are many posters that I call friend. Craighoops was the very first to track me down and give me a call and we stayed in touch up until a month or so of his passing.  I don't want to list all of you because I will for sure leave some off and I do want to do that. Thank you HSN for many years of enjoyment I will lurk on occasion and if anyone want to know how to reach out to see how Ayden is doing or anything you can always get a hold of me.  Thank you and GOD BLESS!!!

We do not communicate directly much ,in fact very rarely  ...But THAT DOES NOT MATTER!! :(  I'm close to crying about this and my feelings are most certainly hurt to read you are leaving Bills..

You were one of the guys who I originally didn't really notice back on the old old board, but I have rarely failed to make time to search up comments from ever since the things you have shared touched my life. I've just never felt comfy commenting on Ayden's health without knowing you personally .    It just felt like it would be "putting on a show" with me not being one of the more popular guys around.  You've helped me remember what is most important in life on a regular basis on many different occasions, but it's just a way about you and your kindness .  I can't possibly understate how much I admire you as a parent, forum participant , and person going way back for years now. You have made an impact on me , and have given me much to think about numerous times.

I lurked the living hell out of this board and every other HSN  too so I know what I'm saying here. I LOVE THIS FORUM and I DON'T GIVE ONE SOLITARY S*** IF I'M LIKED IN RETURN OR NOT  because that isn't always how life works.  However there are several posters here who I would also do the same for !!  I'm not on Fouls level of divorce mastery yet, but I couldn't even stay married for 5 years my first go around, and I've somehow lasted for over 10 with Hoosier Nation forum. ...and Billingsley has been with it even longer,  so that is the duration the board is losing in a sense of him no longer wishing to be so regular anymore , as well.  I don't give a crap if this comes across as verbose or anything else ..........other than true heartfelt SADNESS.

With all due respect to whoever it was , THIS IS Amounts to a LOSS for this forum if he doesn't post much from now on, and takes some joy out of remaining here myself. The way I see it is those individuals have just cost many of us the regular participation of someone many of us like and respect a lot!!! 

What the hell is a damn plunge anyway and why should opposition to it mean seeing good people say goodbye!?!?!  Not to mention this also saddens my wife who I've shared his updates with ...so if any EXTRA ADDITIONAL explanation is needed other than hating to see Bills go..... there ya go ! 

If ANYONE on this board has a problem with BILLINGSLEY  then THEY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME TOO!!!   

It's probably better for you , or even me to leave , than him!!! 

I apologize to the board and the mods for the tone but only to slight extent.. THIS IS ONE OF THE NICEST GUYS OUT THERE  ANYWHERE if you don;t already know that. 

I really hope that everyone took notice of "Bills" post.  But I ain't so sure.  Never met the man personally, but he reached out to me in a time of personal need.  Fella brought a smile to my face and made me laugh when I most needed it.  I will never forget that.  Stand up guy in my book, sight unseen.  I am not privy to all the details, but some should be ashamed for "running" him off.  Reflect on it, grow from it, and sure as Hell learn from it.  JSMH

The plunging thing was annoying, especially after the first round of it. People rightfully said, "This is annoying, please stop." I think a normal response is to just stop posting a plunging gif 50 times because you're mad at Keion Brooks. 

Quitting the board because you did one annoying thing that people didn't like is silly. That is far outweighed by all the positive contributions you make. People appreciate what you bring to the board and you should stay.

If I accidentally piss off my neighbor, I don't burn down my house and flee the country.

So stay - and we forgive you for the annoying plunging stuff.

Archived