Visiting Bloomington and IU campus

Tiz10

I'm flying into Indy tomorrow on my way down to southern Indiana to visit my dad. My girlfriend who I have been with for almost 6 years now has adapted to my IU bball lifestyle & will even go as far as saying her favorite player would be Victor Oladipo. Having said that, on our drive down we are going to stop in B-town, could anyone let me know if we are allowed to go into Assembly Hall to look around? Is it open to the public during the day? Best place to pick up some new IU gear?  We are eating with friends in Indy before we go so we prolly won't need food options but I will take dessert place recommendations though lol 

Thank you in advance.

Sugar and spice in the IMU is a great suggestion.

Sugar & Spice at Indiana Memorial Union - Bloomington, IN

Now.... it has been years since I have been on campus.  Long before there was a Cook Hall.  However, my son and I just opened a door to AH, and walked in.  No one there. But it was cool for me, in that AH was built after I graduated from the glorius  Indiana University

Short of getting into AH.... may I suggest a visit to Cook Hall ?   Open weekdays from 8 to 5. 

Cook Hall Basketball Practice Facility

Enjoy your trip to Btown.  Wish I could join you. 

5 hours ago, Tiz10 said:

Thank you for your responses, I appreciate the information. Sugar & spice will definitely be on the list. 

And even if Sugar and Spice is not open when you get there (they have limited hours)....a tour of the IMU is well worth the price of admission (free).  Plus... ask them at the desk to show you one of the newly renovated rooms.

And seeing as how you will be checking out Sugar and Spice, and are looking to pick up some new IU gear.... might I suggest going down the hall to the IU Bookstore..

Indiana University Bloomington Official Bookstore | Textbooks, Rentals, Sweatshirts, Tees, Hats

Or another place for gear is in Assembly Hall.  Just not sure of the hours there.

IU Varsity Shop Assembly Hall

2 hours ago, Tiz10 said:

Trip to B-town was a success, got to see cook hall & assembly hall. Shopped around at the IMU & stopped at sugar & spice for cupcakes and cookies. Thanks to all who contributed info 👍

Thanks for the getting back with us, and offering up the trip report.  Pleased to hear it was a success, and that you were able to see AH. 

I wanna take my 77 year old father to an IU bball game this year, I realized it has been too long since both of us have attended a game. I will be utilizing the HSN ticket exchange this year if possible. Another reason to be thankful  to our community here at HSN 3.0 

1 minute ago, Tiz10 said:

I wanna take my 77 year old father to an IU bball game this year, I realized it has been too long since both of us have attended a game. I will be utilizing the HSN ticket exchange this year if possible. Another reason to be thankful  to our community here at HSN 3.0 

Eddie4IU would be a great help for you in terms of tickets.  It's his specialty, among other things, IU.  I suggest you shoot him a PM ASAP. 

1 hour ago, Tiz10 said:

Can't wait to be back. Does Eddie mind if a random guy he doesn't know messages him about tix? 

20170822_155433.jpg

Love the pic.  Just let Eddie know you are an IU guy.  Knowing Eddie for years, now.  He will be most accommodating when asking for him, in terms of finding tiks for you.  FB and BB.  Guy is a member.  And if he can't help you out directly ( which I doubt), can with out question set you in the right direction.  If he has any questions about you.  Just tell him mile sent you.   xD

Archived