Luke Goode (2021) Commits to Illinois

16 hours ago, DocHoosier said:

I know it’s been said that he is concerned about available playing time with Galloway and Leal coming in the class above him, but does anyone actually know this to be true or are people projecting why he may not be interested in IU even if they offer?

His family told me that he is personally concerned that he wouldn't get an offer because of those 2 and him being a similar mold of player. That was over the summer, things may have changed since i.e. Archie realizing he needs shooters more than maybe he once thought. 

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

His family told me that he is personally concerned that he wouldn't get an offer because of those 2 and him being a similar mold of player. That was over the summer, things may have changed since i.e. Archie realizing he needs shooters more than maybe he once thought. 

Thank you for your insight! Always grateful for your presence at HSN

4 hours ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

So he is concerned about not getting an offer?  I think the narrative seemed to be he was concerned about pt.

Sweet Shot Luke.   Keep working buddy.   The offer will come.  

6 hours ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Out of curiosity. Has anyone told him or his family the timeline of when Leal/Galloway got their offers and still ended up at IU?

8 hours ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Considering we are in desperate need for guards and by his sophomore year Rob, Al, Green, and Damezi will be gone leaving us just our Armaan and the incoming class plus anyone from his class at the guards and wings basically he should have every opportunity for playing time he could expect at a power conference.

16 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Considering we are in desperate need for guards and by his sophomore year Rob, Al, Green, and Damezi will be gone leaving us just our Armaan and the incoming class plus anyone from his class at the guards and wings basically he should have every opportunity for playing time he could expect at a power conference.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.  @IndySportsPartizan literally just said in the post you quoted he's worried about an offer comimg his way, not pt 

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

This is exactly what I'm talking about.  @IndySportsPartizan literally just said in the post you quoted he's worried about an offer comimg his way, not pt 

I think he will get an offer this summer. Archie has worked really hard on a few highly ranked kids in and out of state. I think he will get a feel for those kids plus wait like he did with Galloway and Leal. Last things Archie wants to do is paint himself in a corner with a kid that might love to come to IU and we miss on someone he has been working on for a long time...or a late riser like Geronimo. I think unless the kid is close to a burger boy in state Archie feels like kids will wait for an IU offer or it will sway them from someone else...so he is willing to wait to offer them out to in state kids. Might be true might not...but I feel he thinks that.

18 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I would guess it has more to do with this being a week night game. Those almost always have much lower attendance and that's everywhere. 

It was a very late game too. Sis has to drive two hours to teach at the dental school in the morning or I would not have gotten her tickets. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Doesn't look like IU will offer by the time he decides. I know he if waiting and waiting for that offer. 

Surprised to see him hang up the helmet though. Long line of football stars. His cousin just transferred to play WR at Notre Dame. 

When is he deciding?

3 hours ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Doesn't look like IU will offer by the time he decides. I know he if waiting and waiting for that offer. 

Surprised to see him hang up the helmet though. Long line of football stars. His cousin just transferred to play WR at Notre Dame. 

If you’re an elite athlete in both sports like Goode, you’d be insane to choose football.  Way more money in basketball, and way easier on the body.

4 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

If you’re an elite athlete in both sports like Goode, you’d be insane to choose football.  Way more money in basketball, and way easier on the body.

Wasn’t he a qb? They make as much as any elite athlete. I’d say going to be difficult to make it pro in any sport...even for an elite athlete like Goode. Although international ball might be an option. I say do what makes you happiest. 

7 hours ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

I hope (a) Archie doesn’t over-think it and offers by April or May as he did with Galloway and Leal last year, and 

(b) Goode hangs on for IU and doesn’t mind that we have Trey, Geronimo, Leal and maybe even Wesley.  It can all work out.  

Recall the depth of talent IU recruited at the 2/3 positions in the early 90s. G Graham, P Graham, Bailey, Cheaney etc. 

It works out.  

Goode looks ideal for IU. Great form. Nice release.  Sweet jumper.  Excellent length.  Fiesty.  IU bloodlines. He’s an obvious offer, IMO.  No need to overthink it.  What’s most bemusing is why the coaches are screwing around with guys like Louis Lesmond.  I’m sure he’s a fine player but let’s get our own guy, with the talent, attitude, and Indiana bloodlines. 

With Archie targeting Wesley another guard and likely another pg....that really doesn’t leave minutes for Goode. That said if Wesley goes elsewhere and we don’t offer Goode...that would hurt. But we have to remember Archie is also in deep on the Mohammad kid too...only so many wing spots.

59 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Wasn’t he a qb? They make as much as any elite athlete. I’d say going to be difficult to make it pro in any sport...even for an elite athlete like Goode. Although international ball might be an option. I say do what makes you happiest. 

NBA role players make more money than all but the top 10 QBs, and unlike the NFL, it’s all guaranteed.  And there are way more opportunities to get paid playing basketball internationally, like you said.  Being a basketball player is a way better gig than being a football player, and it’s not close.

4 hours ago, HoosierKix said:

Are we recruiting him hard or no? It seems like there’s a lot of mixed Info on Mr. Goode at this moment I’ve heard that he probably won’t get an offer but others have said that He is leaning towards IU 

The offer is likely coming soon. He’s wanted an IU offer for a while.

Archived