2019 NBA Draft

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Dakich is the only person I've heard refer to Romeo as a top 5 pick. The only time I ever heard Romeo and top 5 in the same sentence was in reference to his recruiting ranking. Perhaps Dakich confused the two?

Romeo was never going top 5 in this draft, or any draft. It was pretty obvious when we played Duke back in November that he wasn't even on the same planet as their freshmen.

Well the other day I was watching the IU/Duke game from this year and they had the top 5 draft prospect list and Romeo was #5 at that time.

21 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Dakich is the only person I've heard refer to Romeo as a top 5 pick. The only time I ever heard Romeo and top 5 in the same sentence was in reference to his recruiting ranking. Perhaps Dakich confused the two?

Romeo was never going top 5 in this draft, or any draft. It was pretty obvious when we played Duke back in November that he wasn't even on the same planet as their freshmen.

Romeo can play with Reddish just fine. 

On 6/21/2019 at 8:23 AM, Seeking6 said:

Didn't mind it one bit either. Of course I was in the minority when Pacers traded for Vic/Sabonis and actually said that day Pritchard got the best of the deal. Time will tell but 2nd round picks aren't likely to make rosters anyway. Most end up in GLeague and have to fight their way up. 

I was right there with you, man...I liked hat trade to get Vic right out of the box.  The two reasons I saw immediately were where he was on career trajectory (earlier than PG) and what kind of person he was (a great teammate for good locker room chemistry).  I viewed Sabonis as a bonus...but had no idea how big a bonus he would become.

8 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I was right there with you, man...I liked hat trade to get Vic right out of the box.  The two reasons I saw immediately were where he was on career trajectory (earlier than PG) and what kind of person he was (a great teammate for good locker room chemistry).  I viewed Sabonis as a bonus...but had no idea how big a bonus he would become.

I had watched Sabonis probably 20 times in college and I knew when we made the trade it was a steal. He avged 14 and 9 last year and only played 24mins, stud. 

On 6/21/2019 at 2:33 PM, BGleas said:

That's what I saw reported as well. The foot injury, but then also a lot of questions about how motivated he is and how much he really loves basketball. Apparently he dogged it at some of the camps in high school and never showed much motivation. It was also reported that he's one of these kids that bounced around from prep school to prep school and then when he only played 9 games in college, he had nobody to vouch for him to teams when those questions came up.  

Watched the ESPN/Draft Express Scouting report of him before the draft. During his strength's portion of the video, he looked like a top 5 pick. During the weakness's portion, he looked like he should go undrafted (motivation/effort strongly questioned). Pretty amazing contrast and worth a watch.

9 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Watched the ESPN/Draft Express Scouting report of him before the draft. During his strength's portion of the video, he looked like a top 5 pick. During the weakness's portion, he looked like he should go undrafted (motivation/effort strongly questioned). Pretty amazing contrast and worth a watch.

Link?

Archived