Wisconsin assistant coach car crash - sad news

He is injured, his wife and daughter killed in a collision with a driver who was going the wrong way on a highway.  Happened in Michigan.

"University of Wisconsin men’s basketball assistant coach Howard Moore was involved in a multiple-vehicle crash early Saturday morning in Michigan that included three fatalities, including two members of Moore’s family.

Moore’s daughter Jaidyn died on the scene and his wife Jennifer died later at a hospital, according to reports. Moore was seriously injured, while his son Jerell escaped with minor injuries.

According to a story on MLive.com, a 23-year-old driver going the wrong way on a highway northeast of Ann Arbor caused the accident at 2:04 a.m. The female driver of the wrong-way vehicle was pronounced dead at the scene."

99cb0683-231f-40b3-8499-b3fcd303c951-Scr

44 minutes ago, Officer Obie said:

Beautiful family. I have no words.

Agree with you OO. Can't say I knew much about Coach Moore before this horrible accident.  However, reading that he was a great people person, who everyone loved when they met him.  Yes. A beautiful family. And a tragedy. 

6 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Really tragic news for Badger fans and all of the Big Ten ! May they turn to God and pray for a way to survive this ! 

Words of wisdom, HTD.  Thanks.  It is my understanding that Coach Moore came out of his coma, on Sunday morning. And has been told about the totality of the tragic event.

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Words of wisdom, HTD.  Thanks.  It is my understanding that Coach Moore came out of his coma, on Sunday morning. And has been told about the totality of the tragic event.

Didn't know he was in a coma. I can't imagine what his son was going through. Your mom and your sister were killed, your dad is in a coma. I'm sure there was some kind of support for him, whether it be extended family, friends, etc, but wow....you couldn't help but feel alone in the world at that point.

It is unfortunate that life can change so rapidly.  I cant imagine what Coach Moore is going through.

I held my dads hand as he died from a heart attack.  That is hard enough, but it doesn't compare to losing a wife and kid.  I will pray for him and hope he gets the support and strength he needs to get through this.

6 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Didn't know he was in a coma. I can't imagine what his son was going through. Your mom and your sister were killed, your dad is in a coma. I'm sure there was some kind of support for him, whether it be extended family, friends, etc, but wow....you couldn't help but feel alone in the world at that point.

Howard Moore upgraded to stable condition

Still, has a long road to go. Many surgeries ahead due to burns. 

Very sad news. My heart goes out to the Moores.  It’s the worst nightmare.   I wonder what the woman driving the car going the wrong way will have on a toxicology report, although she paid dearly with her life as well.  Maybe she was just sleepy, we will likely find out.  But in the age of Uber, you have an option to get a ride that couldn’t be any easier.  

Praying for a full recovery for the survivors.  Very, very sad situation.  

That family picture really struck me.  Beautiful family, obviously.  It looks a lot like a place in Koehler, Wisconsin that I went to with my family.  

Archived