2019 NBA Draft

Romeo didn't work out for any teams which will hurt him with some. Not all but some. His agent wouldn't let him go talk to the Pacers saying Romeo won't be there at 18, so no need to waste your time. Either thats the agent blowing smoke up Romeo's butt or he has teams saying Romeo won't get past them. We dont know about draft day trades and how they will go but I say between 12 and 16. If He falls to 18, Romeo will be a Pacer.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm still going Romeo to Charlotte at 12. I'm thinking Pacers actually trade Turner and the 18th to New Orleans and move to 4th and take Hunter or Reddish. They could also trade with others to do same but I'll just say the 4th. 

I don't mind trading Turner but I don't think anyone is there at 4 that is worth it.  Actually the player I like there would be Coby White from UNC and the Pacers do need a PG

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't know if he will every be a starting PG in the league

I would disagree with this.  His floor is his brother Justin(solid role player) and ceiling is Jrue(starting PG for the Pelicans).  I think Aaron will very much be a starting PG in this league and as early as 2020-2021.

As far as predictions go for the draft:

Pacers draft Keldon Johnson if he is there(very high on this kid according to multiple interviews from pacers staff) but my prediction is Grant Williams PF From Tennessee.

According to J. Michael(Pacers beat writer for the Indy Star) its reported that Pacers are not parting with Aaron Holiday in ANY deal unless they are extremely blown away(obtaining Conley is not a blown away offer).  His name was constant in just about every trade discussion that opposing teams wanted but the Pacers would decline any option that he was included in,  the Pacers believe he's the future of this team and can be an All-Star level. 

6 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

According to J. Michael(Pacers beat writer for the Indy Star) its reported that Pacers are not parting with Aaron Holiday in ANY deal unless they are extremely blown away(obtaining Conley is not a blown away offer).  His name was constant in just about every trade discussion that opposing teams wanted but the Pacers would decline any option that he was included in,  the Pacers believe he's the future of this team and can be an All-Star level. 

I don't understand not giving him more playoff playing time in a series you knew you weren't winning?   I feel like the pacers don't play for the future.  I'm not talking about tanking. 

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Not that the Pacers made a good pick in that draft, but OG didn't exactly tear up the league this season.  

Heck.  Thomas Bryant has more career win shares than OG.  5.6 compared to 5.0.

I don't think this season tells the whole story of OG's potential.  Too many side issues...injury...emergency surgery and I think he lost a close family member.  I hope the rest of the NBA views him as you do and the Pacers can steal him at some point.  He may find the lineup getting more crowded in Toronto with the emergence of at least one other player.

...and I love Thomas Bryant...funny guy...great passion and he's showing he can play.  Hope he continues up the ladder.

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

I don't know that he's a great fit in Boston with the Celtics having Tatum, Brown and Hayward on the wing already, but I will not be happy if the Celtics pass on Langford at 14. A lot of the mocks (which are mostly garbage anyways, but for the sake of discussion) have the Celtics taking Herro at 14. Can you imagine passing on Langford for Herro?!?!

Looks a lot like taking Leaf and passing on Anunoby.  That trade is going to look worse and worse as Anunoby gets back into form.

Herro would be a bad take at 14...ugh.  He's a shorter slightly quicker version of Leaf to me.

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Looks a lot like taking Leaf and passing on Anunoby.  That trade is going to look worse and worse as Anunoby gets back into form.

Herro would be a bad take at 14...ugh.  He's a shorter slightly quicker version of Leaf to me.

It would be such a bad pick. I can't imagine passing on Langford anywhere after the 10 range really. 

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Romeo didn't work out for any teams which will hurt him with some. Not all but some. His agent wouldn't let him go talk to the Pacers saying Romeo won't be there at 18, so no need to waste your time. Either thats the agent blowing smoke up Romeo's butt or he has teams saying Romeo won't get past them. We dont know about draft day trades and how they will go but I say between 12 and 16. If He falls to 18, Romeo will be a Pacer.

It's not the agent blowing smoke up Langford, it's the agent creating value for his client. If you're aiming to get your client drafted around 7/8-14, why would you go meet with a team with the 18th pick? You want the teams in the 7-14 range thinking, 'he won't meet with 18, must mean he has serious interest from teams higher, we better look closely at him', and you want teams beyond 14 thinking that if they really want him they're going to have to trade up to get him. 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It's not the agent blowing smoke up Langford, it's the agent creating value for his client. If you're aiming to get your client drafted around 7/8-14, why would you go meet with a team with the 18th pick? You want the teams in the 7-14 range thinking, 'he won't meet with 18, must mean he has serious interest from teams higher, we better look closely at him', and you want teams beyond 14 thinking that if they really want him they're going to have to trade up to get him. 

Ryan Carr of the Pacers said that Romeo did not take any visits until the last week because of the injury

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Ryan Carr of the Pacers said that Romeo did not take any visits until the last week because of the injury

I don't know the timeline of his visits, but I do know he has been meeting with teams, not working out obviously, but he has been meeting teams in person. Not sure if all those visits happened in the last week or prior. 

17 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I don't know the timeline of his visits, but I do know he has been meeting with teams, not working out obviously, but he has been meeting teams in person. Not sure if all those visits happened in the last week or prior. 

They said the Pacers talked to Romeo in Chicago at the combine.

25 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

They said the Pacers talked to Romeo in Chicago at the combine.

Probably did. He's also met with teams since the combine. I believe he met with Miami earlier in the week or late last week. He's been interviewing/meeting but again obviously not working out. 

6 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Was just going to say this.  His dad passed away at the beginning of the season, and he had to deal with a wrist injury, concussion, and the emergency appendectomy.  Any player would struggle under those circumstances — not indicative of how good he is.

A concussion, wrist injury and emergency appendectomy all in the same season.....yup, he's a Hoosier. 🤕🤕

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I say Romeo to the Heat at 13.  Pacers will not be picking at 18 or will immediately trade who they pick.

On NBA TV they had a mock draft show last night and had Romeo going to Portland at 25..far cry from the 7-10 range at the beginning of the year 

19 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

On NBA TV they had a mock draft show last night and had Romeo going to Portland at 25..far cry from the 7-10 range at the beginning of the year 

I think he will be closer to 10 than 25.

What kills me about these mocks is that they all still have Cam Reddish in the top 10.  He shot quite a bit worse overall than Romeo did, and he played for a much better team.

29 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I think he will be closer to 10 than 25.

What kills me about these mocks is that they all still have Cam Reddish in the top 10.  He shot quite a bit worse overall than Romeo did, and he played for a much better team.

From what im reading today Reddish is starting to slip in the wrong direction, just seen a Mock that had Romeo to the Pacers..😁..while i will have an eye on Romeo's status im also keeping an eye on Bol Bol..really interested to see who takes a chance on him.

I really prefer that Romeo not go to the Pacers.  It would do him some good to go somewhere where the fan base does not expect him to be the second coming.  Then again, I don't want him to end up in a mismanaged and/or hopeless organization either.  

26 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I really prefer that Romeo not go to the Pacers.  It would do him some good to go somewhere where the fan base does not expect him to be the second coming.  Then again, I don't want him to end up in a mismanaged and/or hopeless organization either.  

Guys on the local radio said the same thing that it would be best for Romeo not to play for the home state team.

Archived