2019 NBA Draft

Interesting that Pacers bringing Brian Bowen in. One more parting shot from me for Kris Wilkes. How's that brand building going at UCLA? Not even in the 2nd round. Signed a deal late last night with Knicks. Maybe those around him who were talking so often during his recruitment will have a presser today to discuss him not being drafted at all??

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Not sure why you’re so caught up on this. He’s going to play off the ball. He can play the 2 on offense and guard opposing 1’s. 

Then who is going to guard opposing teams SGs? Lol casper? 

He will be an asset at PG off the bench. Exactly why I wanted the Pacers to take him. People will have to game plan for his scoring off the bench at that position. Theres literally no way he plays the 2 guard unless Ben Simmons is also on his team. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Then who is going to guard opposing teams SGs? Lol casper? 

He will be an asset at PG off the bench. Exactly why I wanted the Pacers to take him. People will have to game plan for his scoring off the bench at that position. Theres literally no way he plays the 2 guard unless Ben Simmons is also on his team. 

So you think he’s going to just magically develop PG skills? People said the same thing about him this past year that he had to improve his PG skills. That didn’t happen because he’s not a PG. 

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

So you think he’s going to just magically develop PG skills? People said the same thing about him this past year that he had to improve his PG skills. That didn’t happen because he’s not a PG. 

Ok. 6'1 vs. 6'6 on the defensive end. Gotcha. 

You realize the bench is a completely different commodity than the starters.. he will be put in the PNR and will distribute fine and will score well out of the backup PG role. They didnt draft him to play him off the ball. You dont have 6'1 SGs. He is a ball dominate player. (Which is fine)... but he isnt a SG. 

Didn't see much talk or continuing conversation about Pacers pick Bitadze. According to experts everyone is saying it's a phenomenal pick, best NBA ready big man out there....very talented on offense,etc...

Interesting strategy for 2nd round picks. Only thing I can think of is they see very much deeper drafts coming in the next 2-3 years and want to have as many picks as possible. Trading out of this (weak draft on paper) isn't a bad strategy at all. 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Didn't see much talk or continuing conversation about Pacers pick Bitadze. According to experts everyone is saying it's a phenomenal pick, best NBA ready big man out there....very talented on offense,etc...

Interesting strategy for 2nd round picks. Only thing I can think of is they see very much deeper drafts coming in the next 2-3 years and want to have as many picks as possible. Trading out of this (weak draft on paper) isn't a bad strategy at all. 

We also didnt want to shell out anymore money to players that might not even make the team, this year. I loved the decisions to make those trades. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We also didnt want to shell out anymore money to players that might not even make the team, this year. I loved the decisions to make those trades. 

Didn't mind it one bit either. Of course I was in the minority when Pacers traded for Vic/Sabonis and actually said that day Pritchard got the best of the deal. Time will tell but 2nd round picks aren't likely to make rosters anyway. Most end up in GLeague and have to fight their way up. 

53 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Essentially tweeted out when Romeo was drafted that Archie turned a top 5 player into 14th pick in draft...and he quickly deleted after. I'll say this for Dakich. He's turned his zero talent self into a lifetime of income from IU. I guess I'd expect just a tad of appreciation but with most narcissist types....they just don't see their doing anything wrong.

Dakich’s obbsession with insulting and attacking Archie is embarrassing. I’m surprised he hasn’t been called out for it more. It’s WAY over-the-top. 

With Romeo on the Celtics and Juwan hopefully being able to crack the rotation on the Jazz, we might see 5 Hoosiers in the NBA playoffs next year.  Could even be 8 if the Wizards and Kings manage to make it in.  Now if we could just get Zeller off the Hornets...

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Dakich’s obbsession with insulting and attacking Archie is embarrassing. I’m surprised he hasn’t been called out for it more. It’s WAY over-the-top. 

Been that way since Archie arrived. Even though Archie got his daughter her internship down there. Don't like it at all. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'd call him out, but... he has me blocked on Twitter. 

Same here. I tried to tell the public about his behind the scenes actions at IU during Sampson stuff and he blocked me instantly. Funny part he wasn't even in involved in the conversation which means his insecure a-- was searching for his name. What a joke.

33 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't have a problem with it since but I also don't think 2nd round round picks are guaranteed contracts. 

Weirdest auto correct ever.  Toy sets.  What the hell is wrong with you Google.  

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I agree.  But, in hindsight, I would rather have Romeo in Boston than Miami.

Agree. Miami traditionally has been a well run organization and very competitive but they haven’t done well since LBJ left in player development, team development and general front office decision - making. They are well coached, but Stevens is excellent and a players’ coach.

Really think the fit for Romeo in Boston is as good as he could have hoped for. He will be developed and given opportunities without the expectation of immediate high level production. With the team Boston has (though losing Horford will hurt) he will have good room on the floor to utilize his smooth, deceptively quick drives and pull-ups.

59 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Somebody needs to spray some Cruex on Jakich.

Archived