Favorite Beer Locations..

This is a topic gaining some steam on Twitter. It's not your favorite beer but where or when you've had your favorite beers. Could be as simple as at the end of yardwork day beer, or finishing a work project beer, or whatever. The answers online were pretty funny. Pat Forde chimed in with deadline filing beer. These are my favorite 5 beers. 

1) Boat Beer

2) Oceanfront/Beach Beer

3) Golf Course Beer

4) Wrigley Field (when air temps are warm) Beer

5) Soon to find out....Assembly Hall Beer

1. End of a 5k beer--before my knees gave out, the Al's Run in Milwaukee (Al McGuire) was sponsored by Miller and the participants got free beer at the end of the race.

2. Grilling out in the winter beer. Nothing like the crisp air and clear, starry nights.

3. Curling beer. One of the benefits of the sport, like bowling or golf, is that you can drink while you play.

4. Done mowing beer. Especially on hot days.

5. Oktoberfest beer--whether in Munich, or somewhere in the Midwest. Can't beat the atmosphere of beer, brats and polka music.

Post bowling alley refinishing beer (circa 1979) was quite excellent, because...

You could only refinish them in the summer (slow period for bowling alleys)

They had to turn the AC off because of all of the dust we created

You were cutting highly flammable lacquer off of the lanes dragging a drum sander around

To their credit, most bowling alley owners were quick to let us have free reign in the lounge after we were finished...For free! God bless em!

1. Grilling Beer (you could call it BBQ beer)

2. Beach Beer

3. Sports Beer (Tailgating, watching at home, at event, etc. Usually accompanied by team glass or coozie)

4. First Seasonal Beer for the Season Beer

5. Beer Beer (Having a beer for the beer itself. Could be new, special release, highly regarded, etc.)

6. Shower Beer 

7. Boat Beer

8. Pool Beer

I'm going to go with

1) Finishing a 15k Obstacle Course race when you are 60!

2) Anytime I feel like experimenting when cooking (just seems to add to the experiment)

3) Sailing on Lake Michigan

4) And I can't believe Rico didn't go here, but Fishing Beer!

By the way, I'm old but not that out of date, what is this shower beer you speak of?

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

I'm going to go with

1) Finishing a 15k Obstacle Course race when you are 60!

2) Anytime I feel like experimenting when cooking (just seems to add to the experiment)

3) Sailing on Lake Michigan

4) And I can't believe Rico didn't go here, but Fishing Beer!

By the way, I'm old but not that out of date, what is this shower beer you speak of?

Shower beer: simply take a cold beer in the shower and enjoy. 

7 hours ago, btownqb said:

Cant believe this hasnt been mentioned... "5pm or whatever time just got home from work Friday" beer

The time of day doesn't matter to me...however I only drink on days that end with a "Y".

• 3 months later...

A bit of a stretch, but since I get to celebrate my late 30's ancient son's first and hopefully only wedding net month!! I'm going with the reception at an outdoor sports bar, with sand volleyball and such!  I love volleyball, just hope the fact that I have zero lift left in my game, doesn't interfere with my or everyone else's enjoyment! 

27 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

A bit of a stretch, but since I get to celebrate my late 30's ancient son's first and hopefully only wedding net month!! I'm going with the reception at an outdoor sports bar, with sand volleyball and such!  I love volleyball, just hope the fact that I have zero lift left in my game, doesn't interfere with my or everyone else's enjoyment! 

That's why you drink the beer! For the hops!

Archived