2019 NBA Draft

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I just google NBA mock draft and read the Strength and Weakness.

Not sure why you guys are jumping on me.  I just made a guess base don what i read.  I honestly don't care where he get drafted.  Not much of an NBA fan just made a random guess with what i have read.

color me chastised and will no longer post on this topic

I wasn't chastising you (?). Just responded to your post regarding what you were reading and why you thought he'd go that low. Thing is, who knows. He could fall because his injury left question marks, because there are Euro players no one is talking about, because teams up are drafting a different need etc. All that said, based on what he did at IU, the skill set he showed, which translates directly to NBA ball, his scoring ability, his length, athleticism, etc., and the way most scouts are evaluating him, I'd be surprised if he falls lower than 15 or so. We'll see.

46 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Based on research. I'd be surprised if Romeo falls past 12 at Charlotte. The article I read said with Jeremy Lamb probably departing they'll have an immediate need for a guy like Romeo when they pick 12th. 

Yeah, and Miami and the Hawks both look like pretty good fits. Here's to hoping whoever drafts him reflects a good fit for him.

58 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

CBS has Romeo dropping to Charlotte because of his shooting woes, but behind Nassir Little and Cam Reddish, who shot worse.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2019-nba-mock-draft-virginias-deandre-hunter-is-best-available-pick-for-the-lakers-at-no-4/

If that happens, Romeo going to Charlotte with the 12th pick,  it is a decent move up compared to the 16th-18th predictions I have seen.

13 hours ago, 5fouls said:

CBS has Romeo dropping to Charlotte because of his shooting woes, but behind Nassir Little and Cam Reddish, who shot worse.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2019-nba-mock-draft-virginias-deandre-hunter-is-best-available-pick-for-the-lakers-at-no-4/

And Edwards to the Warriors in the 1st. That's the perfect fit for him. "Want to be a long range bomber in the NBA? Here, learn from Steph Curry and Klay Thompson."

Not sure that's the ideal pick for GS, but Carsen couldn't draw up a better landing spot.

I am completely lost as to why Garland is predicted to go 4th in a couple mock scenarios. Blind leading the blind here or what?

I don’t see NBA caliber potential in this kid even 5 years from now yet some of the “pro” scouts see him as a lottery pick? 

Whats you alls thoughts? I see him as an obvious bust NBA wise and see him setting sail over seas.

13 minutes ago, Inequality said:

I am completely lost as to why Garland is predicted to go 4th in a couple mock scenarios. Blind leading the blind here or what?

I don’t see NBA caliber potential in this kid even 5 years from now yet some of the “pro” scouts see him as a lottery pick? 

Whats you alls thoughts? I see him as an obvious bust NBA wise and see him setting sail over seas.

It’s pure projection. 

He could prove to be a good NBA player, but the body of work is not there, period. Injured almost the entire season, he hasn’t shown at a level that merits top 5 or even lottery. On what I know, and considering the proven prospects, he wouldn’t be in my top 10.

But on the flip side, if we look at his projected draft position (right or wrong) as how a high school prospect, direct to NBA might project, he has next level point guard ability and athleticism, and maybe there’s enough there, I really don’t know his game well enough to say that’s wrong  

2 reasons guys get drafted. Projection and Production. For the first time in what I feel like years we are starting to see GM's actually drafting more of the production guys instead of a guy who they hope will turn into an everyday starter. Probably because if the GM keeps drafting on projection he won't be around to see the production.

On 6/13/2019 at 8:13 PM, 5fouls said:

I think there is a lot of fool's gold in this draft.  I would not be surprised to see a lot of 2nd rounders and/or undrafted players have better careers than some Top 10 picks.

And Juwan Morgan says hello.

On 6/13/2019 at 7:17 PM, Inequality said:

It's really fascinating what 5 college games against inferior opponents has done for Garland given one of his HS counterparts, Darius Bazley, was only 3 spots behind him in the rankings and is not coming off injury. Bazley is now expected to be a 2nd round pick because he "sat out a year" even though he was spending all his time training for the NBA and not balancing between rehab and classes. 

Garland may be a far and away better player than Bazley, but there has not been enough evidence to justify such a wide range in projected draft position.

12 minutes ago, PhinithreeMagic said:

It's really fascinating what 5 college games against inferior opponents has done for Garland given one of his HS counterparts, Darius Bazley, was only 3 spots behind him in the rankings and is not coming off injury. Bazley is now expected to be a 2nd round pick because he "sat out a year" even though he was spending all his time training for the NBA and not balancing between rehab and classes. 

Garland may be a far and away better player than Bazley, but there has not been enough evidence to justify such a wide range in projected draft position.

This is why my respect for Langford just continues to grow. Langford willingly played injured most of the season for IU and his teammates, all while an injury to his shooting wrist/hand damaged his draft stock. 

We all have mixed feelings about last season and Langford’s impact, but I hope as time goes on fans remember Langford as the guy that played injured even though it hurt his stock, as opposed to the guy that didn’t take IU back to the tournament. 

44 minutes ago, rico said:

And Juwan Morgan says hello.

Really pulling for Juwan. Probably more so than anyone not named Yogi in recent years to get a chance at some lifetime $. That work ethic/production that IU has injected into the league in recent years or whatever you want to call it has to count for something when the 2nd round comes along.

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

This is why my respect for Langford just continues to grow. Langford willingly played injured most of the season for IU and his teammates, all while an injury to his shooting wrist/hand damaged his draft stock. 

We all have mixed feelings about last season and Langford’s impact, but I hope as time goes on fans remember Langford as the guy that played injured even though it hurt his stock, as opposed to the guy that didn’t take IU back to the tournament. 

All day long. IU fans like to eat their own pretty quickly but I really hope people grow and appreciate Romeo. He'll be paying dividends for IU for the next 3-4 recruiting classes. Just this past week his name was mentioned by prospects. I for one will always love Romeo because he chose us. 

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

All day long. IU fans like to eat their own pretty quickly but I really hope people grow and appreciate Romeo. He'll be paying dividends for IU for the next 3-4 recruiting classes. Just this past week his name was mentioned by prospects. I for one will always love Romeo because he chose us. 

Romeo WILL BE a poster child for IU basketball.

6 hours ago, BGleas said:

That's the way some of us see him now.

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I agree with what you’re saying but it always buys me when People imply that “IU” does things that other programs don’t. Like “IU has fans that get angry about teams losses on social media,” or “IU fans have people who trash players who choose other schools,” etc. I’ve followed recruiting REALLY closely for 18 years and you get two options if you’re a stud recruit of a sport...

1.) go to a school that doesn’t care or have passion for your sport and therefore not get much praise or shoulder unfair judgement at times

OR

2.) Vice Versa

Archived