Justin Powell 2020 Commits to Auburn

dgambill

12 minutes ago, B_A said:

Offers this far per rivals:

JustinPOffersRivals.jpg

Seems he is coming to IU for a visit...might get an offer then. I’ll be honest...not too many good basketball players in Kentucky...good thing he has been hanging around those Indiana boys lol. That said I think he would commit to UK in an instant because of what UK means here...and Cal has been trying to placate the masses with more Kentucky kids that will stick around..so he has been trying to add one or two to the roster. Time will tell but he can play at all 3 levels...3..mid range...get to the hoop. At this point I’d say Xavier would be high up his list..would he close to home and likely playing time.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Seems he is coming to IU for a visit...might get an offer then. I’ll be honest...not too many good basketball players in Kentucky...good thing he has been hanging around those Indiana boys lol. That said I think he would commit to UK in an instant because of what UK means here...and Cal has been trying to placate the masses with more Kentucky kids that will stick around..so he has been trying to add one or two to the roster. Time will tell but he can play at all 3 levels...3..mid range...get to the hoop. At this point I’d say Xavier would be high up his list..would he close to home and likely playing time.

He visited UK recently as well. I would think his recruitment timeline will be dictated on the UK offer. Agree with your comments on Cal's new approach with home-grown talent.

3 minutes ago, B_A said:

He visited UK recently as well. I would think his recruitment timeline will be dictated on the UK offer. Agree with your comments on Cal's new approach with home-grown talent.

I just don’t know if he will get that UK offer. Going to be like the Allen situation...he will be over recruited a ton...have to sit for a couple years. Plus that offer might come late. We will see though. Surprised UL hasn’t gotten involved.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/23/2019 at 3:00 PM, dgambill said:

Seems he is coming to IU for a visit...might get an offer then. I’ll be honest...not too many good basketball players in Kentucky...good thing he has been hanging around those Indiana boys lol. That said I think he would commit to UK in an instant because of what UK means here...and Cal has been trying to placate the masses with more Kentucky kids that will stick around..so he has been trying to add one or two to the roster. Time will tell but he can play at all 3 levels...3..mid range...get to the hoop. At this point I’d say Xavier would be high up his list..would he close to home and likely playing 

• KDB changed the title to Justin Powell 2020 Commits to Auburn
Just now, dgambill said:

It was a long shot. We already offered Leal and Galloway and some other combo guards but I do wish him the best at Auburn. Hope he sticks it to UK.

You're not allowed to start any more threads.  Bad karma.  :coffee:

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I don’t think he ever even made it to his visit...which makes me wonder if Archie has been told of a commitment or two and so we canceled to save him time? Maybe?!!! I feel a commitment coming soon!

12 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Also I will say this...I think I’ve started one thread on recruits lol...if anyone should get banned from starting threads it should be the guy that started the thread for the catsup kid...lots more wasted energy and karma in that one lol!!!

• 1 year later...

Does anyone want to revisit this kid??

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/31034509/auburn-justin-powell-transfer-injury-shortened-freshman-hoops-season%3fplatform=amp
I know we have several guards but perhaps we just need better guards. Kid was lighting it up at Auburn...but going from their free flowing offense to ours may be a lot to ask.

Archived