Luke Goode (2021) Commits to Illinois

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

You’re probably not wrong. Will be interesting to see if he gets offered. 

I would be baffled if he doesn't get an offer. Painter has had a lot of contact with him and there is the Biggie connection. 

He shot 36% from 3 as a frosh and soph. He is only going to get better and will likely play more of a 3 in college. 

Maryland has offered. Just a matter of time. 

25 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

I would be baffled if he doesn't get an offer. Painter has had a lot of contact with him and there is the Biggie connection. 

He shot 36% from 3 as a frosh and soph. He is only going to get better and will likely play more of a 3 in college. 

Maryland has offered. Just a matter of time. 

Be interesting to see what Purdue does. They only have 2 scholarships available for next year unless they bank one, which in way makes sense with how talented next year's in-state class is. Purdue has made a living recruiting the secondary in-state kids (75-200 level rated recruits) and there's plenty to choose from in next years class.

59 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Be interesting to see what Purdue does. They only have 2 scholarships available for next year unless they bank one, which in way makes sense with how talented next year's in-state class is. Purdue has made a living recruiting the secondary in-state kids (75-200 level rated recruits) and there's plenty to choose from in next years class.

It will indeed. I think Purdue wants a big in this class (Hunter Dickinson is the main target). Would love to have 3 scholarships for the 2021 in-state class since the 2022 class in-state seems to be pretty weak right now. 

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It will indeed. I think Purdue wants a big in this class (Hunter Dickinson is the main target). Would love to have 3 scholarships for the 2021 in-state class since the 2022 class in-state seems to be pretty weak right now. 

Yeah and if they can sell Furst on playing the 4 (a smart move) then they would have a very scary front court for the next several years because I think Williams is going to be a talented B1G.

ITH has some highlights up: https://www.insidethehall.com/2019/08/02/nike-eybl-highlights-2021-guard-luke-goode/

Looks like a good shooter but I don't see quite the same spark of toughness and athleticism that you see in Leal and Galloway. Of course, those two are a year older. I don't blame Archie for not offering yet. Let's see how he develops over the high school season and April AAU. After all, that's when both Leal and Galloway got their offers so it's not "late" by any means.

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2019 at 8:28 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

ITH has some highlights up: https://www.insidethehall.com/2019/08/02/nike-eybl-highlights-2021-guard-luke-goode/

Looks like a good shooter but I don't see quite the same spark of toughness and athleticism that you see in Leal and Galloway. Of course, those two are a year older. I don't blame Archie for not offering yet. Let's see how he develops over the high school season and April AAU. After all, that's when both Leal and Galloway got their offers so it's not "late" by any means.

Yes I agree. Considering our last three recruits being Franklin 19, Galloway 20, Leal 20, and Geronimo 20 are all wings 6’4-6’6 range that’s a lot to play behind...or over come to jump into more playing time. I also am not crazy about his shot. Obviously he is a good shooter but he is really slow to gather and shoot...sometimes he actually drops the ball down to his waist to start his shot. I don’t like that low release. Just an observation...it isn’t a deal breaker obviously but a concern on the next level for me. Does anyone think that too?

10 hours ago, dgambill said:

Yes I agree. Considering our last three recruits being Franklin 19, Galloway 20, Leal 20, and Geronimo 20 are all wings 6’4-6’6 range that’s a lot to play behind...or over come to jump into more playing time. I also am not crazy about his shot. Obviously he is a good shooter but he is really slow to gather and shoot...sometimes he actually drops the ball down to his waist to start his shot. I don’t like that low release. Just an observation...it isn’t a deal breaker obviously but a concern on the next level for me. Does anyone think that too?

He can shoot it that’s for sure. The form and release aren’t that big of an issue right now and he has time to speed that up. The way he moves reminds me a lot of Sean McDermott at. Butler though if I’m going to compare him to someone based on that video.

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, HoosierKix said:

I really think that this Kid should be right with Wesley almost tied for third priority in 2021 behind only Lander and Kaufman. We always need shooting and this can definitely shoot and has a high basketball IQ from what I have seen.

He definitely has the size Archie is looking for. Has anyone here seen him in person and can comment on his shooting and athleticism?

6 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

He definitely has the size Archie is looking for. Has anyone here seen him in person and can comment on his shooting and athleticism?

Great shooter, very smart, 2 sport athlete. Starting QB for Homestead who went 13-1 this year. His uncle is Trent Green and father played football for IU. Plenty of athleticism. Problem (which he admits) is he is very much in the mold of Leal and Galloway... so he is worried we won't "need" him.

2 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I saw both Goode and Wesley at the IU team camp this summer among other places.  They are both clear D1 talents, but where Wesley separates himself is with ball handling, quickness, and the ability to create.  Goode only just played okay at the team camp with Archie watching closely, while Wesley was exceptional.  I think that is where the prioritization of Wesley over Goode started.  I see Wesley with the potential to be a overall star while Goode seems more like a very good role player.  Obviously both have two years of high school left so much can change.

3 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Great shooter, very smart, 2 sport athlete. Starting QB for Homestead who went 13-1 this year. His uncle is Trent Green and father played football for IU. Plenty of athleticism. Problem (which he admits) is he is very much in the mold of Leal and Galloway... so he is worried we won't "need" him.

Specifically Leal.  I see them as being very similar players.  Wesley is more Galloway in that he can play 1-3 which is the versatility Archie is looking for.

On 11/27/2019 at 9:30 AM, IndySportsPartizan said:

Didn't know that about his connection to Trent Green. That makes things more interesting.

Archived