Hassan Diarra Commits to Texas A&M

KDB

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Zeisloft and Roth said:

Is it just me or are we terrible at recruiting kids from prep schools? I believe the last players we got from a prep school were Thomas Bryant and Curtis Jones (Huntington Prep). I like our chances even less since the prep school is located in the Northeast. 

Troy Williams from Oak Hill and would you call Park Tudor as prep school since that is where Yogi is from.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Troy Williams from Oak Hill and would you call Park Tudor as prep school since that is where Yogi is from.

So what you're telling me is that when we DO get kids from prep schools - they're really good (except Jones). I think Robert Johnson was also from a prep school.

I am not counting Park Tudor as they participate in IHSAA basketball.

Regardless, I don't like our chances here unless we have a hook with this kid - born in Indiana, father is besties with Bruiser, etc.

15 minutes ago, Zeisloft and Roth said:

So what you're telling me is that when we DO get kids from prep schools - they're really good (except Jones). I think Robert Johnson was also from a prep school.

I am not counting Park Tudor as they participate in IHSAA basketball.

Regardless, I don't like our chances here unless we have a hook with this kid - born in Indiana, father is besties with Bruiser, etc.

I like our chances based on who else has offered so far: Georgia, Texas Tech, Dayton and Rhode Island. 

Just now, Bedford1432 said:

If Immaculate Word goes after him we may be in trouble!

Interesting that Georgia (Crean), Texas Tech (Bob and Pat) and Dayton (Archie) are three of the schools. Interesting, very interesting. Waiting for Sampson and Davis to offer next. That being said if IW gets involved we're doomed.

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

source (1).gif

I prayed that I would never have to see this again. I will say this..I will worry about Archie’s recruiting when we bring in a kid like this lol. Archie seems to value his scholarships on a whole different level.

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

This kid could potentially be a reclass option as he has already graduated. He is probably planning on a prep year at this point but it could be an option.

Interesting...

May be better for him to reclassify and redshirt next year rather than play prep somewhere.

14 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

You'll need a painkilla and a couple Millas after watching the chilla and the thrilla named Prilla.

I always thought it would have been cool if, when Priller got off the bench to go in a game, the pep band would have broken into Michael Jackson's "Thriller" and the student section would have sung...

Cause this is Priller
Priller night
And no one’s gonna save you
From the beast about to strike
You know it’s Priller
Priller night
You’re fighting for your life
Inside a killer Priller tonight, yeah
Ahahahahahahahaha
I'm gonna bring it tonight

16 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Would love to sell him on a red shirt year. 

If he reclassifies, but redshirts, he's still essentially 2020.  Lander is 2021.  Rob will still be here for his Senior season.  That's a crowd at PG.  None of those guys are going to want to be 3rd string.

I know as a coach you have to seize opportunity, but I think signing a true point in '19 or '20 impacts the chances you have to get Lander.

22 hours ago, Zeisloft and Roth said:

Is it just me or are we terrible at recruiting kids from prep schools? I believe the last players we got from a prep school were Thomas Bryant and Curtis Jones (Huntington Prep). I like our chances even less since the prep school is located in the Northeast. 

You mentioned Curtis,word on the street is he is transferring....again.

Archived