2019 NBA Draft

16 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

The kids who can be chosen straight from high school are a much smaller, select few. 

The point I was making is that the media is salivating over Garland, calling him a top 3-4 pick -- NOT based on his high school play, but based on his first and only 5 games in college. 

To add to your point, he played against the mighty lineup of Winthrop, USC, Alcorn St., Liberty, and Kent State. He went down 2mins into the Kent State game, so really it is only 4 games. Against Alcorn St (25% of his GP), he posted an unimpressive line.

That tells me that they have to be taking into account his HS play, team workouts, and/or he is just benefiting from teams needs PGs in a weak draft. I've said it before I'd take White over him all day.

image.png

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Listened to ESPN radio on the way home for work today.  Rick Bozich was on and he said the number one thing he has been told that was holding Romeo back was the appearance that he lacked passion when on the floor.

Also heard he did not interview well.  Passion was mentioned in that aspect too.  I know IU and pacer homers do t want to hear this but Romeo coming to Indy may backfire poorly.  Hearing some things through New Albany, I'm hoping for his sake he gets real far away to create himself and be his own man.  I'll just say it.  "I don't want your life."

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Also heard he did not interview well.  Passion was mentioned in that aspect too.  I know IU and pacer homers do t want to hear this but Romeo coming to Indy may backfire poorly.  Hearing some things through New Albany, I'm hoping for his sake he gets real far away to create himself and be his own man.  I'll just say it.  "I don't want your life."

Honestly it’s silly. This is one of the highest scoring ballers in IN history. Passion. Duncan, Kawhi, etc. 

Archived