Early 25 and 1 poll

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO, this year will be the changing of the guard from the old to the new culture.    Not all the Crean players are gone but IMO, only Deron and Devonte remain. RP seems to be the PG that IU needs. I expect the team will be slightly better than .500 and maybe push 20+ wins if Hunter plays, smith steps up his game, Deron is healthy, and Devonte plays like a senior.    While many felt Romeo didn't meet expectations maybe TJD exceeds them. A lot of ifs but a lot of unexpected things went wrong last year. Time to balance it out. 

57 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Ill be disappointed but with lowered expectations, I don't have any expectation of making the tourney.  

I went into the last two seasons fully expecting to make the tourney and was wrong each time. This year my expectations are low so I certainly will not be let down if we do not make the NCAA. I will not be happy but it will not be this big let down like last year.  I kind of have the same expectations I did going into Crean's third year at IU or it kind of has the same feel. 

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Man if there is another year where the Hoosiers do not make the Dance, the fan base will go nuts.

Just sayin'...

Some will but a big group will also say you have to give him time, he needs a full recruiting cycle, it was a big rebuild, etc. There will be plenty of Archie defenders even if he misses the tourney. 

i just spent 20 minutes trying to come up with a post that truly expresses how i feel about this team and i just can't.  I just don't have much left in me that makes me excited about Indiana basketball and it makes me a little sad.  I grew up watching IU with my dad and it was some of the most exciting and frustrating times of my life.  But now, i just can't get excited for a 20 win season, being in the the top 4 of the conference, and making the dance.  I am tired of excuses and i am out of patience.  

3 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

i just spent 20 minutes trying to come up with a post that truly expresses how i feel about this team and i just can't.  I just don't have much left in me that makes me excited about Indiana basketball and it makes me a little sad.  I grew up watching IU with my dad and it was some of the most exciting and frustrating times of my life.  But now, i just can't get excited for a 20 win season, being in the the top 4 of the conference, and making the dance.  I am tired of excuses and i am out of patience.  

This is about where I’m at as well, those of us 40 and older grew up watching and enjoying a much different Indiana University. I will watch and hopefully be pleasantly surprised, we’ll see.

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

But now, i just can't get excited for a 20 win season, being in the the top 4 of the conference, and making the dance.  I am tired of excuses and i am out of patience.  

Not excited about 20 wins, top 4 in the conference and making the tourney? It’s getting to the point where it feels those results would actually almost be a dream scenario..........

I'm not sure what it will take to wear me down to y'all's level.  I'm always hopeful at the beginning of the season.  Even at the start of Crean's first season when I knew the team was going to get shellacked, I was hopeful for the direction of the program.  I was much more wary (but still cautiously hopeful) when Kelvin Sampson's tenure began (turns out I was right to be concerned).  

Hope springs eternal for this sunshine pumper.  I've been knocked back to reality more times than I care to remember, but I absolutely will start the 2019-2020 season with hope.  It's just so much more enjoyable than starting the season depressed!:jumprope:

37 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

Not excited about 20 wins, top 4 in the conference and making the tourney? It’s getting to the point where it feels those results would actually almost be a dream scenario..........

It would be a strange year if we had 20 wins but was still able to finish top 4 in conference.  

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

It would be a strange year if we had 20 wins but was still able to finish top 4 in conference.  

I remember in '04-'05 the team finished 4th in conference and only won 15 overall.  Mike Davis was touting we should be in the tournsment  because 'we finished 4th!'

31 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm not sure what it will take to wear me down to y'all's level.  I'm always hopeful at the beginning of the season.  Even at the start of Crean's first season when I knew the team was going to get shellacked, I was hopeful for the direction of the program.  I was much more wary (but still cautiously hopeful) when Kelvin Sampson's tenure began (turns out I was right to be concerned).  

Hope springs eternal for this sunshine pumper.  I've been knocked back to reality more times than I care to remember, but I absolutely will start the 2019-2020 season with hope.  It's just so much more enjoyable than starting the season depressed!:jumprope:

You see its not depression.  Its apathy.  At least if i was depressed about the season it would mean i cared.  I just don't care

19 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I remember in '04-'05 the team finished 4th in conference and only won 15 overall.  Mike Davis was touting we should be in the tournsment  because 'we finished 4th!'

Strange indeed.  Also a 16 game conference.  For it to happen this year would be about a 6 or 7 win non conference before putting together a 13-7 or 14-6 conference and of course in typical IU fashion, losing first game of B1G tourney.  

11 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

You see its not depression.  Its apathy.  At least if i was depressed about the season it would mean i cared.  I just don't care

You care enough to keep posting.  I think you are acutely hopeful.  Maybe you are rewarded and the wins flow and along with that hope,and ultimately comes IUs return to prominence.  Worth noting that the hope is acute, and almost dead.  Fortunately, you're not entering the 'Inferno' just yet.

5 hours ago, PoHoosier said:

You care enough to keep posting.  I think you are acutely hopeful.  Maybe you are rewarded and the wins flow and along with that hope,and ultimately comes IUs return to prominence.  Worth noting that the hope is acute, and almost dead.  Fortunately, you're not entering the 'Inferno' just yet.

I like to discuss basketball and IU basketball in general.  And i think posting helps my soul some since i live in Iowa, and no one around knows anything about being good :) 

Next season is all about guys stepping up.   There are so many ???'s with this team.  And until we play a few games it's really hard to say how far the team will go.   My expectation is always to make the dance so missing again will be disappointing.  Honestly I don't see a top 25 team.  Maybe a bubble team at best.   Again it all comes down to guys stepping up and filling the scoring rolls of Romeo and Juwan.  Not having a consistent 18ppg or so player will make for a long season.   

Go Hoosiers!!!

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Then find something else to do instead of being a Debbie downer on here.  If you truly do not care why do you spend some of our free time talking about a team who don't care about it.

Archived