Hassan Diarra Commits to Texas A&M

KDB

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had seen some links between IU and Diarra reported recently in the media, but was just going to ask how much Archie was pushing for him because I hadn't heard of visits.  I am glad to see we are in pursuit.  I like his tenacity and motor.  He seems like he'd be a nice long term fit and wouldn't be a problem for Lander either.

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I had seen some links between IU and Diarra reported recently in the media, but was just going to ask how much Archie was pushing for him because I hadn't heard of visits.  I am glad to see we are in pursuit.  I like his tenacity and motor.  He seems like he'd be a nice long term fit and wouldn't be a problem for Lander either.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

I hope he develops a better shot.

He reminds me of Simpson at Michigan...except a little bigger and better shot. He is going to be the Cleaves/Simpson/Khalid El-Amin type pg and that’s ok. We don’t have to have one singular type say in the Lander/Rob role.

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Seems to fit the profile. Tough, smart and a good defender 

Yes and loved the part about how hard he practices. With Rob and maybe Lander he may get limited minutes his first couple years but his practicing might be a huge benefit. Think of it like this. If we have one pg then how good is scrimmage and who pushes Rob? Practice is crucial. Plus at 6’2 with an attitude he won’t be pushed around. I like that.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Yes and loved the part about how hard he practices. With Rob and maybe Lander he may get limited minutes his first couple years but his practicing might be a huge benefit. Think of it like this. If we have one pg then how good is scrimmage and who pushes Rob? Practice is crucial. Plus at 6’2 with an attitude he won’t be pushed around. I like that.

At that size, and tough with an attitude,  he sounds like an Eric Bledsoe. Needs to work on his shooting, but so did Bledsoe.  I don't know what kind of athlete he is. Bledsoe was crazy fast.  Saw him play several times in high school,  and Bledsoe was a beast.

On 9/12/2019 at 11:04 PM, Hoosierinbham said:

At that size, and tough with an attitude,  he sounds like an Eric Bledsoe. Needs to work on his shooting, but so did Bledsoe.  I don't know what kind of athlete he is. Bledsoe was crazy fast.  Saw him play several times in high school,  and Bledsoe was a beast.

So long as he's better than Bledsoe academically (which is all but impossible not to be).

On 9/20/2019 at 9:00 PM, IU Scott said:

Hate to tell him but the Georgia fans are probably already tailgating for tomorrow's football game against ND

Had to be an awesome atmosphere in Georgia tonight. Do you suppose CTC told him they have the same following for basketball?  They probably don’t pull on 90k the entire year for basketball attendance. 

Archived