Juwan Howard to Michigan

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Howard has on offer out to a 5* 2020 SG. If he can recruit at a high level, then he could be sitting in a good spot. 

As someone already pointed out, Howard is a Chicago guy.  Add Eisley who is a Detroit kid.  Then there is Martelli who spent a lot of years in Philly.  Pretty impressive.  I feel Juwan will succeed at UM, the question is will he stick around?

4 hours ago, rico said:

As someone already pointed out, Howard is a Chicago guy.  Add Eisley who is a Detroit kid.  Then there is Martelli who spent a lot of years in Philly.  Pretty impressive.  I feel Juwan will succeed at UM, the question is will he stick around?

He will likely be a lifer imo. Did you see him break down and cry in his introductory press conference? This means something special to Juwan Howard. 

17 minutes ago, Feathery said:

He will likely be a lifer imo. Did you see him break down and cry in his introductory press conference? This means something special to Juwan Howard. 

Yes I did, but Miami might call in a couple of years?

5 hours ago, rico said:

Yes I did, but Miami might call in a couple of years?

Maybe. I just don think it matters. Maybe if he wins a national title and then Miami comes calling. He has talked about how he still feels there is unfinished business from 25 years ago. 

2 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Maybe. I just don think it matters. Maybe if he wins a national title and then Miami comes calling. He has talked about how he still feels there is unfinished business from 25 years ago. 

It is all moot right now, he needs to be successful first.

12 hours ago, Feathery said:

Howard has on offer out to a 5* 2020 SG. If he can recruit at a high level, then he could be sitting in a good spot. 

We have no evidence he can coach. He may even know the game well but x’s and o’s are completely different...how many guys we see recruit 5*s year after year and still can’t win with them. He has a honeymoon period right now..and recruiting should bump up because of it...but it won’t last long if he can’t coach. Heck Tommy Anaker had the pedigree and he couldn’t win at Michigan. 

10 hours ago, dgambill said:

We have no evidence he can coach. He may even know the game well but x’s and o’s are completely different...how many guys we see recruit 5*s year after year and still can’t win with them. He has a honeymoon period right now..and recruiting should bump up because of it...but it won’t last long if he can’t coach. Heck Tommy Anaker had the pedigree and he couldn’t win at Michigan. 

Actually,  Amaker did win at Michigan.  He just couldn't get them into the NCAAT.  But he excelled in the NIT.

43 minutes ago, rico said:

Actually,  Amaker did win at Michigan.  He just couldn't get them into the NCAAT.  But he excelled in the NIT.

I always laughed when Crean was here and some of the people who wanted him gone so bad would bring up Amaker as a replacement. The guy couldn’t get it done at UM, but they thought he was a good idea here. 😂 Crean hatred at its finest. 

5 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I always laughed when Crean was here and some of the people who wanted him gone so bad would bring up Amaker as a replacement. The guy couldn’t get it done at UM, but they thought he was a good idea here. 😂 Crean hatred at its finest. 

Just like Crean, Tommy cleaned up a mess at UM.  However, he was never going to be our coach.  I think he had 6 years at Ann Arbor and never seemed to get over the hump.  Amaker should have stayed at Seton Hall.

11 minutes ago, rico said:

Just like Crean, Tommy cleaned up a mess at UM.  However, he was never going to be our coach.  I think he had 6 years at Ann Arbor and never seemed to get over the hump.  Amaker should have stayed at Seton Hall.

I always thought the same about him and Seton Hall. 

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

When the Georgetown job came open a couple of years ago I thought he would have been a good fit there too.  

Howard should clear the bar he set at UM though. Beilein’s bar is another matter. 

Agreed.

Archived