Luke Goode (2021) Commits to Illinois

No offense to those posting on how Luke’s season will go but maybe we can take it to PM. I am not a big fan of rooting for a kid to do poorly or taking satisfaction in it...not that anyone is being vulgar or hostile but it just doesn’t look good for recruits and their families that may visit the board. Besides...I think we can let this thread die out and we can revisit Luke’s performance in the General college season thread when that time comes. Just my two cents lol.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dgambill said:

No offense to those posting on how Luke’s season will go but maybe we can take it to PM. I am not a big fan of rooting for a kid to do poorly or taking satisfaction in it...not that anyone is being vulgar or hostile but it just doesn’t look good for recruits and their families that may visit the board. Besides...I think we can let this thread die out and we can revisit Luke’s performance in the General college season thread when that time comes. Just my two cents lol.

Agree. Not sure why this is happening.

1 hour ago, labeck81 said:

Agree. Not sure why this is happening.

rooting for him to do poorly? 

Nahhh... regardless of some silly bet, I'd never root against a kid, who by all means seems like a wonderful individual. 

Couple of you need to lighten up BIG time though. 

Like I literally hope Luke torches my words... hope I eat a bucket of crow. I hope he's the next Kyle Korver and has a long, lustrous career in the NBA or wherever. 

There's literally not a poster on here that cheers for young people more than I do. Lol 

Whatever. Its a forum. 

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

rooting for him to do poorly? 

Nahhh... regardless of some silly bet, I'd never root against a kid, who by all means seems like a wonderful individual. 

Couple of you need to lighten up BIG time though. 

just feels out of the recruiting board relevancy...make it a topic for general IU basketball stuff

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Like I literally hope Luke torches my words... hope I eat a bucket of crow. I hope he's the next Kyle Korver and has a long, lustrous career in the NBA or wherever. 

There's literally not a poster on here that cheers for young people more than I do. Lol 

Whatever. Its a forum. 

Sorry I didn’t mean make it a personal thing about you guys. I know it didn’t have any maliciousness behind it. Just seemed unnecessarily negative to put in the thread of the kid and a family with strong IU ties. Usually these threads die so to keep it open and have people take shots at his box score or he should stick to football amongst people betting if he can score 4pts guess I took it more negative then I shoulded. Just know we have a lot of visitors and it didn’t represent how we discuss recruits and our Indiana HS kids in the best light...so I thought a private discussion was more in order. Again I’m not offended nor do I think that was anyone’s attention...just maybe not necessary I suppose....but it’s a forum...free expression and what not..your opinions are every bit as important and valuable than my own or anyone else. 

Archived