Luke Goode (2021) Commits to Illinois

11 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Absolutely right. I think Goode should be offered. If Louisville thinks he’s good enough, why don’t we? Sounds like with family ties, we’d be tough to beat here.

I hate to type this, but an Indiana offer isn’t nearly as sexy as we want it to be. Butler gets good players and are ranked consistently. Just baffles me at times why we wait or just don’t pursue some players.

I believe Goode will be offered.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Absolutely right. I think Goode should be offered. If Louisville thinks he’s good enough, why don’t we? Sounds like with family ties, we’d be tough to beat here.

I hate to type this, but an Indiana offer isn’t nearly as sexy as we want it to be. Butler gets good players and are ranked consistently. Just baffles me at times why we wait or just don’t pursue some players.

People were saying this same thing about Leal and Galloway this time last year about not offering early.  The coaching staff watched them and finally decided to offer and was able to still get them even offering them later than we thought they should.

12 hours ago, DC2345 said:

But Goode is worried about Leal and that is the problem. He sees a logjam of wings whether they can shoot or not that's still a lot of guys competing for playing time. 

If we somehow had all of Wesley, Goode, Galloway, Geronimo, and Leal, that would be really good competition and give us formidable depth at the 2 and 3.  I think the minutes would work out.  Injuries are inevitable.  Maybe somebody drops off. Maybe Geronimo gets minutes at the 4.  Maybe we throw out a position less unit at times like the ‘89 Illini.  It always works out.  Hopefully Archie and Goode line up on this. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Can someone refresh me on Goode and IU. Any additional interest here or was our assistant at his game for Furst only?

I don’t think he has an offer and I believe I heard he has family that played at IU...maybe Trent Green?? It’s interesting...we have Leal, Galloway, Geronimo already coming in...and seem to be prioritizing Wesley. Might just be on the outside looking in. Seems to be a numbers game working against him nothing about talent.

54 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don’t think he has an offer and I believe I heard he has family that played at IU...maybe Trent Green?? It’s interesting...we have Leal, Galloway, Geronimo already coming in...and seem to be prioritizing Wesley. Might just be on the outside looking in. Seems to be a numbers game working against him nothing about talent.

Ok....one more quick question. Are Furst and he locked and loaded wanting to play together? Would be a shame to miss on a kid like Furst because numbers game for Goode. If that's the case I would say Sparty will enjoy both. Darn. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Ok....one more quick question. Are Furst and he locked and loaded wanting to play together? Would be a shame to miss on a kid like Furst because numbers game for Goode. If that's the case I would say Sparty will enjoy both. Darn. 

I haven’t seen anywhere that Goode and Furst want to play together. It wouldn’t surprise me though as they are both from Fort Wayne and AAU teammates. Furst has an IU offer. Goode doesn’t but IU has kept tabs and stayed in contact I believe. Goode is afraid of the logjam at the wing spots. 

8 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I haven’t seen anywhere that Goode and Furst want to play together. It wouldn’t surprise me though as they are both from Fort Wayne and AAU teammates. Furst has an IU offer. Goode doesn’t but IU has kept tabs and stayed in contact I believe. Goode is afraid of the logjam at the wing spots. 

Luke better be concerned about gaining some weight.  JMO

1 minute ago, rico said:

Luke better be concerned about gaining some weight.  JMO

Maybe but people have said that about Sean McDermott every year but I’d take him at IU in a heartbeat. He’s gotten stronger every year at Butler even though it might not be noticeable. I can’t say since I don’t know how strong Goode is.

3 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Maybe but people have said that about Sean McDermott every year but I’d take him at IU in a heartbeat. He’s gotten stronger every year at Butler even though it might not be noticeable. I can’t say since I don’t know how strong Goode is.

Luke hasn't grown into his frame yet...he pretty much looks like a scrawny young man.  Nothing wrong with that.  

I don’t understand the worry about the logjam....if you’re good enough, come take a spot! Not every player we recruit should start from day 1. Feel like that’s a lot of assumptions nowadays. Perhaps I’m wrong. 

people would be salty if we recruited a Kyle Hornsby type player in 2020, or beyond. Be a 2 year starter and get better over your first 2 years! Not everyone comes in and starts. 

45 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

He wasn’t super healthy his last 2 years of high school. That may have ended any recruitment we were giving, if any. Glad to see him playing well, he deserves it.

1 hour ago, Coach Robby said:

He wasn’t super healthy his last 2 years of high school. That may have ended any recruitment we were giving, if any. Glad to see him playing well, he deserves it.

Yeah the staff infection was an issue that he struggled with. Crean wanted him but was to late. He’s always worked at it and it is paying off.

1 hour ago, Coach Robby said:

I don’t understand the worry about the logjam....if you’re good enough, come take a spot! Not every player we recruit should start from day 1. Feel like that’s a lot of assumptions nowadays. Perhaps I’m wrong. 

people would be salty if we recruited a Kyle Hornsby type player in 2020, or beyond. Be a 2 year starter and get better over your first 2 years! Not everyone comes in and starts. 

I agree. I just know it’s been said that the number of wings is a concern especially with 3 in the class in front of him.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Have no idea why parents would let their kids go to that campus with all of the things that have happened there the last  few years.

Just offering up what was posted in this thread from last July. Furst/Goode want to play together. Obvious family ties to IU. Goode was mad we haven't offered. Guess time will tell but this has all the makings of another Ft Wayne kid or kids headed elsewhere. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just offering up what was posted in this thread from last July. Furst/Goode want to play together. Obvious family ties to IU. Goode was mad we haven't offered. Guess time will tell but this has all the makings of another Ft Wayne kid or kids headed elsewhere. 

Hate seeing MSU keep getting Indiana kids but they seem to get a lot from he Fort Wayne area.

Archived