So who’s left for us to look at!

OLDIUFAN

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't see how it would hurt to bring in a grad transfer since they will only be here a year.  If they can come in a produce at a high level then great but if they just in and contribute a little that is fine as well.

Agree.  Gambling with house money.

Best case, we wind up with Max Beilfeldt (Huge contributor).  Likely case, we wind up with Evan Gordon (Slight but positive contributor).  Worst case, he doesn't contribute at all, but it only cost us one scholarship for one year that may have been vacant anyway. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really, with ten scholly players plus an unknown in Hunter, I wouldn't mind a grad transfer or two at the very minimum for practice depth. We will have walkons going but it may even be managers (no slight against them, but you'd like D1 players practicing).  Despite what Allen Iverson says, practice at this level is important in a variety of ways.

9 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

It is this seasons example that continues to be in my mind. I continue to think that if a group of players just trust him and do everything that he asks them to do they can achieve success.It is this seasons example that continues to be in my mind. I continue to think that if a group of players just trust him and do everything that he asks them to do they can achieve success. And that is why I continue to go back to the fact that I think the lack of team chemistry and problems amongst the players was the main culprit of the seasons disaster.

Totally agree with this. Stay the course, continue to get better and build better relationships, trust and most important,......respect for what Archie is trying to do. I have more respect for guys like Justin, and Devonte for sticking with this program. They don't want to sit out a year under a new system. I am sure they realized that they had it pretty good here at IU!

No doubt talent is there, but attitude, respect and team chemistry have to improve. Something tells me that those two young men will be monsters next year and pivotal parts to next years turn around. 

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

After doing some looking, apparently Cumberland is down to Michigan (no mention of how the coaching change will affect that...Beilein was the one who offered), Purdue, and Oregon. Said he's making a decision soon.

Fitzpatrick-Dorsey transferred from Ole Miss to Tenn St, and was suspended mid-year for a violation of team rules...no mention of who's in on him, but proceed with caution.

Its pretty obvious we are done recruiting at this point.  With 11 players though cant have injuries 

Wasn't sure where to put this. Anyone that follows the board knows my thoughts on the blowhard and Brooks family voicebox that is Brian Snow. Kent Sterling made a few tweets and he couldn't wait to chime in given how quickly. Dopirak did as well. Here's one of the tweets....regarding our fans and fan base. His original tweet was 9 minutes after Sterling so his comments can be construed as he couldn't wait to say something about IU fans. Guys/Gals...believe me on this. Brian Snow is as anti IU guy going. Can't believe the other one's use him. 

• It is such a self absorbed fairy tale way of thinking to feel that the IU coach has to check a certain box a certain way to be successful at IU

4 replies0 retweets6 likes

Retweet

Direct message

6 hours ago, IUFLA said:

After doing some looking, apparently Cumberland is down to Michigan (no mention of how the coaching change will affect that...Beilein was the one who offered), Purdue, and Oregon. Said he's making a decision soon.

Fitzpatrick-Dorsey transferred from Ole Miss to Tenn St, and was suspended mid-year for a violation of team rules...no mention of who's in on him, but proceed with caution.

Well, it appears that Tennessee St. has 6 guys that entered the transfer portal.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Well, it appears that Tennessee St. has 6 guys that entered the transfer portal.

TSU went 9-21 overall and 6-12 in the OVC in Collins first season.

The Tigers failed to qualify for the OVC Tournament after losing six of their last seven games.

Tennessee State coach Penny Collins declined to comment. 

Maybe they got they're Pennys mixed up. Same state and all.

3 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

TSU went 9-21 overall and 6-12 in the OVC in Collins first season.

The Tigers failed to qualify for the OVC Tournament after losing six of their last seven games.

Tennessee State coach Penny Collins declined to comment. 

Maybe they got they're Pennys mixed up. Same state and all.

My wife went to Murray State so we follow them very closely...trust me we don’t want anyone from Tennessee State...lol

18 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Agree.  Gambling with house money.

Best case, we wind up with Max Beilfeldt (Huge contributor).  Likely case, we wind up with Evan Gordon (Slight but positive contributor).  Worst case, he doesn't contribute at all, but it only cost us one scholarship for one year that may have been vacant anyway. 

There is a worst, worst case scenario to add. He brings in a guy who is a career 40% 3 point shooter and when the kid doesn't execute or perform for us....Archie gets criticized and brings in more questions about player development or offense,etc...

PS...I want grad transfers. To me I'm finding it very difficult to understand why we can't find 1-2 pure shooters right now. 

35 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

There is a worst, worst case scenario to add. He brings in a guy who is a career 40% 3 point shooter and when the kid doesn't execute or perform for us....Archie gets criticized and brings in more questions about player development or offense,etc...

PS...I want grad transfers. To me I'm finding it very difficult to understand why we can't find 1-2 pure shooters right now. 

Maybe the staff feels like Blackmon is the best shooter available and that is why he will be on scholarship next year

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

I missed it or can't figure it out.  

What are you guys hoping?

That Blackman is one of the shot makers on the team next year since at this point we haven’t added anybody that is a shooter. Blackmon had intentions of transferring but reportedly will return for next year

42 minutes ago, Cutter said:

That Blackman is one of the shot makers on the team next year since at this point we haven’t added anybody that is a shooter. Blackmon had intentions of transferring but reportedly will return for next year

Has this actually been confirmed anywhere that he is coming back? I’ve seen it posted on here 

2 hours ago, Cutter said:

I need more hope juice.  

I think we can deduce that Blackmon is a model student athlete becoming an all conference academic team member.  If he stays around one more year he will have his degree and also be immediately eligible to transfer and play without sitting out.  CAM benefits from having a mature true student athlete that already knows the system and can be a solid practice teammate.  Hoping that he will catch fire is more probable to end in disappointment.  There is no evidence other than his last name to suggest a switch will be flipped.  

I have no problem with him taking a scholarship, just can't wrap my mind around him being more than an apr stat stuffer, great teammate for practice and end of bench.  If he fits that role, great.  I'm also not going to act like he fills any glaring on court need.  

Have mentioned this on this board in the past. There is a younger Blackmon, that by all accounts, is the most talented of the three. My co-worker, who lives in Marion and is well connected to high school sports throughout central Indiana, has told me that IU keeping Vijay is a means of ensuring that the younger brother commits to IU. 

Take it for what its worth. My co-worker is an ex-official, knows most all the coaches around that neck of the woods, and is the unofficial "mayor" of Marion. I wouldn't question what he's saying for a minute.

1 hour ago, Cutter said:

Maybe the staff feels like Blackmon is the best shooter available and that is why he will be on scholarship next year

Is that really a thing?  I've seen it talked about and been in some of those discussions.....but I personally (not that I'm of any importance or anything) haven't seen anything confirming that.

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Have mentioned this on this board in the past. There is a younger Blackmon, that by all accounts, is the most talented of the three. My co-worker, who lives in Marion and is well connected to high school sports throughout central Indiana, has told me that IU keeping Vijay is a means of ensuring that the younger brother commits to IU. 

Take it for what its worth. My co-worker is an ex-official, knows most all the coaches around that neck of the woods, and is the unofficial "mayor" of Marion. I wouldn't question what he's saying for a minute.

It's already been noted strongly by some of our 'insider's that IU is not really recruiting the youngest.  

8 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I need more hope juice.  

I think we can deduce that Blackmon is a model student athlete becoming an all conference academic team member.  If he stays around one more year he will have his degree and also be immediately eligible to transfer and play without sitting out.  CAM benefits from having a mature true student athlete that already knows the system and can be a solid practice teammate.  Hoping that he will catch fire is more probable to end in disappointment.  There is no evidence other than his last name to suggest a switch will be flipped.  

I have no problem with him taking a scholarship, just can't wrap my mind around him being more than an aprstay stuffer, great teammate for practice and end of bench.  If he fits that role, great.  I'm also not going to act like he fills any glaring on court need.  

Yes I agree that the hope juice jug is about empty . Lol but at this point it is all we have even a big drink of hope juice isn’t putting a smile on my face

55 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I need more hope juice.  

I have no problem with him taking a scholarship, just can't wrap my mind around him being more than an aprstay stuffer, great teammate for practice and end of bench.  If he fits that role, great.  I'm also not going to act like he fills any glaring on court need.  

He is already a graduate transfer that had announced he was going to go play for Mike Davis at Detroit. So he would be eligible. Has that possibly changed? Maybe but I haven’t seen anything other than it appears he is still working out with the team at IU. 

50 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I don’t want the younger Blackmon at IU. He’s about 10th on my list of in state kids for 2021. For various reasons but mostly he doesn’t play hard and doesn’t defend on a consistent basis. 

41 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

He is already a graduate transfer that had announced he was going to go play for Mike Davis at Detroit. So he would be eligible. Has that possibly changed? Maybe but I haven’t seen anything other than it appears he is still working out with the team at IU. 

I missed that he graduated.  That's impressive since what I saw (could be incorrect) said he had played 2 years of 3, so he graduated in 3.  I have no clue of he's still working out on campus.  Just responding to the talk of him getting a scholly and to recommend brake checking all the hopefully expectations.  

Screenshot_20190522-111100.png

Archived