Romeo Langford Combine Comments

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Love the article TDH.  I expect a lot of the bandwagon crowd will be jumping right back on the Romeo train when he becomes a successful NBA player.  

You can set your watch to it. I'll take it one step further. When he does start showing success the Archie can develop crowd will be back in full force. 

Gotta respect Langford for playing through the injury. There’s no doubt it negatively impacted his draft stock. If he had the surgery in November and sat out the rest of the year, like Garland did, he’d probably be a top 5 pick. IU would have still had its swoon, probably even much worse, but it would be viewed as a positive for Langford. 

3 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Knowing what we know now about Langford's thumb requiring surgery, it's interesting to think about why he didn't have the surgery in November.  He talked about it this week.

Really appreciate the content you bring to the board, @The Daily Hoosier

Thank you, a voice of reason. 

Romeo gave IU everything. Just compare what he did to Vonleh.

And his percentages from deep increased over the B1G season, to about 35 percent, even with the injury. 

He’s going to do well in the League, and just like Vic and Gordon, Cody and OG, i’ll Follow his NBA game with interest —

Go get it Romeo 

36 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I would love for the Pacers to somehow move up to land Romeo..it’s not their style but would love to watch him play alongside Victor and Aaron Holiday.

I saw one of the mock drafts having Romeo falling to 18 and the Pacers drafting him.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2837007-2019-nba-mock-draft-1st-round-predictions-for-most-intriguing-prospects

This one has Romeo going to Orlando with the 16th pick.  Just looking at this draft it appears to me to be very weak with some of the players expecting to go high in this draft.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-mock-draft-2019-lottery-results-let-pelicans-take-zion-williamson-at-no-1-grizzlies-get-ja-morant-at-no-2/

This one has Romeo going 9th to Washington

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2835314-2019-nba-mock-draft-post-draft-lottery-edition#slide15

Romeo going 10th to Atlanta in this one

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2837007-2019-nba-mock-draft-1st-round-predictions-for-most-intriguing-prospects

This one has Romeo going to Orlando with the 16th pick.  Just looking at this draft it appears to me to be very weak with some of the players expecting to go high in this draft.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-mock-draft-2019-lottery-results-let-pelicans-take-zion-williamson-at-no-1-grizzlies-get-ja-morant-at-no-2/

This one has Romeo going 9th to Washington

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2835314-2019-nba-mock-draft-post-draft-lottery-edition#slide15

Romeo going 10th to Atlanta in this one

He is every bit as good as those in the top 10...I would be very surprised he goes later then 10...but if he falls that far I have to move up and go after him if I’m the Pacers. You are likely a playoff team again next year...do a top 5 protected 2020 first and be aggressive.

12 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Romeo was on ESPN day 2 of combine.  Said he was the best player in the draft.  Bilas said you really think you are the best player in the draft?  Romeo said yes sir.  

Romeo said Coach Miller made his defense improve throughout the year alomg with other areas, iirc.  

There is no reason at all he can’t develop a 3 pt shot and an improved left hand...he will play with an open floor in th nba...kid will be able to get where he wants for his shot.

44 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He is every bit as good as those in the top 10...I would be very surprised he goes later then 10...but if he falls that far I have to move up and go after him if I’m the Pacers. You are likely a playoff team again next year...do a top 5 protected 2020 first and be aggressive.

The thing is that shooting guard is not a major need for the Pacers so why waste a pick on a guy who will not start in the near future.

59 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Romeo was on ESPN day 2 of combine.  Said he was the best player in the draft.  Bilas said you really think you are the best player in the draft?  Romeo said yes sir.  

Romeo said Coach Miller made his defense improve throughout the year alomg with other areas, iirc.  

Not sure about that Zion Williamson says hello.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The thing is that shooting guard is not a major need for the Pacers so why waste a pick on a guy who will not start in the near future.

Why couldn’t he play the 3? Also he easily could slide alongside Victor for short spurts and make Victor the primary ball handler. With his wingspan no problem playing him on the wing...2-3 doesn’t matter. Also with Victors injury we absolutely need a two off the bench and who knows if Victor will ever be Victor again.

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Why couldn’t he play the 3? Also he easily could slide alongside Victor for short spurts and make Victor the primary ball handler. With his wingspan no problem playing him on the wing...2-3 doesn’t matter. Also with Victors injury we absolutely need a two off the bench and who knows if Victor will ever be Victor again.

Well a lot of the SF in pros are around 6'8 or 6'9 so it would be hard for Romeo to guard them.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well a lot of the SF in pros are around 6'8 or 6'9 so it would be hard for Romeo to guard them.

They play defense in the nba?

sorry yes there would be some mismatches but as he gets stronger his length would offset that. By the time his second contract comes around I’d expect him to hold his own against any wing. Pacers could use another slasher/scorer...and I think he could open up 3s for others when people have to help. I mean he wouldn’t be a defensive liability over Mcbuckets or Evans was. We need a spark off the bench that could later be our superstar.

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Wait. What? CAM can’t coach high end talent. No way a 5-star Burger boy could improve in his one year . 

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

That's the biggest reason why I think he'll do well early.  He won't be facing defenses that just sag into the lane and force his team to beat them over the top.  He'll have plenty of room to operate.

Is that your way of saying they don't play defense in the NBA ?   LOL

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Is that your way of saying they don't play defense in the NBA ?   LOL

Ha. Yes but not entirely.  The NBA is just so spread out with all five players generally capable of playing on the perimeter -- it leaves the driving lanes more open which is right up Romeo's alley.  And to your point, and IMO, the help defense is pretty bad in the NBA.

Archived