Luke Goode (2021) Commits to Illinois

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

So I have a question for the mods... when a recruit commits to us within an hour that thread is moved to the general conversation thread but when a recruit commits to a different school it stays in this thread for daysssss. Is it just of no concern because they are a non IU player, is it just don’t think about it, or is it something else. Yes I could absolutely ignore the thread but dang my OCD gets the best of me hahaha. I’m not upset or anything my curiosity gets the best of me and I wonder what the thought process is.

You think we have a process? Bless your heart.😃

5 hours ago, Colonialcrester said:
  23 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

So I have a question for the mods... when a recruit commits to us within an hour that thread is moved to the general conversation thread but when a recruit commits to a different school it stays in this thread for daysssss. Is it just of no concern because they are a non IU player, is it just don’t think about it, or is it something else. Yes I could absolutely ignore the thread but dang my OCD gets the best of me hahaha. I’m not upset or anything my curiosity gets the best of me and I wonder what the thought process is

Seriously, we don't have an agreed on process. It depends on which mod sees it first. That usually sets a precedent and we just continue doing it that way. The general basketball forum is the most read forum so if a mod thinks more people should see it then it is moved to the general forum.

1 minute ago, Colonialcrester said:

Seriously, we don't have an agreed on process. It depends on which mod sees it first. That usually sets a precedent and we just continue doing it that way. The general basketball forum is the most read forum so if a mod thinks more people should see it then it is moved to the general forum.

Ok that’s fair. I appreciate the response. I guess I just have always looked at it as once a recruit commits to somewhere they no longer belong in the recruiting thread.

4 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Ok that’s fair. I appreciate the response. I guess I just have always looked at it as once a recruit commits to somewhere they no longer belong in the recruiting thread.

Maybe we can update the title to say that they have signed with another school. I know people do not want the threads deleted.

9 hours ago, Colonialcrester said:

Maybe we can update the title to say that they have singed with another school. I know people do not want the threads deleted.

Yeah, I don't see deleting it or locking the thread.  They'll likely slide to to second page eventually anyway, but you never know when they might become relevant again.

On 4/18/2020 at 5:52 PM, Seeking6 said:

I'll double and triple down on this as well. All respect to the Goode family, their IU ties,etc.....he is not even in the same area code of Armaan. Just isn't. 

I'm still trying to figure out my Double/Triple down instincts and wonder why AF lost playing time down the stretch???  All my Hoosier buddies in the 574 were like Where's AF been lately?  I love this kids tenacity and he really started to hit clutch shots late just like Jerome Hunter!  I don't know squat about Goode as it's too far out for me but someday we will look back to AF's Fr season and see the transformation late!!

On 4/16/2020 at 8:53 AM, BruceDouglas said:

JCL was a strange case. Shot the hell out of the ball his 1st year at Illinois and then got worse every season. Never really developed any other part of his game, either. Kind of surprised he even asked for another season.

He's now in transfer portal....haha. 

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

He's now in transfer portal....haha. 

Odd piece of trivia, DePaul had Illinois' 2 top 2015 recruits on their roster at the end of this past season. DJ Williams had transferred mid season as a grad transfer from GW. Now with JCL leaving...those 2 have had some strange career paths.

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, btownqb said:

Yeah I'll take that bet. Have no idea what the wager will be... Goode should have played football. 

We’ll wager the grand prize of every message board bet... Getting to tell an anonymous stranger on the internet that you were right and he was wrong, lol.

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Huge, huge payout. Give me an extra point... 4pts total or less. 

Haha nahhh, you don’t get to dredge up a four month old post and then change the bet.  Plus my original post was comparing Goode’s impact as a freshman to Anderson (1.5 ppg as a freshman) and Franklin (3.7 ppg as a freshman).    3 ppg, take it or leave it.

3 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Haha nahhh, you don’t get to dredge up a four month old post and then change the bet.  Plus my original post was comparing Goode’s impact as a freshman to Anderson (1.5 ppg as a freshman) and Franklin (3.7 ppg as a freshman).    3 ppg, take it or leave it.

ppg isn't impact. But ok lol 

Frankin is better to a lot better then Goode. 

On 8/8/2020 at 10:05 PM, BobSaccamanno said:

I am all in on the name Meechie.  

Speaking of names, the announcer on the stream pronounced it as Luke Goody.  And Logan Doocomb. Shows you can never assume how a name is pronounced.  I'm joking, but I was disappointed Logan's surname wasn't pronounced as "Dunk-em". 😁

Archived